Centurion Clubs Mexico City (MEX)

Old Jan 5, 2006, 6:06 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Centurion Clubs Mexico City (MEX)

Im sitting in the lounge and wanted to let everyone know whats inside, etc.

I got in on a USA Plat Business Card. No questions asked!
I presume anyone else with a Plat USA should not have any problems.

The club is located in the "H" section. 19H. Its a bit tricky. If you go to the 19 gates, right BEHIND the moving walkways. You take the path behind the glass right. Then you get to another open area with stores like Duty Free and Lacoste. The elevators to the lounges are on the LEFT side. You take it to the Second floor. Then turn left. When you walk into the checkin lounge room thingy, United RCC is on the Right (Also Priority Pass) and the AMEX is on the LEFT. Just show the shiny card and they wil let you in.

The lounge is similar to the intl lounge in term 5 in ORD (if anyone been there)
There is a large open room with a bunch of leather chairs, they got a full stock bar (I like my J.W. Black with ice, and Coke) They also got chips, snacks, pretzzels, and little bagel things. They got a cappichuno machine and a TV with CNN for the business traveler and a bunch of newspapers.

They even got a Xbox for the child in you!

If AMEX actually told members about this club, I would of been here more often. As of now, there is NOONE becides me in the club.

I will take a few photos, and post em shortly.
Old Jan 17, 2006, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Sorry for the delay, but here are the photos

Main big part of lounge view of the chairs and the bamboo

The bar view and coffee machine

The hallway with the TV at the end that has XBox
Old Jan 17, 2006, 1:09 pm

Programs: LH, UA
Hi,
is this lounge operated by Amex or accessible through Priority Pass? Is there a directory of "native" Amex lounges available somewhere?

Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2006, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Looks like an RCC to me!

Oh no, the furniture doesn't look like it was rescued from a skip after being nibbled upon by wolves
Old Jan 17, 2006, 4:14 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Frecuenta Mexicana
Centurion Club lounges are operated directly by American Express.

Following locations with Centurion lounges, are cited in AMEX Mexico web page: Mexico City, Guadalajara, Monterrey, Brazil and Buenos Aires.

http://www10.americanexpress.com/sif...1,24354,00.asp

(spanish)
Old Jan 17, 2006, 4:45 pm

Programs: ,starwood gold, fairmont premier,Aeromexico Platino
This lounge is not advertised at all. Just for the Platinum and Centurion amex members in Mexico(no many). I got my first platinum amex in Mexico. Is a hidden lounge, very few people visit it. That is why is my favorite at that airport. I got my Priority pass card that would get me into UAL, PC, Aeromexico, etc. But i always use my platinum amex to acces this one.
Any platinum memebr from any country can access.
Old Jan 17, 2006, 5:16 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Theres one in ORD?!
Old Jan 17, 2006, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by patchan8984
Theres one in ORD?!
There are quite a few AMEX access lounges in the Middle East.

http://www.americanexpress.com.bh/me...ts_airport.jsp

No mention of any AMEX lounge at ORD ??
Old Jan 18, 2006, 12:02 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
When I was there in late December they had a number of laptops for use plus two Panasonic ToughBooks at the bar.

I do believe Gold cardholders may also be permitted to enter but it may be Gold Corporate only.

They have an area for children and a reserved area for Centurion cardholders.

It has been upgraded in the last year and is quite nice.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by jackplum
They have an area for children and a reserved area for Centurion cardholders.
Is it one and the same area for kids and Centurion holders ?
Old Dec 25, 2006, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

MEX plat/cent lounge closing/moving

Just an update. I was there today and starting Dec 30th, the AMEX Plat/Cent lounge that was on the 2nd floor near gate 19 is moving to gate 31 for now. I was told that they are building a new one, but didn't give me any info. Reason they told me that they are moving is they ended the contract with United (RCC next door) Might help someone traveling instead of walking all the way there and back
Old Jan 6, 2007, 8:47 am
Original Poster

New Cent/Plat MEX Lounge + pics

I had a chance to stop by the new lounge on my flight back. Its located in MEX international pert, across from gate 31 (basically all the way at the end) Pictures might not be the best, used my cell phone.

You enter through glass doors with a big sign overhead. There is a small desk to check-in, and elevator + stairs that you take down to go to the lounge.

Entrance picture

Rules says 8 guests with Cent card, 4 with Plat (if I can read my Spanish)

When you get down, restrooms are to the left and right in front of you is a new thing.. massages! You can come in, and get a free 15min massage. No pools, jacuzzi, or saunas though. I got the direct phone number there, so if anyone wants to book a slot for a massage, PM me.

Spa picture
times picture

The lounge is at ground level. There is a bar, and comes with a bar tender. Same type of food, though there were also mini sandwiches now. New leather chairs and wooden tables. There are laptops that you can use and a xbox to play.

lounge picture

Overall its a nice lounge, but just small. Got crowded in there at times. The old lounge (near gate 19 floor 2) should be open again in April/May from what I was told, and they do not plan to close this one.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 5:21 pm

Sounds pretty cool, the pix wern't horrible considering you were using a cell phone.

do you or anybody know where the list of lounges for Cent/Pla members is located on the American Express website? I can't find it anywhere. unless, im looking at it. it says "Platinum Card members receive complimentary access to participating Continental Airlines Presidents Club, Delta Crown Room Club, and
Northwest Airlines WorldClubs in airports around the world"

is this the same as the Cent/Plat lounges?
Old Jan 6, 2007, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got crowded in there at times.
8 guests with Cent card, 4 with Plat
Old Jan 6, 2007, 6:14 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by UAL747fan
do you or anybody know where the list of lounges for Cent/Pla members is located on the American Express website? ..
Its here:
https://www124.americanexpress.com/c...clubaccess.jsp

The MEX Cent club used to be listed there... now it just shows the CO club location...

Is there any other Cent/Plat club/lounge in the world other than MEX?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.