Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2014, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Hotel email address:
lemeridien dot kualalumpur at lemeridien dot com
reservations dot lmkl at lemeridien dot com
supervisor dot lmkl at lemeridien dot com

General Manager email address:
michael dot delargy at lemeridien dot com

LAUNDRY (FEB 29 2020)
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2006, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Shangri-La Jade, IHG Platinum, TG Gold
Arrow Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]

First time back to this hotel since they joined the *wood group.
Still some hiccups concerning benefits to be given to Platinum members.

Just checked-in and got an upgrade to a very nice suite. (the bathroom even has a personal sauna room. Sweet ! )
Also was provided access to the club floor lounge (though nothing great to rave about, except for the maginifient views).
Had to be a little bit insistence to get the 4pm late check-out.

Not bad. So it looks like a toss-up between here or my usual Westin KL when next I come back.
Old Apr 22, 2006, 11:11 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
I find the executive lounge to be very comfortable and soothing but the food selection is rather limited. The last time I stayed there, the rate difference between the B&B and room only was miniscule so I booked the B&B. I took the breakfast buffet downstairs in the restaurant outlet while having executive lounge access. The breakfast buffet is great.
Old Apr 22, 2006, 11:50 am
Suspended

I used to see sub-MYR200 rates at the LeMeridien KL, but these days its usually around MYR300. I believe the increase in room rates is due to the directive by the government not to sell rooms in 5* hotels at less than USD80. Not a good option for matress-run as I originally thought

BTW how is the bed at this hotel ? Firm ?
Old Apr 26, 2006, 3:19 am
Original Poster

While not as great as the Westin KL Heavenly bed, the Le Meridien KL bed is quite comfortable. Firm and hard. Nice choice of pillows.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 2:36 am
Original Poster

BTW, the suites had L'Occitane soap/lotion/shampoo in the bathrooms.
A nice welcome basket of local fruits and chocholate dates was also placed in the room.
Old May 8, 2006, 8:28 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, SPG Plat
Am staying there now. Plat upgrade to Suite, access to Club Lounge on 33F (awesome views) plus gym access at Clark Hatch.

What strikes me most is that the staff in the Club Lounge have memorized the names of the all Club guests, and were greeting each one of us by name! Wow. ^ Now that's something I don't recall experiencing at the Westin KL.
Old May 8, 2006, 8:57 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
The LeMeridien in KL seems a little far from the shopping centres eg Bukit Bintang cf to Westin KL where I have just stayed. However, it seems to be a category 1 hotel vs category 2 at the Westin KL for award redemption. As it is above KL Sentral, I assume it is quite easy to get anywhere by LRT or monorail ^
http://www.kiat.net/malaysia/KL/transit.html

Also makes getting to/from KLIA by the KLIAexpress train a lot quicker than the taxis to the Westin KL which can take up to 1.5 hours depending on traffic
Old May 9, 2006, 12:58 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Does the lounge have free internet or wifi if you have your own laptop?
Old May 9, 2006, 2:38 am
Original Poster

the lounge has free wifi.
but most room rates (if not all) quoted include broadband internet access in the room.
Old May 9, 2006, 12:40 pm

Programs: MP Platinum
1. The gym (actually in the hilton) has always been free.

2. Internet access is free, but sometimes slow...(less than 50Kbps available for slingbox....sometimes 300Kbps +) and when you signin using the hardware in the room you get a password to use the wifi.

3. Are upgrades to suites for Platinum only? I am gold level, nothing was offered. Did you have to ask at checkin? What rate did you book at? I booked the normal executive room (end of the hall, a little bigger) for 333 RM. I am staying until saturday morning and then again next wednesday/thursday night. So what's the drill for getting an upgrade?
Old May 10, 2006, 1:50 am

Programs: SQ Gold, SPG Plat
[Are upgrades to suites for Platinum only? I am gold level, nothing was offered. Did you have to ask at checkin? [/QUOTE]

