Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coop Superpunkte 2:1 into miles&more miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2007, 5:42 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by andyZRH
Well, the new "Prämienkatalog" is out and luckily miles are still available at the regular 2:1 exchange rate. ^
Yes, it's nice to have, but of course it's nowhere near as attractive (from a Rp.(or ct.)/mile standpoint) as the old 1:1 offer. You can still save a fair amount of cash by buying points on Ricardo and eBay vs. buying a C or F ticket, but the savings is often no longer big enough to justify foregoing the miles and status that could be earned for the paid ticket. It's sad to see the 1:1 ratio apparently gone for good.

However, I'm glad the 2:1 awards are still in the catalogue - there's nothing else in that catalogue that is both a) of interest to me and b) attractively priced. It's still going to be a while before I'm back up to 7500 Superpunkte again though, especially since a new Aldi recently opened up in St. Gallen...
Old Mar 8, 2007, 7:17 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Rudi
from a 'usual well informed insider' (at least in the past these informations always proved to be correct) I learn, that the current 1:1 promotion is the very last one for ever. [...]
The 2:1 conversion rate, restarting jan-1-2007 will go on, at least until spring 2007 (when the new Coop Supercardprämienkatalog will be published) and probably/hopefully longer (not decision has been taken on this yet).
Originally Posted by rorschi
May be not a decision, but a press release:

...The Miles & More exchange option is the most popular of the over 600 ways in which Coop customers can spend their Supercard points. SWISS and Coop have now resolved to extend this partnership for a further five years, to 2011.

click HERE for the link
These two quotes seem contradictory to me. Why would they announce their cooperation to be extended until 2011 and than cancel the whole thing after the first promotion?

I can somewhat understand that they didn't like the fact that so many miles ended up on international (mainly German) M&M accounts during the 1:1 promotion. But couldn't they just limit the 1:1 promotion to Swiss M&M account holders, if they are their target was the Swiss market?

What are your opinions, will Coop continue to trade 2:1, or will they even give up completely on M&M miles?

How serious do we have to take the statement from CASH daily that there won't be any 1:1 promotion in the future?

I have currently bunkered a few 10k miles in my Coop account (bought for an average of CHF 0.013/point), should I transfer those into miles at the current rate of 2:1 (or 1.73:1 with Superchance) into miles, ending up with a price of CHF 0.0225/mile or should I keep up my hopes for a future 1:1 promo?

What do you think?
Old Mar 8, 2007, 7:59 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by goliath
These two quotes seem contradictory to me. Why would they announce their cooperation to be extended until 2011 and than cancel the whole thing after the first promotion?

What are your opinions, will Coop continue to trade 2:1, or will they even give up completely on M&M miles?

How serious do we have to take the statement from CASH daily that there won't be any 1:1 promotion in the future?

2:1 will, very probably, go on for years.

1:1 (and my information was NOT from the cash article, but as a former 'Nachrichtenoffizier' I learned to not disclose my sources) will very probably not be repeated (at least that was the internal Coop information early this year 2007, but no one can predict the future in the long run)

... I have currently bunkered a few 10k miles in my Coop account (bought for an average of CHF 0.013/point), should I transfer those into miles at the current rate of 2:1 (or 1.73:1 with Superchance) into miles, ending up with a price of CHF 0.0225/mile or should I keep up my hopes for a future 1:1 promo?
What I would do (but I don't, as I have transfered > 5 Million points into m&m miles during that last promotion - and that promotion was by far not the first one, I did already heavily participate in 1:1 promotions in 2004 and 2005: remember that famous Coop tea promotion 2005 for SFr 2.40 getting > 200 Superpoints = > 200 m&m miles then?):

* keep the Coop Superpoints until you really need them as miles: Coop won't stop the 2:1 convertion in the near future (and if ever will very probably say so with reasonable advance warning). Coop Superpoints don't expire.

* the current prices at Ricardo and ebay (between 1,3 - 1,4 Rp/point = 2,6 - 2,8 Rp/mile) are high, they in part still reflect the prices that were paid during the 1:1 promotion (then the prices were 1,6 - 1,85 Rp/point = per mile).
* I expect these prices to come down in summer 2007 to a level like they did in previous years: 1,1 - 1,25 Rp/point).
* If you transfer points, do this in increments of 7'500 points = 3'750 miles (not with 10'000 points = 5'000 miles). Buy, just before the transfer, on Ricardo 1'000 rebate points (they are offering 5 * 200 rebate points for a total price of SFr 3 - 6 currently, and per transfer action you can use a total of 5 * 200 rebate points, bringing the 'costs' for 3'750 miles down to 6'500 Coop Superpoints.

