Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Bangalore, India [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien Bangalore, India [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2006, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Arrow Le Meridien Bangalore, India [Master Thread]

Any reviews of the Le Meridien Bangalore? I've been there a couple of times to Insomnia and F Bar but never actually stayed there. How does it compare with the ITC Windsor Sheraton and The Park Bangalore? Those are the other two options I have for a two-night stay in May, although the Sheraton is about $40 more per night for an Exec Club room instead of Deluxe at the other two hotels. I have SPG Gold, if it makes a difference.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 5:16 am

I am currently in the Windsor Sheraton while my colleague is in the Le Meridian. We both normally stay at the Sheraton, but both hotels are full this week so we had to take a room in each.

My colleague says that the Le Meridian is not a bad hotel. Her only complaint was about the lack of a Chinese restaurant.

From my experience at the Sheraton, it all depends whether you get the "hotel" part or "towers" part. One is very very nice, while the other is just like any other hotel.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Savage25
Any reviews of the Le Meridien Bangalore? I've been there a couple of times to Insomnia and F Bar but never actually stayed there. How does it compare with the ITC Windsor Sheraton and The Park Bangalore? Those are the other two options I have for a two-night stay in May, although the Sheraton is about $40 more per night for an Exec Club room instead of Deluxe at the other two hotels. I have SPG Gold, if it makes a difference.
I stayed at both Nov '05 and I liked thie ITC Windsor a bit more. My room (I am an SPG Pl) at the ITCW included a huge flat screen HDTV with DVD player and one of most comfortable beds ever. The English/Irish bar is a great place for nibblies and drinks, and live music.

Having said that, I enjoyed the excellent service and food at the Le Meridien. The room was a bit smaller than the one I had at the ITCW, but it was definitely comfortable. EVERYONE there was attentive, always smiled, and was ready to help you at all hours of the night (I forgot one of my electrical adapters and blew an outlet).

If you have a choice, go with the ITCW, but if you stay at the Le Merdien, you won't be disappointed!

good luck!
Old Apr 4, 2006, 8:42 am

Thumbs up A very positive experience, so far

I am at this hotel right now. It is quite fine, although just a bit aged and (depending on where your room is) not necessarily offering any spectacular views.

The service is excellent. The awareness and recognition of Platinum status is excellent. Food is great. Beds are comfortable. Overall a "will visit again" type of property.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 12:53 am

Programs: AmEx Centurion, SPG Platinum; LH Senator; Sixt Platinum; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by blue2002
I am at this hotel right now. It is quite fine, although just a bit aged and (depending on where your room is) not necessarily offering any spectacular views.

The service is excellent. The awareness and recognition of Platinum status is excellent. Food is great. Beds are comfortable. Overall a "will visit again" type of property.
I'd like to bump this thread up. Any recent reviews on Le Meridien for Plats? It seems that they do have a lounger, so I'd like to try them.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
And another question about this hotel: The SPG site states that it does NOT participate in the SPG program - is this correct?
Old Nov 5, 2007, 2:34 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Wilbur
And another question about this hotel: The SPG site states that it does NOT participate in the SPG program - is this correct?
No, it participates at Category 5.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Nov 5, 2007, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
Thank you, William, as always!

Does this mean we can EARN SPG points there as well as burn them?
Old Nov 6, 2007, 10:08 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Wilbur
Thank you, William, as always!

Does this mean we can EARN SPG points there as well as burn them?
Yes, this hotel is fully participating in Starwood Preferred Guest.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Nov 6, 2007, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by JeremyX
Her only complaint was about the lack of a Chinese restaurant.
Technically, yes, but she must not have looked too hard -- there is an Oriental fusion (Thai, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean) restaurant, named QI, on the ground floor near the entrance. Excellent food.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Have the rooms been updated at this property...the web site shows that, but recent visits prove that some rooms are still pretty shabby decor-wise...
Old Mar 28, 2008, 9:53 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Just to bump this...

I've just booked a 16 night stay at the Le Meridien.

Do the rooms have high speed internet/WIFI?

Cheers,
Rick
Old Apr 4, 2008, 11:10 am

For anyone contemplating the Bangalore Le Meridien, note that there is no bar (closed indefinitely), and one of the restaurants seems constantly closed (it's not been open since I got here on Monday).

There is nothing on the SPG site to indicate this.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Apr 6, 2008, 3:51 am

And another complaint...

The hotel drivers constantly try and get you to go a 'Arts & Crafts' shop, as they get a kick-back from the owners.

I got really pissed off yesterday as I just needed to get to a shop to pick up a cell phone, and I was in a bit of a rush. The driver started going on about the craft shop, but I refused. 30 minutes later (nightmare traffic) he pulls into a small car park, and tells me to "go in for 10 minutes, but I don't have to buy anything". I refused again and insisted he take me where I wanted to go. He did this reluctantly. We then spent another 15 minutes going back the way we'd come from to the mall that I wanted to go to.

The problem is that the hotel charges an absolute fortune for car transport. I've just found out that they are charging me over $50 each way to my office. I'd thought that this price was for a round trip - although it's my own fault for not confirming.

I'm now looking for an alternative. Maybe I should do a Rickshaw each way For anyone that has never been to Bangalore, have a look at the following YouTube link of a Bangalore Traffic Webcam. I can confirm that this is just what it's like :-

Bangalore Traffic

Cheers,
Rick
Old Apr 8, 2008, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
The problem is that the hotel charges an absolute fortune for car transport. I've just found out that they are charging me over $50 each way to my office. I'd thought that this price was for a round trip - although it's my own fault for not confirming.

I'm now looking for an alternative. Maybe I should do a Rickshaw each way.
You are being gouged for transport.

My company always arranged a car and driver for me when I was in Bangalore. Rates were always less than $15 a day for the driver to be on call and available all day -- and beyond, if necessary (for example, late dinner). I think the name of the car service was Yarta Travel. Very professional and never diverted to a shopping excursion.

If you do not appear to be Indian, you will have more problems with "diversions" to souvenier shops if you take a rick than if you use a car service.

You should flat-out refuse to pay the hotel for the driving service when you were diverted by the driver. They need to know about that situation, or they cannot prevent it from happening again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.