Search

Does 17J on 762 have overhead storage?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2006, 10:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Does 17J on 762 have overhead storage?

About to possibly take my first coach flight ever on AA

A question; they gave me 17J for the time being-- I know it's considered a great economy seat-- can any one advise if it has overhead storage? Or do you have to go forward/back to find room for carry-ons.

Frightened at LAX,
-jon
Old Jan 2, 2006, 10:15 am

Programs: AA EXP-1MM, SPG Gld, HH Silver, Skymiles, Marriott Silver, Hyatt GP Plat , CO Peon, Hertz 5 Star
I know there is no floor storage for that seat but I am not sure about overhead bin space.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 10:16 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chsb
Try looking here. I know there is no floor storage for that seat.

http://www.seatguru.com
That was my first stop.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by JonNYC

A question; they gave me 17J for the time being-- I know it's considered a great economy seat-- can any one advise if it has overhead storage? Or do you have to go forward/back to find room for carry-ons.

Frightened at LAX,
-jon

17J should not be so bad, but 39E that would be roughing it.

Last edited by DataPlumber; Jan 2, 2006 at 10:35 am
Old Jan 2, 2006, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Funny. My partner may have to take her first coach flight ever on AA tomorrow. No F seats available even for purchase on any FLL-LGA flight.

I hope there are some F no-shows on both your flight and hers! Although since she's only PLT, there are probably others ahead of her on the upgrade list.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 11:13 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vasantn
Funny. My partner may have to take her first coach flight ever on AA tomorrow. No F seats available even for purchase on any FLL-LGA flight.

I hope there are some F no-shows on both your flight and hers! Although since she's only PLT, there are probably others ahead of her on the upgrade list.
Thanks for the kind wishes. The flight is J0, but with only 8 J-pax checked in at this point (1.5 hours before departure) and, obviously, biblically bad weather here at LAX. I'm #1 on the list-- and checked in as a through pax (arriving from SCL on LA-- they did me a bit of a favor.) Still-- that J0 just isn't budging...

I must say everybody here at LAX from check-in to, especially, FL staff have been INCREDIBLE in trying to help me (I was and may still buy a Y-up instead) Everyone's really making me feel like they're on my side and looking to help me -not- waste more $$ than I have to. The FL lady on duty now has been particularly warm, wonderful, professional and encouraging. ^^
Old Jan 2, 2006, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
May be too late now, but IMO the only reason to buy the J upgrade from 17J is for the food -- and that's not worth $125 of stickers. The seat is almost as wide, and reclines almost as far.

And yes, it has overhead storage.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 2:36 pm

OK, you are probably on the flight now, but just in case it got delayed or something (a distinct possibility today)...

Haven't done 17J on the 762 but on the 763 there is a locker that is above and in front of the seat. About half the size of a typical overheard bin. Don't know if the two are equivalent or not, but hopefully that helps.

Last edited by kef0913; Jan 2, 2006 at 2:39 pm
Old Jan 2, 2006, 2:41 pm

how will buying a YUP help you? if its J0 then how can they sell a yUP?
Old Jan 2, 2006, 3:06 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones

Last edited by rbAA; Jan 2, 2006 at 3:29 pm
Old Jan 2, 2006, 3:21 pm

I dunno know the difference between the 762 and 763, but when I have had 17J (the nice reclining crew seat), there is overhead storage, but it's small and a bit hard to get to. There is a sort of door that extends a bit, so one of the bins doesn't raise up all the way, so you can slide in flat things (coat, computer bag, etc.) but a rolly bag will not fit height-wise.

By the way, I am extremely proud that I can answer a question for JonNYC, considering how many he has answered for me!
Old Jan 2, 2006, 7:09 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CO FF
May be too late now, but IMO the only reason to buy the J upgrade from 17J is for the food -- and that's not worth $125 of stickers. The seat is almost as wide, and reclines almost as far.

And yes, it has overhead storage.
Maybe I was seeing things but I looked at 17J and it looked to me like it didn't recline a single inch-- zero recline is what I saw-- I would have killed myself.

Just got in-- the FL agent fought like HELL to get me an -R- seat and did so at the very last, hectic second. I was on a cheap one-way ticket purchased a few days ago and I don't know how in the world she did it (let's just say I "saw and heard things" at the gate that made me understand just how far she went.) Last minute flight went to J2 and, viola. She was utterly magnificent and mentioned "taking care of our executive plats" several times (and I was pretty much the only unfamous guy in the place.) We talked at length as she told me how my chances looked, the bad weather's affect, etc. She was unbelievable. ^^

Meatball hero was what was served. I won't say anymore.. the FA apologized to each and every person she served it to (it's "new" she said?) And I had had LAN F-class food previous flight, so...
The Y-up I was gonna' buy was on a later flight, but glad I didn't have to spend any additional $$.
Also, flew up from SCL w/ another FTer and we had a moment of silence for LAN's soon to be departed F-class.
Then again the toast was with vintage Taittinger...

Last edited by JonNYC; Jan 2, 2006 at 7:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.