I am not sure what is the hotel's upgrade policy for Gold Members. So far, I have stayed there twice as a plat, and both times have been upgraded to the Suite.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 7:39 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I'm here for a quick overnight, picked it mainly because it is so convenient coming in via KLIA Express and because my last stay at the Ritz was disppointing.
The staff met me as I exited the KLIA Ex gate, walked me over to the hotel, etc. A nice meet and greet service, and I didnt even ask for it. Got walked up to the Club lounge for check in and then given a nice suite. Super friendly service and the hotel is in nice shape, very modern. Bed is a bit hard though.
Tried the lebanese restaurant in the hotel with 2 colleagues, kind of pricey, pretty good lebanese food for SE Asia.
Given the ease of to and from airport, I would recommend this place for quick in and out business trips.
Old Apr 15, 2007, 7:10 am
Suspended

Disappointing

No suite upgrade here (plat). Given a premier room which is an end room with a nice bathroom (separate shower and full window view) but tiny bedroom matching the matchbox size of those at Westin Paris. Opted for a regular/deluxe room instead for more space (also note from the floor plan the deluxe room next door is also tiny).

Not terribly impressed, for the same price I would opt for the Sheraton Imperial unless its a short overnight stay to catch the KLIA Express early the next morning.

F&B : Lebanese restaurant is not bad, they have a 1 for 1 amex promo right now so not too expensive. Also note that they have cross signing arrangement for F&B outlets at the Hilton next door.

Last edited by mario33; Apr 15, 2007 at 7:30 am Reason: F&B Comments
Old Sep 11, 2007, 10:59 am

Based on what I had read her on FT, I stayed at Le Meridien KL on my last night in KL after staying at the Westin. With easy access to KL Sentral and the KLIA Ekspress train, the location was definitely convenient for my needs. With access to commuter trains, light rail and the monorail, plus taxis, there are plenty of easy options to get around KL from the hotel.

I took a taxi to get to Le Meridien, and taxis will let you out right at the entrance to the lobby (from KL Sentral, you enter a lower 'lobby' area, take the elevator up and go through a corridor before actually getting to the lobby). The lobby is bright and calm during the day. At night it is more intimate with candles lit to create a bit of ambiance. The décor of the whole hotel, including the elevators, is very Arabesque.

Check-in was smooth. I hadn’t been able to book a non-smoking room when I made my reservation, but I put in the notes to my reservation that I preferred non-smoking. The agent confirmed my request at check-in. I was offered my choice of newspapers for the morning, including local papers, the IHT and others.

As a Gold, I was not given an upgrade (I don’t expect them), but I did get a room on a high floor. My room number was even and overlooked KL Sentral. From windows by the elevators, I was able to see that odd numbered rooms have a much more interesting view, including KL Tower, the Petronas Towers, etc.

The bed in my room was very firm, though comfortable. The décor of the room is much more traditional than at the Westin. The main colours were green and grey/silver. The washroom was nothing remarkable, but had nice quality finishings. For the life of me, I couldn’t figure out how to control the volume of the sound from the TV in the washroom! Not that it mattered though. In the cupboard, a Le Meridien branded umbrella is provided for use during your stay. With the rapid changes in the weather while I was there, this could have proved invaluable had I forgotten my own umbrella at home.

At some point after check-in, a fruit platter was delivered to my room. At night, I returned to find that I had received a fairly thorough turndown service. This included empty the trash, putting away the decorative throw from the bed, replacing the bottled water and also a small box of baked cookies and a bookmark left by my bedside. I was a bit surprised, though, at around 9 in the morning to be greeted by someone wanting to inspect the mini-bar.

On the whole, the direct access to KL Sentral is a huge plus, even though it isn’t exactly in a particularly special location. The adjacent Hilton seemed much livelier, and based on the mock-up of their room at KLIA, is probably quite a bit more modern feeling. But with that said, the service at the LM was excellent and make it a good option in the KL Sentral area.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 7:03 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Am I the only one who found the music in the corridors of the Le Meridien KL to be irritating. Seemed to change throughout the day, but whether the what I guess was meant to be soothing ambient sounds in the morning, or almost nightlclub-like pulsating beats at night there was never a time I wanted to linger, that's for sure!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.