Wiki Posts
Search

JFK/LGA hotels transportation

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2006, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP 1K Million Miler, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
JFK/LGA hotels transportation

I have learned from sad experience that getting a cab from a hotel near LGA, early in the morning is impossible.

Am curious if anyone knows whether the situation is the same for hotels near JFK.

I will be arriving late at JFK and will cab it or shuttle to a hotel near JFK. I have a 6am flight from LGA the next morning. I am not certain that I can get hotel shuttle service to LGA early that morning so am wanting to know what my options might be. A cab would be ideal, but as noted above, I learned the hard way that getting a taxi from a hotel near LGA to LGA was a no go but need to know if the same is true of JFK hotels.

Advice, thoughts?
Old Apr 1, 2006, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
The same is true.

You can ask the hotel to give you the name of a car service. FYI, car services developed in the 70's when yellow cabs greatly reduced their service to the outlying boroughs.

Every house in my neighborhood had the name of their favorite car service taped to the inside cabinet in the kitchen.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP 1K Million Miler, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by dhammer53
The same is true.

You can ask the hotel to give you the name of a car service. FYI, car services developed in the 70's when yellow cabs greatly reduced their service to the outlying boroughs.

Every house in my neighborhood had the name of their favorite car service taped to the inside cabinet in the kitchen.
Thanks for the reply. I assume that I can book a car ahead of time for an early morning pickup.

My flight from LGA leaves at 6am, which means a pick up prior to 5am. In your experience is this doable?
Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
I've gotten the hotel to pre-arrange a cab at 5 am before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.