Wiki Posts
Search

Ride Report- 2006 Dodge Charger R/T

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2006, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Ride Report- 2006 Dodge Charger R/T

I arrived in SFO on an early morning flight and noticed my name on the #1 Club Gold board at the Hertz pickup level.

After deciding I wanted something different than the Toyota Camry with NeverLost waiting in my stall, I decided to spend a little extra and was presented with a 2006 Dodge Charger R/T with 6 miles on the odometer.

How I got it: $10/day upgrade from class F
Vehicle Class: H (according to keychain)

Dodge Charger page: http://www.dodge.com/charger/home_static.html

5.7-liter HEMI V8 engine with MDS
340 horsepower, 390 lb-ft of torque
Five-speed AutoStick transmission
18-inch ultra-bright aluminum wheels

Power:
Due to the Hemi engine, power was very strong, especially off the line. The throttle response was excellent and you sort of needed a steady foot when driving in city traffic with all that torque.

Ride/Handling:
The ride was very comfortable and the first thing I noticed when I started leaving the Hertz lot was how quiet it was. The noise picked up under hard acceleration, but it was a pleasant sound. I think the car's size will hurt if you needed to do some emergency maneuvers, though. The brakes are strong.

Interior:
The Charger was equipped with Sirius satellite radio, but I didn't get to test it out. I've been recently taking my own Sirius receiver and antenna with me, so it hasn't really mattered if the vehicles I rent have it or not. The interior had a lot of plastic, but it was soft to the touch and the audio cluster looked very minimalist. I liked the cool blue color of the dash when the headlights were turned on.

Overall:

I really liked driving this car around. I can say that it will become my second favorite rental next to the Infiniti G35. I've heard good things about the Audi A6, but have been unable to secure one.

Everyone that saw the car on when I was parking it commented on how nice it looked. I also enjoyed showing the Hertz return agents the car upon my return, much like when we checked out one of the new model Mustangs when they just came out. However, I never got the chance to say those favorite words to anyone- "Yeah, it's got a Hemi!"
Old Feb 14, 2006, 1:48 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Okay, I need to call Hertz and add "Hemis only" to my profile.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 10:11 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by paullevi
Okay, I need to call Hertz and add "Hemis only" to my profile.

Same here! Didn't know these were in the fleet -- interesting find... ^
Old Feb 15, 2006, 10:22 am

Had one about 3 weeks ago at DCA, loved driving it as well. Good review.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 3:48 pm

Programs: AC SE
Have it out now. Drove a little in it.

Lots of power but the trunk seems small for a car of its size.

Also I find the unique 'styling' of the rear windows just makes for a big blind spot. I'd rather have have the ford 500.

Has sat radio, but it is not activated. Should it be?
Old Feb 15, 2006, 5:30 pm

Our county police department has a few of these hemi one's as undercover's havent been IN one yet
Old Feb 15, 2006, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by prashok

Same here! Didn't know these were in the fleet -- interesting find... ^

co-sign!!!!! ^ I'm adding this to my profile

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.