Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

How do you do an In-N-Out run from LAX or other LA area airports? [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2015, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bzcat
Effective May 2015, Parking Spot has implemented a customer-only policy for its shuttles at LAX. This effectively means In-N-Out Burger runs via Parking Spot Shuttle will come to an end.

From certain LAX terminals (e.g. T1), it is probably fastest to walk to In-N-Out Burger using the sidewalk on Sepulveda Blvd. This is a roughly 15 minutes walk. From the lower (arrival) level, take the sidewalk outside T1 and cross Vickburg Ave and walk east towards Sepulveda Blvd. Turn left at Sepulveda and head north pass the urgent care facility at 96th street and cross Lincoln Blvd to In-N-Out. Please note that it is recommended that you walk from the lower (arrival) level. The upper (departure) level sidewalk will lead to towards Sky Way and it has very narrow and inadequate sidewalk, which is difficult to navigate with luggage.

From terminals further afield, you can utilize the free LAXit Shuttle (green buses) to Rideshare lot. Take the Shuttle Bus at the LAXit sign on the Lower/Arrival Level in front of each terminal. Once you reach the Rideshare lot, walk towards the sidewalk on Century Blvd and follow it to Sepulveda. Turn left at Sepulveda and head north.

To return to LAX from In-N-Out Burgers, follow the sidewalk on Sepulveda south towards LAX and turn right on Century. Walk to T1 if that is your departure terminal. Catch the free Airline Connection Shuttle A from T1 to other terminals.

From terminals further afield, you can utilize the free LAX Shuttle C to Long Term Parking Lot C. Take the Shuttle Bus at the LAX Shuttle & Airline Connections sign on the Lower/Arrival Level islands in front of each terminal. Exit the bus at the first stop outside the airport @ 96th between Skyway and Sepulveda (before the bus enters the parking lot). From there, it is a 7~8 minute walk to In-N-Out on Sepulveda Blvd. See Google Map Here: https://goo.gl/maps/yyuJu

To return to LAX, follow the same path back to 96th Street but continue past Skyway to the LAX Lot C Shuttle Depot to board awaiting bus. See Google Map Here:
https://goo.gl/maps/m4J3m

Print Wikipost

How do you do an In-N-Out run from LAX or other LA area airports? [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2006, 12:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, HA, CO

To the LA FlyerTalk gurus (and any others familiar with LAX area):

I'll be transiting LAX on UA next month on my way to HNL. I have a ~3 hour layover and would really like to make an In-N-Out run, but I'm not very familiar with the area around LAX and the public transit (if needed).

Question: How do you get to the nearest In-N-Out from UA terminal (and how do you get back)? Also how long would it take each way (don't want to miss the connection )?
Old Apr 7, 2006, 12:54 am

Programs: Formerly: UA 1K, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, FT Addicts Anonymous; Currently: Grounded
There is an In-n-Out right on Sepulveda north of the north runways. It is a great place for planespotting and is close enought to walk to (15 min), no real easy bus access, but a cab might be reasonable. Actually, it is located right next to the Parking Spot, I wonder if you might be able to hop on one of their buses (maybe give the guy a tip to let you slide if they require that you prove you are parked there).

I have walked there a couple of times, but it is along major roads with not large sidewalks, if you are leary of walking, the Parking Spot shuttle might be best if it will work.

Here is the link to the closest one link
Old Apr 7, 2006, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Walking sounds great! 15 minutes doesn't seem that long.

Now a follow-up question:
What's the quickest way to walk there? Tell me if this is sufficient or if I should use another route:

1. Leave UA terminal (T7, well since I'm arriving on UX, T8)
2. Walk across Parking Structures heading towards T1
3. Right turn at T1, follow roadway to Sepulveda.
4. Left on Sepulveda until I reach In-N-Out.

Any problems with that? If so, feel free to list the directions you know of/used in the past.

Thanks.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 1:28 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
The Parking Spot bus will work just fine -- takes 5-7 minutes tops. Make sure to catch the one with the RED "Sepulveda" sign -- not the BLUE "Century" sign. When you get on the bus, they ask if you are valet or self park, just say self-park. They do not check for proof of parking there. Same on the way back - they just ask for your airline.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 1:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dbuckho
The Parking Spot bus will work just fine -- takes 5-7 minutes tops. Make sure to catch the one with the RED "Sepulveda" sign -- not the BLUE "Century" sign. When you get on the bus, they ask if you are valet or self park, just say self-park. They do not check for proof of parking there. Same on the way back - they just ask for your airline.
Sounds great, thanks! Self-park, is an acceptable thing to say if they ask any further is "My stub is in the car?" (not that they would).
Old Apr 7, 2006, 1:37 am

Programs: Marriott Gold. Usually WN or DL if in the air.
Originally Posted by asu-ua772
Walking sounds great! 15 minutes doesn't seem that long.

