Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis New York City NYC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Concierge email address: [email protected]

Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from March 2018 including description of Table 55 at the King Cole Bar:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ular-stay-2408
Print Wikipost

St Regis New York City NYC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2008, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Arrow St Regis New York City NYC [Master Thread]

I am listening to WNYC (NPR) right now, and the guest is the pianist from the St Regis bar.

The story is about how piano bars are disappearing around NYC, as more high end hotels are turned into condos, while the management of others does not see music as an integral part of a bar as profit center.

Apparently, St. Regis management is bucking the trend, and guests really appreciate it. It was nice to hear that Starwood is doing something right, while FS et al are all using spreadsheets to manage the experience.

http://www.wnyc.org/shows/soundcheck...des/2008/01/09

/mod

Earlier reports can be found at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html

mod/

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Apr 4, 2010 at 3:58 pm
Old May 4, 2008, 11:56 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
St. Regis New York - Hotel review

Hi All: I tried finding a report on this hotel in this forum but could not find a decent report. So here is my contribution.

I stayed at the St. Regis New York for 3 nights last week.. It is a very nice hotel, beautiful room, great location (steps from 5th Avenue), and wonderful service. I paid for a standard room, and upon checking in, the front desk agent saw my Platinum status and was immediately upgraded to a one bedroom suite. The lobby is a bit small, but very ornate.

The suite itself is very opulent (about 600 square feet in size). Two beautiful chandeliers hanging (one in the bedroom and the other in the living room). Two very large Plasma TV (54inch) - one in the living room and the other in front of the bed that goes up and down. The bed is the most comfortable that I've slept in. The Bathroom is all marble and the toiletries are Laboratoire REMEDE (in a nice 70ml size)

Each room is assigned a Room Butler, who came and introduced herself and the complimentary services: 2 pressings per stay, Coffee/Tea service on the first day, unlimited refills on Evian or San Perringrino, 3 different newspaper deliver each morning (NYTimes, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal), shoe shine.

I was surprised that the room service and wireless internet prices were very reasonable for such an upscale hotel: Internet was 9.95 per day, and Breakfast was $30.

I was addressed by name at all times. and the Concierge staff was the best.

Link to pictures here:
http://public.fotki.com/ACfly/americ...egis-new-york/

Last edited by ACfly; May 8, 2008 at 8:25 am Reason: Added links to pictures
Old May 4, 2008, 1:01 pm
Y'z

Thank you for your report. They used to give tea/ coffee service every morning but now they just give it in the very first day only? They also served some pastries or fruits each afternoon, but do they stop doing it too??
Old May 4, 2008, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by Y'z
Thank you for your report. They used to give tea/ coffee service every morning but now they just give it in the very first day only? They also served some pastries or fruits each afternoon, but do they stop doing it too??
Yes, they did bring fresh fruit bowl everyday, but I did not receive tea or coffee in the morning, only on the day of arrival.
Old May 8, 2008, 8:26 am

Link to pictures updated

I've added the link to the pictures that I took of the room.

http://public.fotki.com/ACfly/americ...egis-new-york/
Old May 31, 2008, 3:17 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Can you use points at the St. Regis?

I have some memory that I read on this forum that you can't use points to book a room at the St. Regis. Is this true?
Old May 31, 2008, 3:42 pm

Programs: AC, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by travelnow100
I have some memory that I read on this forum that you can't use points to book a room at the St. Regis. Is this true?
You can redeem points. It's a category 7 (so 30 - 35k per night). The information is right on the hotel's home page:

St. Regis New York
Old May 31, 2008, 5:27 pm

Programs: SPG Plat AA EXP 2.5MM
Contacts at St. Regis NYC

Hi

I am booked to stay June 13-15 in a Gran-Luxe room to celebrate the big 40 with my gf. I have a few requests to make, one of them being a reservation at Adour while I am there. I have not stayed here before, I am usually on business and stay at the Sheraton Hotel and Towers or the Westin TS.

I will call directly on Monday to the concierge, but any names/contact details would be appreciated.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 1:53 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
ACfly, the butler is suppose to bring tea/coffee every morning. Shame you missed out.

CaymanCanuck, call the concierge Monday AM as they do hold 4 tables for hotel guests. Opentable only shows early reservations which I would only suggest if you wanted to do the 5 course tasting menu (which is really almost 8 courses by the time you are done!)
Old Jun 1, 2008, 6:52 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Can you use cash and points at The St. Regis New York?
Old Jun 1, 2008, 7:04 pm

Programs: AC, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by travelnow100
Can you use cash and points at The St. Regis New York?
Nope, it's a category 7. The highest category you can get C & P at is 6.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 10:23 am

Programs: SPG Plat AA EXP 2.5MM
Outstanding concierge and reservations staff

I called the concierge this morning and he was outstanding. He indicated that the restaurant was full that evening, and I mentioned it was a speclal occasion and he said he would get back to me. He came back an hour later with a reservation for two at 9:30pm which is awesome, he asked if there was anything else and he noted my Plt status and encourgaed me to get in touch with any other requests. I asked to be transferred to reservations and they confirmed late check out as well as acknowledged by Plt status and mentioned that a special occasion note would go on the record and that they would provide me with the best upgrade available at check-in.

I am really looking forward to this trip.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 8:49 pm

Went the extra mile or two

Stayed here on June 17th to the 19th for my wife's birthday. Used 60,000 points. Requested a good view and 3 P.M. checkout. I am a Gold Preferred. Was upgraded to a Madison Suite with 875 square feet, two full baths , a bedroom and a sitting room. Also received complimentary Champagne and sweets on our first night, fruit everyday, and coffe with morning wake up call. The managers at the King Cole Bar gave me the next available table when it was crowded. Checked out at 3 P.M. Absolutely the best stay I've ever had.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 9:36 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Anyone have ideas for decent rates here? I wanted to book a room for July 5 (just one night) and the SPG 50 rate was about $550, which seemed high. I thought rack rate was around $700 for the lowest room. No way I'll use 30,000 points for this.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 4:37 pm
Y'z

Originally Posted by troyb
Anyone have ideas for decent rates here? I wanted to book a room for July 5 (just one night) and the SPG 50 rate was about $550, which seemed high. I thought rack rate was around $700 for the lowest room. No way I'll use 30,000 points for this.
When is the last time you saw $700 rack rate? I think their rack rate is around $1100 now. So $550 is actually good deal. These days NY hotel rate is rising quickly, maybe because US dollar devaluation but NY occupancy rates are still high. Most tourists from Europe can afford it. I haven't seen the rate less than $500 for Ritz, Four Seasons, or St Regis recently. They mostly charge nearly $1000 for standard room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.