I did already advice for such 'rebate-transfers' in several earlier postings above.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 8:27 am

Thanks for your advice, Rudi ^

I know about the Superchance option to get 3750 miles for 6500 points and never transferred points any other way - except when they stopped the game later during the last 1:1 promo. But I don't buy the bonus codes on Ricardo, as you can get 5 of them in 2 days with only two cards, or much easier if you have 3 cards at hand - I have mine, my girlfriend's and my cat's (sic!), so no problem there.

Last edited by goliath; Mar 8, 2007 at 8:49 am Reason: spelling
Old Mar 8, 2007, 8:45 am
Original Member
Original Poster

... only two cards, or much easier if you have 3 cards at hand - I have mine, my girlfriend's and my cat's (sic!), so no problem there...
I only have a total of 12 ...

Uitikon address: Gisela, Rudi, Maria + Ramun, Susanna + Marc
Wengen address: Gisela, Rudi, Maria + Ramun, Susanna + Marc

and for the Coop membership (Zeitung etc) 2 household-addresses: Uitikon (Coop ZH) + Wengen (Coop BE/AG), not for getting the weekly paper twice, but for getting the 5x etc vouchers twice and monthly I change the Wengen address to Uitikon (and vice-versa) and get the 'Coop moving-bonus-rebates' and the Supepoint * 5 vouchers twice/month ...).
Old Mar 8, 2007, 8:50 am

Programs: LX/M&M, UA, AA, AF/KL, SPG Gold
These two quotes seem contradictory to me.
They are not as contradictory as they seem, because rorschi's post refers to a press release from last October when the last 1:1 promo had just started, while rudi's statement is from the end of December, when the promotion was almost over.

What do you think?
Personally, I have strong doubts that we will see another 1:1 promotion soon (if ever). On the other hand, I think that the 2:1 offer will be around for the next few years, now that it is included in the new "Prämienkatalog" again. (And I'm pretty sure that M&M/LX/LH has some contractual obligation in this regard.)

Personally I would now wait until early 2008 and see what happens. If there is no 1:1 promotion by the end of this year, I would probably start converting the points, using as many Superchance rebate points as possible.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 8:50 am

Rudi: Not bad, you really DO know how to play the game!
Old Mar 13, 2007, 6:55 am
Original Member
Original Poster

promotion 100% Superpunkte = 67% miles

starting march-13-2007
ending march-31-2007
art.#809'598: 7'500 Superpoints = 5'000 m&m miles
art.#809'599: 10'000 Superpoints = 6'666 m&m miles

Last edited by Rudi; Mar 13, 2007 at 7:56 am
Old Mar 13, 2007, 7:26 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Interesting. This looks like a field test for possible new / "enhanced" promotions...
Old Mar 13, 2007, 7:44 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
starting march-13-2007
ending march-31-2007
art.#809'599: 10'000 Superpoints = 7'500 m&m miles
Note: the two ratios are different. The first one is 1.5:1, the second one 1.33:1.

SmilingBoy.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 7:57 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
Note: the two ratios are different. The first one is 1.5:1, the second one 1.33:1.

SmilingBoy.
sorry and thank you.

I had to correct the second one is 'only' 10'000 = 6'666. Mea culpa!
Old Mar 13, 2007, 10:49 am

Great, I'm glad I waited with converting until now.

That's not bad, a ratio of only 1:1.3 if you include the SuperChance bonus. ^

Makes you wonder why they started this promo if only two months ago they said there won't be a 1:1 promo ever again...

Did they do such short-term promos before? I only remember the 1:1 promos, but it's the first time I see one like this.
Old Mar 31, 2007, 10:55 am
Original Member
Original Poster

promotion 100% Superpunkte = 67% miles, ENDS tonight

officially this promotion ends tonight (Saturday march-31-2007).

In the past, it was still possible to profit from the promotion rules for approx another 10 days (reason: mailed in transfer requests are valid, as long the postage stamp shows march-31 and to allow to proceed internally such requests, the promotion article numbers, while not showing online anymore, were still accepted when typing them in ...).

the promotion article numbers are:

Old Apr 2, 2007, 8:42 am
Original Member
Original Poster

... In the past, it was still possible to profit from the promotion rules for approx another 10 days (reason: mailed in transfer requests are valid, as long the postage stamp shows march-31 and to allow to proceed internally such requests, the promotion article numbers, while not showing online anymore, were still accepted when typing them in ...).

the promotion article numbers are:

right now (Monday 16:44) it still works ...
Old Apr 4, 2007, 1:39 pm

bank coop have the double points for deposits offer again:

http://www.bankcoop.ch/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.