Now a follow-up question:
What's the quickest way to walk there? Tell me if this is sufficient or if I should use another route:

1. Leave UA terminal (T7, well since I'm arriving on UX, T8)
2. Walk across Parking Structures heading towards T1
3. Right turn at T1, follow roadway to Sepulveda.
4. Left on Sepulveda until I reach In-N-Out.

Any problems with that? If so, feel free to list the directions you know of/used in the past.

Thanks.
From T8, you're already east of T1, so you would really be walking east of the parking structures closer to the administration building/old control tower.

Here is a super duper zoomed in satellite image of the area. You can get a pretty good idea of the layout of things this way.
http://tinyurl.com/jmrzm

With a roughly 3 hour conx time, I would probably have to recommend taking a cab up, if the taxi queue isn't too long, and then either walking or taking The Parking Spot shuttle back, depending on the wait at In-N-Out and the weather. In-N-Out isn't always the fastest fast food (but it is good!) And be sure to sit outside near the sidewalk to watch the traffic landing on Rwy 24R.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 2:49 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
If doing the Parking Spot and there is not a bus there right away, you can also call them at 866.826.2509 and tell them you are waiting at T8. They usually have a bus waiting somewhere and will speed up through the terminals.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold

Question: How do you get to the nearest In-N-Out from UA terminal (and how do you get back)? Also how long would it take each way (don't want to miss the connection )?
Follow up question: Do you know what you're gonna order yet?
Old Apr 7, 2006, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Follow up question: Do you know what you're gonna order yet?
I've never been to an In-N-Out before . Perhaps I should deviate from "you know where " this one time and take a short drive to this particular location before LAX to see what they have:
http://www.in-n-out.com/location_details.asp?id=195

To everyone: Thanks for the help. All the subsequent questions were just me trying to cover all the bases. ^

Last edited by asu-ua772; Apr 7, 2006 at 3:14 am Reason: IceTrojan and I have a thing for this one local burger establishment near ASU.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
I've never been to an In-N-Out before . Perhaps I should take a short drive to this particular location before LAX to see what they have:
http://www.in-n-out.com/location_details.asp?id=195

To everyone: Thanks for the help. All the subsequent questions were just me trying to cover all the bases. ^
This is what they have:
-Burger
-Cheeseburger
-Double Burger/Cheeseburger
-Fries
-Drinks
-Shakes

That's it... nice and simple. Oh, and Google "In-n-Out Secret Menu"

I say, save your first time for LAX.... that way you get dinner and a show.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 6:23 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mizzou65201
With a roughly 3 hour conx time, I would probably have to recommend taking a cab up, if the taxi queue isn't too long
You are going to have one seriously angry taxi driver. Depending on the time of day, the driver may have been queuing for over an hour, in the offsite lot (which actually isn't too far from In-N-Out). The fare without tip may be all of $4.75. With the positioning of LAX in the Los Angeles Metro area, even a short taxi fare from a terminal should result in a fare of about $20 for a driver.

I'm not a fan of taxi drivers in any city, but these people do work very hard for not a lot of net dollars. One should try to be fair.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 9:31 am

That's it... nice and simple. Oh, and Google "In-n-Out Secret Menu"
Try this link for more on the secret menu. I used to always order animal style, but now I tend to get it regular with grilled onions on top. Hmm, I think I may need to go to lunch there today . . .
Old Apr 7, 2006, 11:37 am

The 'secret' menu is right on the In N Out Burger menu wepage.

http://www.in-n-out.com/menu.asp

BillJ
Old Apr 7, 2006, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

I say, save your first time for LAX.... that way you get dinner and a show.
I'll be in 10:30a-1:30p, that is....lunch and a show.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, DL Silver, SPG Lifetime Gold
I'll be in 10:30a-1:30p, that is....lunch and a show.
OK, so after all this talk about In-n-Out, and it is 3:30 p.m. now on a Friday, and I think I will hit one on the way home!

Enjoy the treat, and if you decide not to take the van service to get over there, ask a cab driver who pulls up if he minds running you over there and you'll buy him a burger and fries too. That, plus a nice tip might just get tempt him to take you over there without b*tching about it. At least, he will have something to do when he drops you off and goes back to the cab line queue....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.