Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Cyberport, Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
PLATINUM BENEFITS (CORRECT AS OF OCT 3, 2015)

• Complimentary buffet breakfast in Prompt (4th Floor 6:30am-10:30am).
  • Complimentary selected drinks and food throughout the day according to opening hours at PSI & Podium (4th Floor 5:30pm-8pm) (max 2 persons). The menu will be provided in the bar.
  • Complimentary shoes shining services (2 pairs) or pressing for suit (2 pieces).
  • 30% discount enjoyment in our restaurants.
  • 50% discount on overnight parking.
  • 20% discount Business Service & Facilities.

SHUTTLE BUS SCHEDULE
Hotel - Hong Kong MTR Station (PICKUP @ BASEMENT L2, DROPOFF @ GROUND FLOOR
0700 - 0730
0800 - 0830
0900 - 0930
1100 - 1130
1200 - 1230
1300 - 1330
1400 - 1430
1500 - 1530
1600 - 1630
1700 - 1730
1800 - 1830
1900 - 1930
2100 - 2130
2200 - 2230
Print Wikipost

Old May 18, 2004, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United MileagePlus 1K, Marriott Silver
Arrow Le Meridien Cyberport, Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Had the privilege of staying at the new Le Meridien Cyberport in Hong Kong two weeks ago for my fifth wedding anniversary. We loved it. It's a small property, about 170 rooms. Very cool and hip, just like the ads say - even more so than any W hotel, with terrific caring service on top of it. Here are some specific thoughts:

Location: both a plus and a minus. A minus because it is not downtown, but in Pokfulam on Hong Kong Island, near the University of Hong Kong. By cab it can be between 20 and 30 minutes from downtown, depending on traffic. That's the bad news. The good news is that it is in a quiet part of Hong Kong and overlooks the main shipping channel, with views of Lamma Island. Absolutely gorgeous day and night.

Check In: The lobby was small, as is fitting for a boutique hotel like this one, but disguises it well with a soaring atrium. Check-in desk has three stations, with each clerk armed with a tablet pc. As soon as they find your name in the system, and if the room is ready, they'll take you right up and complete check-in in your room (like the Mandarin Oriental). Because the place is wired, you could even check in at the pool. They are even exploring ways to check you in downtown by the Airport Express and have your bags automatically sent to your room from there, in case you want to start shopping right away.

The room: We had a deluxe suite that overlooked the ocean. The living room was huge and had a separate 1/2 bath. A "soothing corner" housed a marble basin filled with water and aromatherapy oil to scent the room nicely. The basin sat atop a wooden and marble pedestal which revealed itself to be the minibar.

The living room was very stylishly decorated, Philippe Starck manner (though he wasn't the designer). Ceiling to floor glass windows to give a breathtaking panoramic display of the water and the next door office/shopping complex (not yet open). A 42 inch plasma tv sat in one corner and the check-in clerk showed us how to use it. It comes with free high speed internet that you can access via wireless keyboard and mouse and display on the plasma tv. The surround sound system is Bose, with a Bose cd player. There is a DVD player but the hotel had no DVD library, and the one DVD we brought was a US region 1 DVD that would not play. Two glass desks, one sofa (chrome and cloth), and a lounge chair. Very comfortable.

I sat down at the work-desk to write a postcard and couldn't find a pen. The reason why was that all of the stationery and writing tools were in a plastic folder, and to my surprise it was fully equipped with pens, pencils, stapler, paperclips, etc.

The bedroom featured a king-sized bed with several huge pillows. Lighting was appropriate for all moods, reading lights, an artistic glass etching over the headboard that lit up, floor lighting, etc. Another 42-inch plasma tv here, but the wireless keyboard did not work there for the internet access. I think you can bring a laptop for free broadband, but I didn't try it.

The bathroom in this part of the suite was enormous. The shower/tub suite was literally that - a suite to itself. It was walled in ceiling to floor glass on one side that faced the bedroom; a flick of a switch brings down an opaque curtain for more privacy. The tub was a modern interpretation of one of those antique standalone tobes, with a separate hand-held shower. The shower was a rainfall-type shower -- great water pressure, and it did feel like a tropical rain. For hard to reach places, another hand-held shower wand was available close by. There was also a bench in the bath suite in case you had to wait your turn.

The rest of the bathroom was very nice, marble and chrome, lots of mirrors. Bath amenities were Hermes, like in the Peninusula.

Restaurants: There are six restaurants and bars in the hotel. The main restaurant, Prompt (a French-Australian place), was promptly booked when we tried to make a reservation so we had to settle for the Japanese restaurant/bar. Good thing: the sushi was the best we had had since we visited Nobu in New York a couple of years ago. The drinks from the bar were fun - Asahi from a long tap, and sake-martini drinks with different flavors. I had a citrus saketini with chili, and my wife had a lychee saketini. The other bars are beautifully decorated in the most modern fashion, reminiscent of the modern New York lounge styles. In Hong Kong, they would be similar to the decor at One-Fifth, the Kee Club, or Tango Martini.

