Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyBonus Incentive Program for Small Businesses

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyBonus Incentive Program for Small Businesses

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2001, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
New "Sky Bonus" Incentive Program for Small Businesses

If you own or work for a business that purchases less than $500,000 in DL tickets per year, you may be interested in a new corporate incentive program called Sky Bonus. It is analogous to FF programs except it rewards the company with free tickets, upgrades, etc.

Rewards are based on accumulation of points that are based on $$ spent, not miles flown. 1 point awarded for every $20 spent (except tickets originating in SLC or ATL, where it is 1 point per $50). Since it takes 500 points for a free domestic coach ticket, except for SLC and ATL, you get a free domestic coach ticket for every $10,000 spent.

There are also international free ticket awards, both domestic and intl upgrade awards, Crown Room memberships, drink coupons, etc. Delta SkyMiles members can continue to earn FF miles at the same time the company is earning points.

For more information, see
http://www.delta-skybonus.com

[This message has been edited by JerryFF (edited 12-06-2001).]
Old Dec 6, 2001, 6:29 am

I just came over to DL. I am a Exec Plum on AA, and Delta matched me to Gold here. I did see the SkyBonus program and regualrly purchase full fare tickets so I signed my company up. This should be interesting.

Ray
Old Dec 6, 2001, 7:04 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Have used MYOB and it is a good site. Mileage posts very quickly and prices oft times are lower then on Delta.com.
Old Dec 19, 2001, 9:54 am
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
SkyBonus 150 point signup-bonus

Just got an e-mail if you sign up for SkyBonus Small Business Travel Program before March 31, 2002, you get 150 bonus points.
Old Dec 19, 2001, 10:14 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
If you are from Europe, it's even better - 300 points...
Old Dec 19, 2001, 10:21 am
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
Gosh darn it, I thought about changing the address back to Europe a few months ago. I just fly so little now on DL I never got around to it. If I decide it is worth using vs. getting the 1000 mile bonus, or if you still get the 1000 mile bonus, I will call a DL sales rep and have an account review and maybe I can get the other 150 points.

Thanks for the heads up!
Old Dec 19, 2001, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Anyone with experience with this program? What's the good and bad?
Old Dec 19, 2001, 1:31 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Good is that it is an additional benefit for free. Bad is that only higher fare international tix qualify for people here from Europe, and that it takes quite some time to get an award if your business is rather small.
Old Jan 5, 2002, 9:56 am

Delta SkyBonus Program for small companies.
Booking via myobtravel.

Register now and your company's Travel Planner can earn up to 5,000 bonus miles in the Delta SkyMiles Program for your first purchase.
http://www.myobtravel.com/

Old Sep 25, 2002, 7:29 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
SkyBonus

I searched the old threads, but couldn't find much info...does anyone know much about SkyBonus? (or other airlines' corporate rewards programs) I've checked out all the websites, but insider knowledge would be great!
Old Sep 26, 2002, 4:59 am

I think this program is mainly for small to medium size businesses, but you can check out the details at the SkyBonus web site...
Old Oct 25, 2002, 9:55 am

Programs: Marriott Plat; National Emerald Exec Elite
Did you ever find out more than what is at the website? I'm interested. My company is large, and yet not qualified for corporate rates because of how we buy travel. I'm wondering about signing up my team. There are about 20 of us, all doing 50-100K/year.
Old Oct 25, 2002, 10:55 am

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
My wife's small business sign up with SkyBonus recently, and has mixed review so far:

- Points seem to post as advertised, with U and Ts not eligible for points, although Ls are OK
- Processing is very slow, takes over 4 weeks for points to be actually processed.
- Website is extremely slow, at times appear to have hang
- Penalty for ATL or SLC based travel, since you only get 40% of the points
- Strange reward valuations: for example, Hawaii and TransAtlantic is 1000 points, while TransPacific is 750. Business class awards are even more strange, seems to be haphazard award pricing.

So far, she is happy in the sense that the points are above and beyond the Skymiles that individuals earn on the tickets.

[This message has been edited by Jet2K (edited 10-25-2002).]
Old Oct 25, 2002, 11:58 am
JRD

Ours is a small company and we signed up for SkyBonus. We have run into all limitations/problems in previous post. But the way I see it is: What have you got to loose? We have one admin who enters the ticket number on their website spends 20 minutes a month. No other costs/overheads involved.

Old Oct 25, 2002, 1:00 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
It generally works, but is very slow to post credits as noted. And if a flight doesn't post, just forget about it . . . I've never had an e-mail answered regarding a SkyBonus question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.