Another Million Miles.......Ho Hum!

Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum (Former EXP, CK) 6MM, Marriott - Lifetime Titanium Elite
Another Million Miles.......Ho Hum!

So I just went past 4MM in January and unfortunately these thresholds seem to be coming faster and faster these days! I see that I actually had over 100K miles added in January with about 35K actual miles flown....so the thresholds just keep adding up.......another Million miles.....new Bag tags.....4 more eVIP's....etc, etc...Ho Hum!!!

My question is does everyone get the same note from AA or does it change after say 5MM or 10MM???

Dear paul5E,
Congratulations on reaching the next Million Miler level!

As the millions of miles add up, there are fewer members who earn this special designation. In just a few weeks you'll receive a new elite membership card that acknowledges your multi-Million Miler status - plus some other gifts we think you'll enjoy.

We are gratified by your dedication and confidence in us. Thanks for your commitment to American Airlines and the AAdvantage program.

Yours truly,

Kurt Stache
President
AAdvantage Marketing Programs
Old Mar 9, 2006, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
congratulations!in ten days I'll be over 100 k miles :-( (in 10 months though! and as a student!).I see the 1st million somewhere by the end of 2008!hopefully!
Old Mar 9, 2006, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA GLD, soon-to-be PLT in 2 weeks!
Congrats! ^ ^ ^

Is there an estimated for the next million?
Old Mar 9, 2006, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum (Former EXP, CK) 6MM, Marriott - Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by 777-DCA
Congrats! ^ ^ ^

Is there an estimated for the next million?
Could be as soon as this year as I will already requalify EXP in early april....so based on mileage promotions and if my travel schedule stays up there It could be December....but most likely about a year from now!

Cheers!
Old Mar 9, 2006, 12:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (PLT :(, 2MM), HHonors (Silver), Hertz (5 Star), Marriott (Silver)
Originally Posted by paul5E
Could be as soon as this year as I will already requalify EXP in early april....so based on mileage promotions and if my travel schedule stays up there It could be December....but most likely about a year from now!

Cheers!
I would be a single man if I travelled that much!!!! comfortably making platinum is too much for my wife ...
Old Mar 9, 2006, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by erenner
I would be a single man if I travelled that much!!!! comfortably making platinum is too much for my wife ...
its not the flying she objects to its the length of time you are gone if you are a hilton diamond member you sleep away from home too much for her

tip: take more trips but be gone less nights
Old Mar 9, 2006, 1:10 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by azmmza

Exactly...and do it with one's partner/so/spouse. We leave tonight for London, and return on Monday- more trips, fewer nights .

Cheers.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 2:17 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (PLT :(, 2MM), HHonors (Silver), Hertz (5 Star), Marriott (Silver)
Originally Posted by azmmza
its not the flying she objects to its the length of time you are gone if you are a hilton diamond member you sleep away from home too much for her

Sounds like a great idea - however wife works, and I am a consultant on a long term project that has as part of the contract that I will spend 1/2 of my time on-site (for 2 yrs already) ....

we try to take as many trips together as possible and i even fly back for weekends (late Friday afternoon fly back and return Sunday).
Old Mar 9, 2006, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Congrats, Paul. Treat yourself to a massage...all that BIS time means you've earned it.

Now, if you have more eVIPs than you can use, feel free to PM me!
Old Mar 9, 2006, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by paul5E

Cheers!

If you really want to make it this year you can do the DAL promotion to get 60K miles.

Good luck!
Old Mar 9, 2006, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz Presidents Club
We are talking of 1MM not a paltry 100K, so no point in doing the DAL-AUS 60K run.
Cheers,
GRR_Flier
Old Mar 9, 2006, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
everything helps!flowers,idines...
Old Mar 9, 2006, 5:29 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by GRR_Flier
We are talking of 1MM not a paltry 100K, so no point in doing the DAL-AUS 60K run.
Cheers,
GRR_Flier
6-7.5% of the way there is not a bad deal; and whenever AA starts with only counting EQMs, then missing out on the 6-7.5% is going to be, well, missed -- even by some EXPs on their way to the next MM.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 5:56 pm

Cheers,
GRR_Flier
Are you kidding me? I am trying to remain nice. Wow.

You don't think that 60K miles will help the OP reach the next million faster?
Old Mar 9, 2006, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Cheers,
GRR_Flier
This might explain why you're not a EXP/1MM yet...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.