Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Krakow, Poland [Master Thread]

Sheraton Grand Krakow, Poland [Master Thread]

Old Feb 11, 2004, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Arrow Sheraton Grand Krakow, Poland [Master Thread]

Starwood Lurker, do you have any information on when reservations will be accepted for the Krakow, Poland property. I uderstand it will be opening May 2004.
Old Feb 11, 2004, 10:11 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I tried yesterday and received a message that they are not accepting reservations yet. Given the recent 'push back openings' for some other Starwood properties they may be waiting until they are more certain on the opening date.
FWIW, the website says this will be the only 4 * hotel in KRK! I can't wait to go, tried the Westin in WAW last year and loved it.
Old Feb 11, 2004, 11:35 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Sorry, but I don't know when reservations will begin to be taken for the Sheraton Krakow. One presumes soon...provided the opening date is not pushed back. According to our records, that is scheduled for April 30, 2004.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Feb 11, 2004, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Thank You for your responses
Old Mar 8, 2004, 8:40 am

It appears the Starwood website is now taking reservations for Krakow. I'm planning to go on a Fri night in mid June, and (at this time) the best rate I see is e 147, including full breakfast. I've booked that assuming if the rates come down, I'll just cancel & rebook.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I was in Krakow last Oct. There is a fantastic, brand new Radisson SAS that is certainly a four star, so someone at Starwood is confused! It is in an excellent location if you're going as a tourist, just a few mins walk from the castle and main square. Lovely modern decor, super restaurant, a good bar and a cafe. Stay in one of the 40 sq m rooms and you even get free pay TV.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

I made reservations today for May, however the web site is quoting 189Euro and reservations quoted 154Euro. So much for best rate on website.
Old May 4, 2004, 12:52 pm

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Reuters - Starwood Hotels and Resorts (NYSE:HOT) opened a new Sheraton hotel in the Polish city of Krakow on Friday, hoping to benefit from rising visitor numbers after the country joins the European Union this weekend.

Starwood will manage the hotel, Krakow's first with five stars, which represents a 36 million euro ($43 million) investment by Polish state-owned bank PKO BP as well as local and foreign developers.
Old May 4, 2004, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by doctor
I made reservations today for May, however the web site is quoting 189Euro and reservations quoted 154Euro. So much for best rate on website.
Hope you can get the cheaper rate, and be sure and post back here of your impressions
Old May 4, 2004, 11:26 pm

I have a chance to visit Krakow this Fall. Any idea how many points/night it will take?

JP
Old May 16, 2004, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UAL Premier Exec, SPG and HH Gold
The Starwood website says it is 7,000 points/night.
Old May 17, 2004, 11:29 am

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
I'm staying there the end of May. Rates are a bit more expensive than Warsaw as there is little competition in Krakow for 5* properties.
Old Jun 8, 2004, 3:21 pm

Bumping this up.
My trip to KRK & the new Sheraton is next week, any more recent comments, anyone stay here yet and if so, aside from a taxi from the airport (which I would prefer not to do), how easy is it to get to the hotel? I was told to take the #208 bus-- and then a tram/bus---taxi??
Old Jun 16, 2004, 2:55 am
Suspended

Programs: AE SE, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
hey, i am in krakow next week too, give me a shout at [email protected] an we can work some details out.

G
Old Jun 16, 2004, 6:11 am

I'll be arriving in KRK this Fri (June 18) and will only be there the one night. If you're around I'd love to meet up-- if not, I will be posting my impressions and some pics as soon as I return to the US on Sun 6/20.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.