Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Suites Plantation, Fort Lauderdale West [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Suites Plantation, Fort Lauderdale West [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2005, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA,HP,MP,DL,SPG, MR
Arrow Sheraton Suites Plantation, Fort Lauderdale West [Master Thread]

Hi: Did a search but it came back negative. Just booked an award stay at this property. Has anyone stayed there and is there any feedback about it? thanks for any info.
Old Dec 6, 2005, 10:39 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, AC E50K
Hotel is a little tired. Suites are small. The bed was fine but decor old. they do have a fridge and microwave. Got upgraded to a Jacuzzi room, I wouldn't even consider using it. Staff was friendly. Great fish restaurant next door, the attached mall is 50% vacant. Had some trouble and they comp'd the room. I would't stay there again unless they renovate.
Old Dec 6, 2005, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HH DIAMOND, IHG PLAT, RYANAIR NO OTHER OPTION FLYER
I believe the suites are in Plantation? If so there are a couple of positive reviews on www.tripadvisor.com. I am staying there in order to be near to the Sawgrass Mills outlet mall.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 10:40 pm

I'm currently staying at the Suites in Plantation. The property has recently been completely renovated and is really quite attractive and comfortable now. The only downside is that it resides in the ghost-town shell of a deserted mall, so the only place you are going to walk to is your car.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 8:41 am

Programs: SPG Plat , AAdvantage Plat
I stayed for 3 days in the Sheraton Suites at Plantation . It was a very nice stay . Very nice suite room and wonderful staff .
Old May 22, 2007, 9:15 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Just came back from this hote and had a great stay. The mall attached is empty at this point but that makes parking a lot easier. Self parking is free and plentiful. The staff are all great. The room are very well decorated and just refurbed within the last 6 months or so. I think they did a great job as everything looks great. I do find it intersting that they did a 10 million dollar refurb and left older equipment in the fitness area. The equipment is "ok" but obviously dated. I got a pretty goog deal in that I booked a prepaid exec level rate which included breakfast and internet access. It was only $8 over the standard rate.

I reccomend this hotel if you need to be in the area or dont mind driving to the beach etc.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
I stayed here recently and was slightly disappointed. I will admit that I did not do my research on flyertalk, so shame on me.

The hotel seems to be in an ok area except for the fact that it is adjacent to a dilapidated and abandoned mall that seems like it has not been open for years. Parking is plentiful and free. The lobby is small, but cozy with free wifi if you ask the front desk for the code. The rooms are a little on the small side, but have been updated and have a sleeper sofa, fridge, microwave, desk, flat screen tv and an ok layout. The bathroom features good lighting and a double sink, which makes it great when two of you are getting ready to go out. The hotel was about a 10-minute ride from downtown fll and Las Olas Blvd and maybe a 15-minute to the Hollywood Circle. I would most likely return to this hotel again, but if I find a better rate at the Westin Fort Lauderdale or another SPG property I will stay there first.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 4:43 pm

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Just completed 2 one day stays here.Picked because of low rate and convenience to Sawgrass mills.The rooms are very good considering the rate.You certainly need a car.The mall is still deserted.
My main problem though is with their IT.On arrival the first time I was told that my status was not in the system.It has been on all other stays.I had put down my platinum card.Got a room on the club floor(2nd) and everything OK.At check out I asked if my status was in the system and told yes.However on return 1 week later again showed my platinum card and told that my status was not in the system-got zilch,not even breakfast coupons that was included in rate.On our way out for shopping I gave the woman an extra chance and asked what the hotel did for diamonds.flustered she looked at the screen and said Oh1 Breakfast is included in your rate and gave us coupons.On second checkout the woman on duty was the one who checked us in on our first visit.I said by the way i will have points as my platinum amenity.she looked at her screen and said my status wasnt in the system-I then told her of what was said at checkout 6 days ago,the Starwood property we stayed at between our stays had the status in the system and by the way you checked us in last time and were shown my card why wasnt this booking noted by you?"you will have to check with SPG."
I will.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I stayed at this property prior to the renovations and yes it was rather tired.

The service back then was mediocre so I'm not surprised to hear that it has remained status quo.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA and HH
Has anyone stayed here recently? Do they charge for parking? Plat benefits?
Old Mar 24, 2010, 2:44 pm

Email address for this property?

Looked on spg.com but the 'contact us' link doesn't show email address?

If anyone (SL or SL2?) has this property's email address I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Old Mar 24, 2010, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by gbryan84
Do they charge for parking?
I pass this hotel often on my way to and from work. With the mall closed, there is lots of parking, and with no competition from shoppers, parking is free.

The mall (Plantation Fashion Mall) died when it lost its anchors - Lord and Taylor left the market, and when Federated bought out Burdines (the local major department store), the Macys at PFM closed and took over the Burdines space at the Westfield Broward Mall, located a couple of blocks away on other side of Broward Blvd.

The parking lots look busy whenever I go by, and I often see large buses parked in the lot - charter coaches and, sometimes, customized buses that look like musicians' tour buses.

A local developer has bought the mall and plans a mixed-use development on the mall site when the economy improves.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:21 am
Suspended

[edit: i mistakenly put a review for the cypress creek sheraton here]

Last edited by BenSenise; Mar 11, 2012 at 10:55 pm Reason: wrong thread
Old Mar 11, 2012, 4:21 pm
Suspended

No wifi!!! Yes, you read that correctly. Amazing.

Free breakfast buffet as well as Platinum amenity. But, I just can't believe no wifi. And, to pour salt in the wound, the corded ethernet internet is slow.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 7:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
No wifi!!! Yes, you read that correctly. Amazing.

Free breakfast buffet as well as Platinum amenity. But, I just can't believe no wifi. And, to pour salt in the wound, the corded ethernet internet is slow.
we had wifi in our room a few weeks ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.