Wiki Posts
Search

Privatair EWR-MUC Seating?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2006, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-PLT, UA-Prem, BA-Silver, SPG-PLT, Hyatt-PLT, Hilton-GLD
Privatair EWR-MUC Seating?

Tried searching, but most of what I found seemed to be from before the seating change on the BBJ service EWR-MUC. A couple of questions....

1) Anyone done this flight and the LH new C? Comparison of the new Privatair seat to the New LH C?

2) Seatmap and preferences? Any seatmaps out there for this configuration. Found one for the Swiss/Privatair flight EWR-ZRH, but that uses the 737-800 rather than the -700 and might not matchup. Also what about the bulkhead (more or less room)? Which row is the emergency exit and does it have more room?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 24, 2006, 3:38 pm

Programs: LH Sen
Originally Posted by FlyLots
1) Anyone done this flight and the LH new C? Comparison of the new Privatair seat to the New LH C?
My opinion is that the NEW LH C is much better than PrivatAir on the route between EWR and MUC though I have to add that due to the new seats on this particular route which were installed very recently this flight is getting more attractive. Anyway the LH seats are better since they have an integrated IFE!
I like the bigger cabin of the 330-300 on JFK-MUC more than the small Boeing BBJ which PA uses.
The food and beverages are excatly the same.
The service: many pax are saying that they like the service which PA provides much more than LH's service since PA is claiming to have the "highest standards in the aviation industry". I say that's not true. I like LH's service way more.

2) Seatmap and preferences?
Admittedly it doesn't really matter which seat you choose. Since EWR-MUC is a night flight I would always decide for a window seat because then I can be sure that I will have nice sleep ( no neighbor who is jumping over me the whole night ).
Old Apr 25, 2006, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Thanks FtlAOI

Therefore, does this mean that with the exception of IFE, there is no perceptible difference between the new Privatair seat and the new LH C seat?
Old Apr 25, 2006, 11:19 am

Therefore, does this mean that with the exception of IFE, there is no perceptible difference between the new Privatair seat and the new LH C seat?
That's correct. The differnece is very small especially when you don't have the intention to use the IFE.
But I would always keep the times in mind. PA is leaving EWR in the afternoon at 4 o'clock and that means it's hard to sleep since at that time you're not tired at all.
LH 411 is leaving JFK at 8 p.m. roughly which means you can have a nice dinner onboard then watch a movie and afterwards you're having a nice sleep.
If you take PA choose 1A. The space is a little bit more generous.
If you take LH from JFK try to get 10A!
Old Apr 25, 2006, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Many thanks again. I should have said in the original post that my decision is also influenced by the fact that PA is a Z fare at $2500 and the cheapest LH C fare out of JFK is around $6800. I'm all for paying more for a better seat and better service but for a difference of $4300 I'll deal with no IFE for 9 hours!
Old Apr 25, 2006, 4:14 pm

When I see the price range in between these flights I would also decide in favor of PA since the differences are slight. Also LH New C is nothing earth-shattering. I am almost never using the IFE...
I think you won't be disappointed by PA. Personally what I like most is that the boarding time f.e. is really short since there are only 44 seats and usually PA is never booked out.
Old Apr 25, 2006, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

FtlAOI

Many thanks again. I'm sold. I'm getting over my dedication to AA after a good LH F experience IAD-MUC in December. When I factor in that I can fly nonstop from NY to MUC rather than changing in ZRH (going away now that Swiss is LH), BRU or god forbid LHR - I can't believe I avoided flying LH this long!

Now all I have to worry about is getting a hotel room in MUC in late June / early July - d@mned World Cup! Can't stand when a world soccer championship gets in the way of visiting my family. Ah well - summer on the Ammersee - could be worse.
Old Apr 25, 2006, 4:48 pm

Ah well - summer on the Ammersee - could be worse.
So does that mean you like the Ammersee or not?
I always have to visit my aunt a couple of times a year on the Ammersee... In Eching am Ammersee to be precise. Admittedly I can't stand it going there though I do like the Ammersee very much!
I think you shouldn't be worried of not finding a hotel room in MUC during that time. I read in the Sddeutsche Zeitung very recently that the hotels are excepting to be able to offer some rooms "last minute".
Old Apr 25, 2006, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

I'm getting a little freaked out by the coincidence here.

I absolutely love the Ammersee and coincidently I am headed there in June not only to visit my Aunt but to visit my Aunt in Eching am Ammersee.

I have sent you a PM.
Old Apr 25, 2006, 5:00 pm

Programs: black is magic
I also quite like the Ammersee - those were the days when I was an apprentice and could leave work at 3:30 pm to enjoy the great weather at the sea...

Unfortunately I have no aunt there, so I kinda feel left out in this club.
Old Apr 25, 2006, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by Thomas_B
Unfortunately I have no aunt there, so I kinda feel left out in this club.
Do you want to visit my aunt a couple of times every year instead of me?
I would really appreciate it Thomas_B! You could pretend to be FtlAOI! She wouldn't recognize it that's for sure!
Old Apr 25, 2006, 5:08 pm

Programs: black is magic
Hm, can't we like split it that I take the summer months?

I'm sure we can find a solution on this during the next weeks in a "Biergarten".
Old Apr 25, 2006, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Thomas_B
Hm, can't we like split it that I take the summer months?

I'm sure we can find a solution on this during the next weeks in a "Biergarten".
Good idea indeed. Let's talk about stuff like that in a little bit more informal environmment like a "znftiger Biergarten".
Old Apr 25, 2006, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Just wanted to add I took the PA EWR-MUC in mid-January. No idea if I had old seats or new -- the seats basically lowered flat all the way to the floor and I was able to sleep (which is rare for me in the air). I was a little afraid reading the comments about the 737BBJ service here -- but the flight turned out to be quite nice.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 8:00 pm

Can anyone comment on whether the new seats in the Privatair BBJ (MUC-EWR) are significantly better than those in their A319 (DUS-EWR)? Currently I have a reward trip booked with a DUS-EWR segment, but I'm tempted to switch to MUC-EWR as the schedule works a bit better. If the seats are better too, that would tip the scales!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.