Wiki Posts
Search

Million Miler Gifts?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2005, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 6MM
Million Miler Gifts?

My wife has just reached the Million Mile level and received the following email from AAdvantage Marketing. The email doesn't mention lifetime gold but can I assume that it would be included in the gifts referred to? Same goes for the 4 eVIPs (she is UK resident).

"Congratulations on reaching the Million Miler level!

Whether you eagerly awaited this achievement or didn't realize it occurred, I want you to know that we think it's an accomplishment to celebrate. In just a few weeks you'll receive a new elite membership card that acknowledges your Million Miler status - plus some other gifts we think you'll enjoy.

Every one of the 1,000,000 AAdvantage miles you've earned is an indication of your support, and we thank you for your commitment to American Airlines and the AAdvantage program.

Yours truly,

Kurt Stache
President
AAdvantage Marketing Programs"
Old Nov 2, 2005, 8:32 am

i did not get any gifts and the letter did mention the life time status.

i guess ou will have to wait till your new card comes to find out
Old Nov 2, 2005, 8:32 am

and dont be suprised if the "gift" is new luggage tags
Old Nov 2, 2005, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 6MM
Originally Posted by azmmza
i did not get any gifts and the letter did mention the life time status.

i guess ou will have to wait till your new card comes to find out
This is scary. I hope it doesn't mean the end of lifetime status at 1MM and 2MM? Hopefully it's just a different letter that AA use for UK residents.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by becket5
This is scary. I hope it doesn't mean the end of lifetime status at 1MM and 2MM? Hopefully it's just a different letter that AA use for UK residents.
IT WAS AN UNPUBLISHED PERK
Old Nov 2, 2005, 11:04 am

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Am a US based member ....

Got a very similar letter in September ... also without the mention of lifetime.... so it is NOT a change to this unpublished perk!

Congratulations on reaching the next Million Miler level!

As the millions of miles add up, there are fewer members who earn this special designation. In just a few weeks you'll receive a new elite membership card that acknowledges your multi-Million Miler status - plus some other gifts we think you'll enjoy.

We are gratified by your dedication and confidence in us. Thanks for your commitment to American Airlines and the AAdvantage program.

It could be something as SIMPLE as 1MM gets a letter with Lifetime Gold information, 2MM get a letter with Lifetime PLT information and 3MM (original poster) and above (me at 4MM) already KNOWS about this feature so they don't bother repeating it!

Chicken little .. the sky is falling ...

Let's not read TOOOO much into the horrible marketing that AA does! I mean the simple fact that they re-re-release the Lifetime AC membeship, the 'new' International Menus and the $25 same day change fee tells you that AA's marketing department simply has no clue!
Old Nov 2, 2005, 11:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Originally Posted by JGR01
It could be something as SIMPLE as 1MM gets a letter with Lifetime Gold information, 2MM get a letter with Lifetime PLT information and 3MM (original poster) and above (me at 4MM) already KNOWS about this feature so they don't bother repeating it!

Chicken little .. the sky is falling ...

Let's not read TOOOO much into the horrible marketing that AA does! I mean the simple fact that they re-re-release the Lifetime AC membeship, the 'new' International Menus and the $25 same day change fee tells you that AA's marketing department simply has no clue!
But if you re-read the OP's post, you'll notice that he's talking about his wife, who has just crossed 1MM, not his own level, so that's why the 'sky is falling'. Combine that with JonNYC's feelings that this was going to change this year and it's certainly late enough in the year to get the annual panic going...
Old Nov 2, 2005, 11:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jabrams72
But if you re-read the OP's post, you'll notice that he's talking about his wife, who has just crossed 1MM, not his own level, so that's why the 'sky is falling'. Combine that with JonNYC's feelings that this was going to change this year and it's certainly late enough in the year to get the annual panic going...
Oh, no, no, no, no-- don't bring me into this one!

The change I was talking about would come about differently (and is on hold as far as last heard)-- and I don't have any reason to think this has anything to do with that. I feel like I would have known if there was any change of this nature.

Don't panic.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Don't panic.

But we like to panic. After all, what better use for the internet than allowing millions of under-informed people to start rumours and draw conclusions from very little information?
Old Nov 2, 2005, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Don't panic.
Yes, please don't panic. I am reasonably sure the sky has not yet fallen. At the very least I can state that the AAdvantage lifetime program seems to still be alive and well.

My husband reached 1MM in late September. On Oct 5 he received an email from AA worded exactly as the message in the OP.

A week or ten days later (I don't remember the exact date) my husband received a packet from AA. It contained his EXP 1MM membership card and 2 luggage tags, plus a letter stating "...I want you to know that your Million Miler status means you're entitled to AAdvantage Gold membership for the liftime of the Gold program..."

Edited to add:
Whoops forgot to write that the letter went on to state:
As another reward for attaining Million Miler status, eight 500-mile upgrades have been deposited into you electroonic upgrade account.
At some point before receiving this letter, we had checked his AA account and the 8 upgrade stickers had already been deposited.
(Of course, the OP's wife won't be able to see if the eVIPs have been deposited online because the software doesn't yet support that. )

Last edited by oklAAhoma; Nov 2, 2005 at 12:44 pm Reason: To add a statement.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by azmmza
IT WAS AN UNPUBLISHED PERK
Which makes it less desireable or less disappointing if it goes away?
Old Nov 2, 2005, 1:36 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mwhitted
Which makes it less desireable or less disappointing if it goes away?
Nah- just means that we can only whine about it here for a little while if it happens, but can't "talk to anyone" since it never officially existed.

Cheers.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 8:23 am

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Is this the end of American's MM program?

This worries me greatly as I recall a very clearly worded letter when I reached 1MM status outlining the lifetime gold status. Has anyone recieved such a letter as of late?
Old Nov 6, 2005, 9:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, DL Silver, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
My 2MM packet was received on October 19, 2005. Along with a new EXP card and 2 luggage tags and a letter that states: "...please keep in mind that your multi-Million Miler status means you're entitled to enjoy AAdvantage Platinum membership for the lifetime of the Platinum program, regardless of your annual elite-qualifying miles, points or segments."
Old Nov 6, 2005, 1:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mktozd
This worries me greatly as I recall a very clearly worded letter when I reached 1MM status outlining the lifetime gold status. Has anyone recieved such a letter as of late?
You mean besides the person who posted same just three posts previous to yours?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.