Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to MM qualification and benefits?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2006, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP - US CP
Changes to MM qualification and benefits?

I reached 1MM at the end of December and after patiently waiting almost two months I called the EXP line to ask where my MM kit was. The agent told me that I had only just made 1MM since they were now counting flown miles only. The 8 upgrades posted this week, but when I called to swap them for 4 eVIPs I was told that there is no longer any way to do that. Is it just me, or is this new AA policy?
Old Mar 8, 2006, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by EyeFlyDoc
Is it just me, or is this new AA policy?
It's not just you, nor is it new policy. It's been this way for quite a while now.

As for the fact that they claim they're counting flight miles only - that's a new one on me.

Mike
Old Mar 8, 2006, 10:31 pm
Suspended

...The agent told me that I had only just made 1MM since they were now counting flown miles only.
This shouldn't cause any panic here or anything like that.
Old Mar 8, 2006, 10:32 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The 1MMers who got 4 VIPs were those 1MMers whose accounts were resident overseas when the 1 million mile threshold was crossed/recognized; 1MMers whose accounts are resident in the US have been getting 8 500-mile sticker upgrades. This is not new and has been the case for at least 5 years, if not more.
Old Mar 8, 2006, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
The agent told me that I had only just made 1MM since they were now counting flown miles only.
This is not correct of course.
Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
Originally Posted by GUWonder
1MMers whose accounts are resident in the US have been getting 8 500-mile sticker upgrades. This is not new and has been the case for at least 5 years, if not more.
Some were allowed to swap them less than five years ago; but yes that ended a while ago to.
Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:50 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by wanaflyforless
Some were allowed to swap them less than five years ago; but yes that ended a while ago to.
I wasn't commenting about attempting to swap already deposited upgrades. (I never had to go down that route. )

I was commenting that it's been the case -- for at least 5 years -- that 1MMers were automatically credited with 4 VIPs if the account was resident overseas or 1MMers were credited with 8 500-mile sticker upgrades if the account was resident in the US. That's been the case for at least 5 years.

There is still the "residence swap" option (i.e., move the AAdvantage account residence overseas prior to 1MM qualification) to get the 4 VIPs. [That hasn't ended yet.]

Last edited by GUWonder; Mar 9, 2006 at 12:02 am
Old Mar 9, 2006, 5:37 am

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Originally Posted by JonNYC
This shouldn't cause any panic here or anything like that.
I think your intuition that it will eventually change to BIS has us all a little nervious each year.

I passed 2MM on Jan24th and up until 4 days ago it still was not reflected in AAs systems. I called AS 3 times already and today was my 4th. They are closed right now but EXP desk told me my account does now reflect 2MM - so there is no policy change yet.

They said they are behind due to year end close and going through all the exceptions that are being requested.

The additional 4 VIPs still aren't in my account yet but at least its showing 2MM on my profile. Can't wait for the letter with LifeTime Platinum.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP - US CP
Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
The additional 4 VIPs still aren't in my account yet but at least its showing 2MM on my profile. Can't wait for the letter with LifeTime Platinum.
The "flown miles only" did seem a bit odd to me as I don't think I've flown 1 MM, having only fairly recently come over from DL. Not sure where MM status is shown. I still see only EXP in the View My Miles window. Am I missing it?
Old Mar 9, 2006, 8:43 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by GUWonder
There is still the "residence swap" option (i.e., move the AAdvantage account residence overseas prior to 1MM qualification) to get the 4 VIPs. [That hasn't ended yet.]
Which is still fraudulent behaviour IMO and I still hope people who attempt this are penalised by AA.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 9:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
I think your intuition that it will eventually change to BIS has us all a little nervious each year.
Understood-- and I'll take that as a complement. Thing is, it was/is more than an intuition-- it was told to me by a person that has proven to be reliable again and again, on issues that effect us all. I have no idea where/why this EP agent got this from-- or if they were just imposing their wishes over reality-- but until I hear something I'm happy to assume they were-- at most-- just parroting the same rumor, which, as you point out, has been out there for 2 years.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 9:20 am

Programs: AA PLT, AA 1MM, Hilton Diamond,Marriott Gold
Deleted in deference to JohnNYC

Last edited by bmegac; Mar 9, 2006 at 9:44 am Reason: Deleted in deference to JohnNYC
Old Mar 9, 2006, 9:32 am
Suspended

Thanks, bmegac-- it's for the best.

Last edited by JonNYC; Mar 9, 2006 at 9:56 am
Old Mar 9, 2006, 9:42 am

Programs: dont matter anymore...
loose lips lose vips...
Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:10 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
I thought it was "delete it quicker, or you just get sticker"

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.