Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

nwa.com change - airport name/code completion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2006, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*

Another nwa.com change, over the last few days. Under IE, the airport code field (when looking up fares) creates a drop-down after typing two characters. Includes all airports by name or code.

Steve B.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 6:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Does this work for anyone under Firefox?
Old Feb 27, 2006, 7:14 am

Programs: NW Plat, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by murphy
Yes, Firefox 1.5.0.1 here and it works.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by murphy
Please note, this does NOT appear to work for airport codes, only airport names. Airport codes are displayed, but aren't part of the "search functionality".

IE and Firefox DO appear to display the same characteristics:

No functionality under main page.

Works under "Modify Your Search" or "More Search Options".

Under "Modify Your Search", but NOT "More Search Options", if you tab out of an empty from/to field, it will fill in "Where From?" and "Where To?".

An incremental change, but still, a nice feature, if you quickly want to know if they fly to a city. I'll give it an 8-of-10 (some minor tweaks would be nice).

Steve B.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 9:05 am

Um, is this actually a change at nwa.com, or do you just have the "autocomplete" function in your web browser turned on?
Old Feb 27, 2006, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by themicah
Um, is this actually a change at nwa.com, or do you just have the "autocomplete" function in your web browser turned on?
Um, don't believe so. Go try it. A drop-down appears after typing the first two characters, including the full name and airport code, that you can scroll through, the current selection is highlighted in yellow. Auto-complete would only include what's been entered in that field previously (correct?), which could be the aiport codes. But I know I haven't typed the complete airport names and codes for every airport Northwest flies to.

Steve B.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Question Off Topic Question!!!!

Originally Posted by CmdrThor
Yes, Firefox 1.5.0.1 here and it works.
Has anyone found a spell check extension for 1.5.0.1 yet?????

It is driving me nuts, I cannot spell or type
Old Feb 27, 2006, 9:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
It's new. It's not on the front page, though. You need to go to "More Search Options". It's a pretty poor implementation, though. The box doesn't even autosuggest the text. Google's version is much better.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 9:27 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
This looks a bit like a poorly done version of what's been in use on the www.klm.com homepage for a while.

It annoys me there too, since I prefer just to use the relevant airport codes. But for the once-a-year flyer, this probably isn't that bad.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 9:32 am

The Google Toolbar has a spellchecker.

Originally Posted by mikey1003
Has anyone found a spell check extension for 1.5.0.1 yet?????

It is driving me nuts, I cannot spell or type
Old Feb 27, 2006, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
The Google Toolbar has a spellchecker.

For firefox???
Old Feb 27, 2006, 9:51 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
So far, it's not working for me--twice I've started typing stuff, like "SIN", and hit return, like always--but since the first 3 letters of the city are also SIN, a default list shows up--and the first default airport that comes up under Singapore is Seletar Airport, which is a seldom-used small-plane airport in SIN.
"No flights available" on NW or Skyteam partners to Seletar. Duh.
I hope they can improve it so at least the NW- or Skyteam-served airports come up first.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is very annoying if you're used to putting in the airport codes. I pretty much hate it.

And does anyone else think the timeout period at nwa.com is too short? I'm constantly having to re-login when I'm doing complicated searches if I try to do other things at the same time.

Last edited by PaulMSN; Feb 27, 2006 at 10:33 am
Old Feb 27, 2006, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alex0683de
It annoys me there too, since I prefer just to use the relevant airport codes. But for the once-a-year flyer, this probably isn't that bad.
You can still type the airport code.

Originally Posted by kyushuman
So far, it's not working for me--twice I've started typing stuff, like "SIN", and hit return, like always--but since the first 3 letters of the city are also SIN, a default list shows up--and the first default airport that comes up under Singapore is Seletar Airport, which is a seldom-used small-plane airport in SIN.
"No flights available" on NW or Skyteam partners to Seletar. Duh.
I hope they can improve it so at least the NW- or Skyteam-served airports come up first.
Put in SIN-{tab} rather then SIN-{enter}.

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
This is very annoying if you're used to putting in the airport codes. I pretty much hate it.
Only issue appears to be if the airport code is the first three letters of a city name (such as SIN example above). Again... if using airport codes, use tab rather then enter. Guess I'm lucky, with DTW.

Steve B.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 10:31 am

Programs: NW Plat
Cool!

I always thought NWA.com was one of the best thought out airline websites. Great to see they are constantly improving it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.