Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

4 Points by Sheraton Bolzano Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2005, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Location: Washington, DC, USA : Starwood Gold, DL- no more :-(
Four Points Bolzano room questions

Has any one stayed at the Four Points in Bolzano, Italy yet? If so, could you provide comments on the rooms. My husband and I are going to be in Italy next week staying in Rome, Florence (Westin Excelsior), and Venice (Hotel Danieli). Right now I have a Junior Suite booked for $200 euro (which doesn't sound bad for a suite), but I am wondering how the rooms are in general. Since we are staying at the Excelsior in Florence and the Danieli in Venice (which are both really nice properties) I am wondering if we should stick with the junior suite or if the regular rooms at the Four points are nice? I've heard good things in general about this property since it is new. I'm just wondering if it is worth 50-100 euro to have a junior suite versus a standard room. Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Old Mar 29, 2005, 3:11 am

staylor9, I apologize that I don't have an answer for you, but my stay at this property is not for a couple months. Could you please post back with a comment on the property after your stay?
Old Mar 29, 2005, 11:34 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Spg Gold, HH Gold, AZ Freccia Alata, Hertz Club Gold

I booked as a Gold Spg a delux Room for 150 Euro ( 2 Persons ) and the upgrade me to a TIROLESE SUITE puls a bottle of water and a pack of Loakers Waffers.... ^

Very nice ! ^ ^ ^
Old Mar 30, 2005, 9:48 am
Original Poster

I posted a question about their rooms the other day on a separate thread, but since you're there.. how are they? I have a Jr Suite booked for April 9th and am wondering if I should change the reservation to an executive or other room that would be less. I got the Jr Suite for 200 euro, but I can get other rooms for 107 or 146 euro I think. Any info you can provide would be great! How is the property as a whole? How is the view of the mountains? I can't wait for our trip!
Old Mar 30, 2005, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by staylor9
I posted a question about their rooms the other day on a separate thread, but since you're there.. how are they? I have a Jr Suite booked for April 9th and am wondering if I should change the reservation to an executive or other room that would be less. I got the Jr Suite for 200 euro, but I can get other rooms for 107 or 146 euro I think. Any info you can provide would be great! How is the property as a whole? How is the view of the mountains? I can't wait for our trip!
I sudgest you to book a Deluxe Room for 150 euro.
If you are gold SPG ( if they do the same ) they will upgrade you to a Tirolose Suite ( room number 421 ( is one of them ) ) or an executive Suite.
it have 1 large bathroom with a separated WC. Very nice wood finishing and very quite room.
From there you can see the mountains and the fair ( just near to hotel ).
If there isn't a fair or an expo there aren't a lot of people, so I think, a suite or a best room is aviable for the upgrade. There is a nice pool with idromassage on the top floor.
The breackfast is nice ( but very less than a Sheraton ! )
I suggest you to park your car in the right side of hotel ( near the FERCAM site ) or if you prefer there is a parcking in the hotel's garadge.

Hope to you to have a nice stay.

If I can help you, or have more questions.... I'm here !
Old Mar 30, 2005, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info! Unfortunately I lost my status (guess I need to update my Flyertalk profile) so I don't think I'll be able to get an upgrade, so maybe I should stick with my Jr Suite. I'm sure the other rooms are nice too, but I imagine the Jr Suites have a better view. Thanks for the info!
Old Mar 30, 2005, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by staylor9
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately I lost my status (guess I need to update my Flyertalk profile) so I don't think I'll be able to get an upgrade, so maybe I should stick with my Jr Suite. I'm sure the other rooms are nice too, but I imagine the Jr Suites have a better view. Thanks for the info!
I went in the Jr Suite. It's nice ( one is situataed on the 4 floor ) quite large. The view is the same to the normal suite.
For your status... try to ask to SPG or enjoy AAA o AARP ( for 28 $ at year ) for have the SPG Plus status. it gives nice advantages.

