Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2008, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Robbiedeluxe
People! I need about 4400 basic points before December 31 2008 in order to requalify. I'd like to spend the absolute minimum amount of money and time obtaining these points... Anyone?
The very same question (xOSL) was answered with a big KF in another thread recently (given the offer of 100% points even in the discounted booking classes is still around?). Two roundtrips in U or something to Hell will then do the trick for very little money.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 10:35 am

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
Slightly OT, but US Airways is starting a daily PHL-OSL in May 2009

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/081022/20081022005201.html?.v=1

Maybe we'll see the possibility of some cheap milage runs?
Old Oct 22, 2008, 2:38 pm

Great news, another US longhaul destination at OSL. Where is SAS?!
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:36 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

I think this new deserves an own thread. I can't move Someone's post so I will start one myself
Old Oct 26, 2008, 4:43 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Has anyone ever used a car test drive as a substitute for a car rental?

Apparently, some Mercedes car dealerships in Scandinavia -- at least some in Sweden -- are allowing for a weekend/overnight (or even 2 night) "borrowing" of the car over the weekend for test driving with few restrictions. They apparently may require a local driver's license and the test driver is liable for up to say something near $900 in damage in case something happens.

There may be advertisements about this in some of the national business newspapers.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 6:09 am

Programs: EBG (*G), QR Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Has anyone ever used a car test drive as a substitute for a car rental?

Apparently, some Mercedes car dealerships in Scandinavia -- at least some in Sweden -- are allowing for a weekend/overnight (or even 2 night) "borrowing" of the car over the weekend for test driving with few restrictions. They apparently may require a local driver's license and the test driver is liable for up to say something near $900 in damage in case something happens.

There may be advertisements about this in some of the national business newspapers.
Have not seen the ads but sounds like it might be fun to try. My car is in the shop right now as low life decided to break in last weekend. I wonder if they will let me take an AMG model for the weekend.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 11:23 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by kjsaw
Have not seen the ads but sounds like it might be fun to try. My car is in the shop right now as low life decided to break in last weekend. I wonder if they will let me take an AMG model for the weekend.
The Mercedes dealership closest to Morby Centrum / Danderyd Church has this offer. It was advertised in Dagens Industri. There's an Audi dealership next to it too. I don't know which Mercedes vehicles are covered and not covered by the offer but the E and C class vehicles have been easy to get. The biggest issue for over weekends is their limited hours of operation since you either need to get the vehicle back by 3 p.m. next day or deal with the congestion charge issue to get it back by something like 9 a.m. or 11 a.m. on Monday.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 11:39 am

Sitting in the Scandinavian lounge at ARN. Near the entrance, with a white macbook. Join me for a beer!

I'll be here till around 20:00
Old Oct 30, 2008, 6:33 am

Mrs. HelsinkiFlyer and I both received an targeted offer by email to earn 2000 extra points by flying any SAS or Blue1 flight between 01/11 - 30/1, 2009. No registarion need or anything. It says it´s a personal offer. Maybe it´s because we are both dropping to EBB after being EBS for sevaral years and even EBG for a while after the ex-OSL China deals?

They also have the 100% points on all Blue1 flights going on. Lufthansa is also offering double award miles for the first 5 flights I take during the next few months. Maybe the economic crisis is starting to seriously affect the carriers? If true, it´s good news for us leisure flyers, as we´ve been hit hard with the 25% earning and buy your own coffees nonsense.

Just returned from CDG and the terminal 1 sattelite 7, where SAS has it´s lounge is terrible. I haven´t flown from it in several years and didn´t remember how bad it was. No restrooms after security, only one overpriced cafe. Finnair from now on to CDG for me.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 8:24 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer
Mrs. HelsinkiFlyer and I both received an targeted offer by email to earn 2000 extra points by flying any SAS or Blue1 flight between 01/11 - 30/1, 2009. No registarion need or anything. It says it´s a personal offer. Maybe it´s because we are both dropping to EBB after being EBS for sevaral years and even EBG for a while after the ex-OSL China deals?
I got the same thing and I'm EBS.

Lufthansa is also offering double award miles for the first 5 flights I take during the next few months.
Also a e-mail offer? I'm not a member of any other *A carrier but is thinking about joining one before my planned CRTWSTAR next year. Maybe LH is the way to go although I know BD has a far lower threshold?
Old Oct 30, 2008, 3:09 pm

Mrs. HelsinkiFlyer and I both received an targeted offer by email to earn 2000 extra points by flying any SAS or Blue1 flight between 01/11 - 30/1, 2009. No registarion need or anything. It says it´s a personal offer.
Mine was 9000 extra points for taking any 9 european segments in Y or C. Same date span. Personalized offer. Also the double points in Y and C for long haul or 1500 extra points in M is running untill 31/1 2009. And the double points in all classes to Delhi is running untill 31/1 2009 too.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 3:49 pm

received this personal offer today;

"Fly at least 2 times in Economy Extra or Business before February 28, 2009 and earn 8,000 Extra EuroBonus points on SAS, Widerøe and Blue1 flights valid for point accrual." Better half got the same.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 12:46 pm

Have read the other thread and it seems my offer was the worst. 9000 points for a minimum of 9 flights in Y or C, Scandinavia excluded. Thank you very much SAS, I´m happy you appreciate my business.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 1:16 am

Programs: *S(SK EBS), Marriott Platinum Elite
I havent even recieved any offer
Old Nov 6, 2008, 11:08 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Do you remember the old times?

Well SAS does. I received my downgraded EBB card in the mail with a letter from their marketing director saying that if I get 25000 points more flying for example their partner Air Botnia I'll get EBS again...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.