For club-level rooms, you have access to the top floor club lounge, where you can also take your meals. There are happy hours and tea times for complimentary drinks/snacks, and a concierge is available to help with whatever you need. It's supposed to be open 24 hours, but right now it closes at midnight.

The gym/pool: Small pool, good for laps but not much else. Pretty to look at. It also has a hot tub on the side. The gym is primarily a cardio-suite. Most every piece of equipment had its own television set. Also, you are supposed to be able to swipe your room key and it will remember your specific settings. Not much by way of freeweights, just a small dumbbell rack.

The staff: Brand new, so the staff was not well practiced at what they do or the features of the hotel. But don't get me wrong: they were the nicest, friendliest, hardest working staff I've met. Very enthusiastic and always trying to do the right thing for the customer.

Summary: A great property and a good place to get away from the madding crowds of Central. The cab ride is fairly long for Hong Kong, but only costs about US$7 to get downtown. Terrific appointments inside, motivated staff with personal service that you can only expect from a hotel this small. Highly recommended. I'm leaving Hong Kong after three years in September, but when I return, I plan to go back to the Meridien. - R
Old May 19, 2004, 6:05 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Great review!!

^ I might give this property a try when I am in HKG this fall.. Thanks for being first to report.. and congratulations on your anniversary.

The only thing that might stop me is the location....
Old May 19, 2004, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Thanks for the excellent review! The described decor sounds like Le Meridien's Art & Tech concept (also in their new hotels in MSP and HAM).
Old Jul 19, 2004, 9:28 am

club floor/rooms/suites

This is a great thourgh review. I am planning to stay here. I have made it my final choice for one night in late August, just because it is soo new, and very techy, which I love.

Some questions.

Are there any updates anyone has? I am specifically wanting to know about the Club floors/lounge. Which floor is the actual lounge on? I know that the club floora are the top four(4) of the hotel.

Also is it(the lounge/club) now open 24hours? At least until 12M at time of report is better than most US hotel which do M-F 7-6 or something like that.

There is room service in the all rooms/suites 24 hours right?

Has anyone tried the "butler" service for the club floor?

For my nights there are no club floor rooms via Internet, and I am contemplating whether to call them directly or just do one of thier lesser deals from the website.

Thanks for any updates
Old Aug 17, 2004, 7:53 pm

Just a word of warning. I just called the hotel to book a room, and the Club Floor and Lounge is closed for maintenance. I did not get a time frame, but I asked if it had been open in the past (both rooms/floor and lounge) and she said yes. They were selling the Bayside Premier Suite up on that floor up until about a week ago, and I saw once (about 2 weeks ago) the Club floor loaded on the website, but never again did I see them again including now and 6 week sago.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Two night stay at the end of last week. HKD1400 v HKD3000 for the Sheraton thanks to the homeware fair at the IEC.

The hotel is a HKD60/15 min cab ride from Central and the Hong Kong Airport Express station, and another 20HKD and 8 mins from Tsimshatsui. Irritiating and a little inconvenient if on a busy itinerary. Not good for a first time visitor but nice for me after 25+ visits to have somewhere a little less hectic to stay.

Hotel is lovely. Very contemporary in style and makes the HK Sheraton look dowdy by comparison. Rooms are large by HK standards with great walk-in rainfall showers. Huge Plasma screen TV and a very comfortable bed.

My t/a had forgotten to insert my Plat number into the reservation so I was a surprise on arrival. My upgrade was to a higher room - there are very few suites here and the 4 rooms on each floor with full sea views go quickly. Plat amenity was offered.

Bars and restaurants are usual HK prices but nicely done.

A decent property - a more central location and it would be my favourite in the SAR.
Old Apr 24, 2006, 4:04 am

Programs: DOD, AF Petroleum Club, Emirates Silver, Hertz 5 Star, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Two night stay at the end of last week. HKD1400 v HKD3000 for the Sheraton thanks to the homeware fair at the IEC.

A decent property - a more central location and it would be my favourite in the SAR.
I stayed recently -- probably my favorite Starwood property to date. The only negative is that the various bars/restaurants close rather early, and at least when I stayed, the majority of guests are there as part of company meetings/conferences, and combined with remote location, leaves most of the restaurants/bars pretty empty.

There's also the shuttle to/from Central every hour. I took a HKD400 taxi ride (ouch) from the airport to the hotel on the way in; in the future I'll probably do airport express to central and then shuttle or cab.
Old Apr 24, 2006, 6:09 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
There is also a public bus station right at the back of the hotel, with an express bus into Central (and other ones round to Aberdeen etc) which I used quite a lot when I stayed there. But then, I enjoy sitting upstairs on buses!

I agree with Swanhunter's assessment of the place. I was lucky enough to get an upgraded full sea-view room when I stayed there two years ago (as Moments Gold), and it was excellent. There is a lovely chaise longue in front of the window, and they supplied chocolates and flower tea in the room. The style of the hotel is in common with the Meridien 'Art + Tech' range - people who know the LM Wien will find this hotel familiar.