Good Stay in Bozen
Old Jan 6, 2006, 9:58 am

Arrow 4 Points by Sheraton Bolzano Italy [Master Thread]

Not wishing to start a smutty thread here but I was surprised to find condoms provided (new – not used) as a welcome amenity. One with the bathroom kit and one on the nightstand. I might have expected it in Vegas but this was catholic Italy !.

The hotel itself was very nice – not in the best part of town (an industrial area but certainly not red light), they gave us a junior suite and the pool and health club are topnotch. Made me wonder about the hotel clientele but I didn’t see any one asking for the short stay rate.

Any one else experienced this ?

Andy.
Old Jan 7, 2006, 10:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I was there last month and the only surprise they gave me was a bottle of water and some candy.

I was surprised at how nice the hotel is -- it is actually a Four Points but seems more like a full-fledged Sheraton. You are right, however, about the area. It was so unattractive that my girlfriend and I cut our four day visit to one day and instead went to a small pensione in a more rural part of Alto Adige.
Old Jan 9, 2006, 5:42 am
tyn

Was there a month ago and, like Dovster, my welcome amenity was water and candy. Nor did the bathroom set include condoms

Hotel's out of the way in the Conventions area but not bad and a bus stopping right outside the hotel takes you to the city center in 10-15 minutes. Excellent breakfast.. And you have the Thun outlet on your backdoor ^
Old Jun 4, 2006, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
This is a Cat3 hotel, so I can reserve a room for just 3000 points. Would you folks recommend this hotel as an overnight stop en route from Salzburg to Venice? We will be driving, so transport isn't an issue... is this hotel nice enough? Or should we spend the $ to stay in town at the Park Laurin or the Grieff? What is there to see/do/eat in the Bolzano area (over and above the 5,000 yr old corpse, which sounds like it would be worth a look?)
Old Jun 4, 2006, 2:59 pm

The hotel is fine. Its location is horrible. Bolzano is not really all that interesting IMHO.

I would suggest that you pass on Bolzano completely and stay, instead, in Brunico in the small pensione I mentioned in the linked thread.

There is, however, anothe alternative: Spend a bit more time driving and go to Verona -- that is a city well worth seeing.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by SportsTech
This is a Cat3 hotel, so I can reserve a room for just 3000 points. Would you folks recommend this hotel as an overnight stop en route from Salzburg to Venice? We will be driving, so transport isn't an issue... is this hotel nice enough? Or should we spend the $ to stay in town at the Park Laurin or the Grieff? What is there to see/do/eat in the Bolzano area (over and above the 5,000 yr old corpse, which sounds like it would be worth a look?)
The direct way Salzburg-Venice is NOT via Brenner > Bolzano > Verona

Check this >> http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/viamich...MaHomePage.htm

Next, recently Brenner Autobahn was closed ... strikes. Now St. Gotthard is closed for weeks, that might bring some more traffic to Brenner. Other than this, Bolzano is pretty nice, also the villages, mountains nearby.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by Dovster
There is, however, anothe alternative: Spend a bit more time driving and go to Verona -- that is a city well worth seeing.
Yes, Verona is nice. I stayed there at the 4-star Sol Melia Tryp Verona, they have specials from Euro 25 to 55 a night.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by USAFAN
The direct way Salzburg-Venice is NOT via Brenner > Bolzano > Verona

Check this >> http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/viamich...MaHomePage.htm

Next, recently Brenner Autobahn was closed ... strikes. Now St. Gotthard is closed for weeks, that might bring some more traffic to Brenner. Other than this, Bolzano is pretty nice, also the villages, mountains nearby.
The way shown in the link you provided is shorter, but it means passing up on visiting Innsbruck.

I don't think St. Gotthard traffic is going to head to the Brenner Pass. They are too far apart -- and I can't imagine many people who want to drive down from the German-French border going through Austria.

Instead they will take the scenic alternative to St Gotthard -- which is incredibly beautiful although it involves some very winding mountain roads.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.