Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are You a Window or an Aisle Person?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: NW, UA, Thai Royal Orchid Plus
Wink Are You a Window or an Aisle Person?

I prefer to have a window seat and wondering what you guys like better - a window or an aisle?

If I take a business window seat on 747/777 and my neighbor adjusts the seat to its maximum flat level, will I still have some space to walk out or I need to jump scross his/her legs??

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
May
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by IamMayTH
I prefer to have a window seat and wondering what you guys like better - a window or an aisle?

If I take a business window seat on 747/777 and my neighbor adjusts the seat to its maximum flat level, will I still have some space to walk out or I need to jump scross his/her legs??

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
May

This may be selfish, but I would rather wake someone else up to get out, than have someone wake me up. Window anyday.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If the person in front of your seating partner is fully reclined, you will have a very hard time getting out without your seating partner getting up.

As for me, window anyday.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:20 am

Aisle, with the exception of redeyes. Then I take the window. You see, I am a much better predictor of my bladder habits than I am of others. I don't sleep on any flights, except redeyes. When I am asleep, I prefer not to be awoken.

One thing I am sure of which we all agree - NO MIDDLE SEATS ... EVER!!!!
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:22 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Starwood Platinum
In economy, an aisle unless the flight is early in the morning. In any other cabin, I'm just happy the upgrade cleared.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To add to what I said earlier, here is a picture of the upper deck, and as you can see, the person in front of me is almost in my face.

I believe that deckman is somewhere on the upper deck here.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:24 am

Programs: UAL 1KMM,Hilton Diamond
In economy, window. I often sleep on flights and I need the wall to lean against.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:27 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hertz Plat
Originally Posted by martian
This may be selfish, but I would rather wake someone else up to get out, than have someone wake me up. Window anyday.
Yeah, window for the same reason, especially on the filghts where I know I will want to get some shuteye.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold, IC AMB, AXP
Aisle - less claustrophobic.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:28 am

Programs: UA 1K in training
Window for flights of 2 hours or less (roughly)
Aisle for longer flights (I try to stay well hydrated )

I'd really prefer a seat that's both window & aisle, but I can't really afford to be flying int'l F, unfortunately.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hockeyguy
Window for flights of 2 hours or less (roughly)
Aisle for longer flights (I try to stay well hydrated )

I'd really prefer a seat that's both window & aisle, but I can't really afford to be flying int'l F, unfortunately.
Or you could fly aboard the wonderful EMB120 or ERJ.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:34 am

Programs: UA 1K in training
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Or you could fly aboard the wonderful EMB120 or ERJ.
Yeah, I can afford that, but I haven't been on en ExPlus route yet. I've managed to stay on mainline planes recently except for the the short hop from IAD-CHO, which would probably be a taxicab with wings if they could figure out how to rig it up. I can't complain too much, though -- the extra flight allows me to avoid all the hassles at Dulles (except for the G gates -- ) and go through the 30-40 second security lines at CHO. Plus I get an extra 500 EQM!
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:38 am

Programs: LX/M&M, UA, AA, AF/KL, SPG Gold
Always window, with one exception: If I have a tight connection and need to get off the plane as quickly as possible, I prefer aisle.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:38 am

Programs: UA Global Services, Bonvoy LT Titanium, National EE
Flights > 3 hours : Aisle
Flights < 3 hours : Window

UNLESS, I'm traveling with family or friends, and then Window all the time...
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:01 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
I prefer an ailse every time. Less claustrophobic, closer to F/A for food/beverage service, easier to stand and get something from overhead. And I dont mind getting up to allow seatmates to pass by....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.