Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DTW WorldClub conversations on 4/5

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2006, 9:50 am
Original Poster

DTW WorldClub conversations on 4/5

Was speaking with a couple of guys at the DTW WorldClub yesterday and heard some interesting info. NOT sure if any of it is true- am just passing on what I was told.
One guy said that he had gotten email from AA offering to match his status, match whatever mileage he had in his WP account, and give him Admiral's membership if he was a WC member.
Another said that CO had agreed to comp him to Gold, match his miles and give him PC membership for a year. He said that CO told him that they had gotten so many requests they were beginning to honor them rather than lose the customers to AA, UA, or US.
Again, not sure about if this is legit- just passing on what I heard.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by frankc98376
Was speaking with a couple of guys at the DTW WorldClub yesterday and heard some interesting info. NOT sure if any of it is true- am just passing on what I was told.
One guy said that he had gotten email from AA offering to match his status, match whatever mileage he had in his WP account, and give him Admiral's membership if he was a WC member.
Another said that CO had agreed to comp him to Gold, match his miles and give him PC membership for a year. He said that CO told him that they had gotten so many requests they were beginning to honor them rather than lose the customers to AA, UA, or US.
Total crap (well, maybe 80%). But thanks for passing it along... (at least you recognized this as BS).
Status match, possibly (although AA does usually try to push people to the gold/plat challenge, and Skyteam members previously have stayed away from poaching within the group). Matching miles, not in a million years. Offering club membership, highly doubtful.

Last edited by dave_261; Apr 5, 2006 at 10:02 am
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:02 pm
BCH

If I get an email from AA inviting me to switch to them and matching my NW Plat status, then I will switch faster than NW can say CoachChoice.

AA can you hear me?
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:36 pm

Programs: TK Gold, Etihad Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold.
Smile

If this is true, I'd love to do it

AA if you are monitoring the NWA board, you can PM me

Cheers,

Timo
Old Apr 5, 2006, 6:31 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold75, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by timo469

Cheers,

Timo
Ditto for me!
Old Apr 5, 2006, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Well that would be just my luck if AA did comp status as I just took and completed the plat challenge
Old Apr 5, 2006, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
If CO would match...

I'm flying a CO trip - started today and back to DC on Sunday. 4 legs, three on ERJs. I did manage to book 12 A on all of the ERJs, which is nice. But the one full size jet is a 737-500 with only 2 rows of first class seats and essentially no extra space in coach. The exit row configuration on over half of CO's 737s don't have extra leg room, only a missing seat at the window.

I don't like coach choice either, but even if they don't recline, there are more exit row seats on NW than I get on CO and my ug chances are better.

tom
Old Apr 6, 2006, 11:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, former NW PE
Heard the EXACT same thing on board a flight a couple days ago. Fellow sitting in front of me said that he got a targeted promotion with those specific terms - and that it was for EXP, and with the mileage matching. Wouldn't discuss anything more than that.

Now, I just have to wonder how AA is getting their targets. And if I was a loyal AA flyer, I'd be REALLY upset at the boys at DFW right about now.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by mot29
I'm flying a CO trip - started today and back to DC on Sunday. 4 legs, three on ERJs. I did manage to book 12 A on all of the ERJs, which is nice. But the one full size jet is a 737-500 with only 2 rows of first class seats and essentially no extra space in coach. The exit row configuration on over half of CO's 737s don't have extra leg room, only a missing seat at the window.
That seat with the missing seat in front of it, 14-A/F is a great seat... You get much more legroom than in FC. ^
Old Apr 7, 2006, 1:38 am

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by BCH
If I get an email from AA inviting me to switch to them and matching my NW Plat status, then I will switch faster than NW can say CoachChoice.

AA can you hear me?
Well, AA doesn't have an NW PLAT equivalent. AA's tiers are 25k,50k, and 100k miles, whereas NW uses a 25k/50k/75k system.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 8:56 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Smile This is what AA actually offers...

ROTFLMAO! AA claims to know why we fly, but being so psychic they know who to send these enticing e-mail offers to? I love it - we have FT and now frequent flyers are getting our own urban legends!

Some airlines DO match status for one year - but AA offers the unpublished benefit of "Challenges." Those who wish can call and sign up for a period of ninety days, during which they earn 5k (Gold) or 10k (Platinum) "points." "Points" are earned based on the fare purchased - full fare economy and above earn 1.5 points per mile flown, discount 1:1 and deep discount economy fares earn 0.5:1 (and Q and O may earn none on some international runs.) Ask GTITAN - who just completed the Challenge, as posted above; s/he called them, they didn't figure out who s/he was and issue an invite...

That's as close to a status match as AA offers, and it definitely doesn't include Admirals Club access - though Platinums or EXP flying internationally to other than North, Central America and the Caribbean can access the Admirals Clubs on the day of international flight. (Mexico City is a weird exception - it is considered like South America or Europe for lounge access.)

Flyers who complete a Challenge in the first half of the year earn status good for the remainder of that calendar year and through the following Feb 28. Those who complete the Challenge in the second half of the year get status the remainder of that calendar year and the following one, through Feb 28 of the third year. If they have PLatinum they get a "soft landing" and drop back to Gold.

For an Executive Platinum, there is no Challenge, but you might get your status matched IF you are a travel arranger for a Fortune 500 corporation, say, and can tell AA you are swithing your company's business...

Cheers to my fellow FTers and all you NW flyers...

Old Apr 7, 2006, 9:07 am
Suspended

Central America just like mexico city for eligiblity for lounge access. Just not north america or the carribean.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by timo469

Cheers,

Timo
Me too
Old Apr 7, 2006, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
ROTFLMAO! AA claims to know why we fly, but being so psychic they know who to send these enticing e-mail offers to? I love it - we have FT and now frequent flyers are getting our own urban legends!
Randy now needs to start his own version of snopes.com
Old Apr 7, 2006, 9:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UNITED 2K HILTON DIAMOND
sometimes things are not as they seem grasshopper

Originally Posted by JDiver

Some airlines DO match status for one year - but AA offers the unpublished benefit of "Challenges." Those who wish can call and sign up for a period of ninety days, during which they earn 5k (Gold) or 10k (Platinum) "points." "Points" are earned based on the fare purchased - full fare economy and above earn 1.5 points per mile flown, discount 1:1 and deep discount economy fares earn 0.5:1 (and Q and O may earn none on some international runs.) Ask GTITAN - who just completed the Challenge, as posted above; s/he called them, they didn't figure out who s/he was and issue an invite...

That's as close to a status match as AA offers, and it definitely doesn't include Admirals Club access - though Platinums or EXP flying internationally to other than North, Central America and the Caribbean can access the Admirals Clubs on the day of international flight. (Mexico City is a weird exception - it is considered like South America or Europe for lounge access.)

Flyers who complete a Challenge in the first half of the year earn status good for the remainder of that calendar year and through the following Feb 28. Those who complete the Challenge in the second half of the year get status the remainder of that calendar year and the following one, through Feb 28 of the third year. If they have PLatinum they get a "soft landing" and drop back to Gold.

For an Executive Platinum, there is no Challenge, but you might get your status matched IF you are a travel arranger for a Fortune 500 corporation, say, and can tell AA you are swithing your company's business...

Cheers to my fellow FTers and all you NW flyers...
My wife and I were both comped to plat last fall with no challenge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.