I'd also compliment them on very thoughtful service. I had an early (5am) check-out on my last day, and had asked for a taxi. They were waiting for me at reception with coffee and pastries!
Old May 28, 2006, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
My t/a had forgotten to insert my Plat number into the reservation so I was a surprise on arrival. My upgrade was to a higher room - there are very few suites here and the 4 rooms on each floor with full sea views go quickly. Plat amenity was offered.
Does anyone know if the Le Meridien Cyberport will allow Platinums into the Executive Lounge? Is free breakfast offered in the Lounge and/or the restaurant?
Old Jun 10, 2006, 8:02 pm

Just passed by this forum. As a Club Horizon member I had a complimentary stay last month and as a plat I was upgraded to a Deluxe Ocean Room on higher floor and choice of Platinum Amenities. I took the points. I would not have these offers prior to LM being acquired by Starwood. There are 20 rooms on each floor, 4 of which are ocean view. I think XX02 and XX03 are the best, better view and more privacy. You can only have King Beds in Ocean Rooms. For Deluxe Ocean Room or above the following benefits are included:
1) Complimentary buffet breakfast in Prompt (6:30am - 10:30am)
2) Complimentary regular drinks throughout the day from 06:30am to 10:30pm in Prompt, PSI & Podium (4th Floor)
3) Complimentary pressing of 1 suit per stay (or 2 articles of clothing)
4) 50% discount on overnight parking
5) 20% discount on Business Service & Facilities.

K.K.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 4:40 am

Programs: OW Emerald, QF Plat, SPG Gold, HH Gold, AMEX Plat
gold @ cyberport

I am currently staying at this property but have not recieved anything as SPG gold. My number wasn't in my booking as it was booked by my employer. I have since given it to reception and asked if I were able to have a better room. They told me the hotel was very full and that my current room was already a good room.

Have I missed anything like welcome amenity? One of my friends staying recieved fruit as only SPG basic membership.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 12:39 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by CdaWorld
I am currently staying at this property but have not recieved anything as SPG gold. My number wasn't in my booking as it was booked by my employer. I have since given it to reception and asked if I were able to have a better room. They told me the hotel was very full and that my current room was already a good room.

Have I missed anything like welcome amenity? One of my friends staying recieved fruit as only SPG basic membership.
If your assigned room is considered to be a Preferred Room by the property, then you were pre-booked into what you could have gotten as a complimentary upgrade as a Gold member.

Welcome amenities are offered only to Platinum elite members in the program; however, it is possible that the property was asked to deliver a pre-selected welcome amenity to certain parties in your group. You might check with the group organizer to see if you were on this list or not.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Jul 11, 2006, 8:56 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Stayed here last Saturday night. Like the others, I've grown tired of the Sheraton and wanted to try something new. I had booked a HKD$1200 rate which included breakfast (Sheraton wanted $2000). As Gold, they upgraded me to a top-floor room with a partial ocean view, instead of the cheap-o mountain view room I had booked.

The hotel itself is very nice - great modern design, nice bathrooms, very comfortable bed, 42" Plasma TV, nice pool, good breakfast. The shuttle is nice, however, it's 15 minutes to Central.

My only complaint is that the hotel is definately out of the way. The bus station makes trips to Aberdeen/Repulse Bay/Stanley convenient, but that's about it. I kind of prefer being in TST, due to the proximity to shopping, MTR, Star Ferry, great harbour view, etc.

Too bad the W won't be open for another two years.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA GS 3Million, Marriott/SPG LIFETIME Platinum - current Titanium, HHonors Diamond
I'll bump this and add my two cents - I concur with most above. Had grown tired of staying on Nathan Road. This hotel is out of the way and quiet is good. Getting there was no more trouble than anywhere else - in fact, from Wan Chai to the hotel was about 20 minutes in evening traffic.

The hotel is beautiful - and the staff was nice. As a Plat I got a nice free breakfast (which beats the continental only deal at the Sheraton, which generally ends up getting you charged for the whole thing), PLUS free drinks ALL NIGHT long in the 4th floor bar. They would have kept it open until I left, I'm sure.

Free wireless in the lobby, in case you don't want to pay the connect fees, just get on the shuttle bus and don't discuss payment - no one else does.

Shuttle bus leaves on the 1/2 hour from the Airport Express Station in Central.

^ ^
Old Oct 30, 2006, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
We had a Deluxe Ocean View Room in July at the Cyberport. We got the room I had booked (no upgrade as SPG Plat) despite a "you have been upgraded" sticker on the room key holder. No quibble with the lack of upgrade given the lack of suites, but I think they might have managed something better than the 4th floor limited view room we received.

We liked the property quite a lot and it is well located for Stanley and Ocean Park. The free drinks all day are also rather cool. We did think that the room was rather on the small side and the significant amount of glass might not suit those with a less exhibitionist streak Although there was indeed a large plasma screen in the room it was rather awkwardly located (at a 90 degree angle) for viewing from the bed, and there was little other seating available.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.