How to pass 4 + Hours in ORD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2006, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold,QF Plat, BMI*G, UA 1K,Emirates Skywards Gold, SPG Gold, PC Gold

I am travelling from LHR to ORF via ORD this Friday, Due to a poor connection I find myself with 6 hours to kill between flights, Assuming 2hr to clear immigration on arrival and clear security for onward flight later in the day any recommendations on how best to spend 4 hours free time in ORD.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 7:04 am

Programs: WWMFD
Stand behind three people in line @ the C Concourse RCC.

That will kill a quick 3.5 hrs.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would just pass out at the C Concourse RCC...
Old Feb 21, 2006, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/i...tyhocn=CHIOHHH
Old Feb 21, 2006, 7:30 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Hopefully clearing immagration and security wont take you 2hrs, or it shouldnt
Theres quite a few food places in ORD, incl Chilis, Chicago Hot Dogs, bars, etc. There are quite a few shops too.
You could go to the B concourse RCC, the one near B7. The b18 one is small and usually busy.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jason8612
Hopefully clearing immagration and security wont take you 2hrs, or it shouldnt
Theres quite a few food places in ORD, incl Chilis, Chicago Hot Dogs, bars, etc. There are quite a few shops too.
You could go to the B concourse RCC, the one near B7. The b18 one is small and usually busy.
....or walk the tunnel 237 times.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 8:11 am

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
I'd get the subway train into downtown. It takes about an hour on the Blue line from the station underneath the terminals to downtown. Then you have two hours downtown to walk around, have lunch, etc before you have to get the train back. I suppose if you have lots of carry-on luggage then it won't work, but if your bags are checked then I think you have enough time to head into the city.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 8:13 am

Check out this link about things to do at ORD...
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:01 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Starwood Platinum
The Hilton will let you use their workout facilities for around $10, even if you don't check in. It's connected to the airport and pretty convenient.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 6:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
I haven't been in a while, but wasn't there a Wolfgang Puck's Cafe in ORD? I loved that place.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 7:32 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Since not a UA-specific question or situation (and for the sake of future searches), moving to the Chicago forum

cblaisd
Moderator, United
Old Feb 24, 2006, 9:57 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I've gone to the hotel lobby for some quiet (and a couch) in the past. Don't they have massage available there, or is that from years past?
Old Feb 24, 2006, 2:47 pm

Programs: AGR WOH
It will likely not take that long to clear customs or security -- in my experience, the lines are pretty reasonable.

I'd head into the city, although you can save at least 1/2 hour in travel time by stopping short of downtown -- the area around the Damen stop (where I live) has many new shops which are honestly too nice for me, plus many places for much better quick food than is available inside ORD.

(The one eatery I'd recommend inside ORD is the Berghoff Caf at C-26, especially since its downtown equivalent is closing soon.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.