Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Horrible stay at the Four Points Miami Beach

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2006, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Horrible stay at the Four Points Miami Beach

Stayed there for a 2 nights stay at 185$ a night, not exactly cheap for this substandart property. The staff is particularly unfriendly, the elavators are filthy, the corridor on the 10th floor had cigarette butts on the floor that remained there during my entire stay...so much for housekeeping...My room was never cleaned before 4pm, had to wait between 30 and 45mn in order to have my car brought from the garage, the rooms are very small for two people, the restaurant mediocre at best...I could go on! I would never recommend this hotel and I am waiting impatiently for an answer to my e-mail to management.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA EXPlt, SPG Plt, Nat EE
Enjoy your wait. I'm still waiting for a response to my 6 complaints in person and 4 via phone to customer service and directly to the hotel from a late March stay.

By far the worst overall staff I've ever seen in a *wood hotel.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 10:58 pm

Programs: 1K (I know, my screen name is outdated), Marriott Plat, *Wood Plat, Five Star, Amex Plat
Its a F O U R P O I N T S, what do you expect???

Before I ever stay in a Four Points again I will get a refrigerator box from the local Best Buy and sleep under an overpass.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 11:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DENPremEx
Its a F O U R P O I N T S, what do you expect???

Before I ever stay in a Four Points again I will get a refrigerator box from the local Best Buy and sleep under an overpass.
1) for that rate, management should realize that there will be relatively higher expectations. regardless, that is never acceptable regardless of rate. simple solution: contact customer care.

2) i have been staying at the four points manhattan chelsea for over a month and the staff could not possibly be nicer. they aren't the most "with it," but they try. this property is "service with a smile."
Old Apr 28, 2006, 12:02 am

Programs: 1K (I know, my screen name is outdated), Marriott Plat, *Wood Plat, Five Star, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
1) for that rate, management should realize that there will be relatively higher expectations. regardless, that is never acceptable regardless of rate. simple solution: contact customer care.

2) i have been staying at the four points manhattan chelsea for over a month and the staff could not possibly be nicer. they aren't the most "with it," but they try. this property is "service with a smile."
(Bells ringing, lights flashing) We have a winner!!! You are the very first person to ever have a remotely acceptable stay at a Four Points!

Seriously, I agree with everything you've said (except the stuff about the Four Points Chelsea, never stayed there).

Edited to add: Sorry William, since we no longer have the Austin Four Points to complain about my new favorite whipping boy is the entire Four Points chain which is stunning since *Wood has done such a good job with each of their other flags.
Old Apr 28, 2006, 1:57 am

Programs: UA 1P (residual DL, US, AS), SPG
Four Points Chelsea is great. Four Points Montreal is fabulous. You just can't generalize.
Old Apr 28, 2006, 4:05 am
Suspended

ever since New Mgmt took over a yr+ ago, add the Four Points York,Pa to a Great Place list
Old Apr 28, 2006, 6:56 am
Suspended

i've also heard wonderful things about the four points sydney though haven't stayed there myself.

but, i digress. this isn't a thread about best/worst four points.
Old Apr 28, 2006, 7:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
i've also heard wonderful things about the four points sydney though haven't stayed there myself.
My first 4P experience was at the 4P SYD, and I actually thought it was representative of all 4P

Last edited by mario33; Apr 28, 2006 at 11:53 am
Old Apr 28, 2006, 9:44 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Unfortunately, bad 4P properties far outnumber the good ones. It's too bad that Starwood can't just kill the brand and start over (which they could easily do with Aloft).
Old Apr 28, 2006, 9:55 am

Programs: UA Premier, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by SFOTRAVELER
Four Points Chelsea is great. Four Points Montreal is fabulous. You just can't generalize.
I agree on Montreal. I had a perfectly nice stay at the Four Points Minneapolis a couple of years ago, too -- the room was probably nicer than the one at the Sheraton Sioux Falls that I was in a week later.
Old Apr 28, 2006, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I put a family member at the Miami Beach Four Points through priceline and he also had a very unpleasant stay (problems with room, broken elevators, etc). I gave him the Starwood Customer Relations phone number (see omni thread) and they gave him points worth two free nights. He then went back for three nights, and they comped his whole stay. This time he found the property acceptable.

I generally agree with the assessment of Four Points. It's very much a crapshoot -- and the odds aren't on your side. They should definitely toss out the bottom half of the group and start over. It wouldn't be hard to figure out which hotels to let go.
Old Apr 28, 2006, 11:32 am

Only stayed in this property once many many years ago but I also had a dismal stay. An employee (most likely housekeeping) stole newly purchased cosmetics and perfume right out of my wife's suit case. Hotel management stated they weren't liable and offered a free night when we were next in Miami. We never took them up on this offer. Sad to hear that this hotel hasn't made any improvements over the years.
Old Apr 29, 2006, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Following up on my complaints, I today received an e-mail from the General Manager apologizing and telling me to get directly in touch with her next time I wish to stay at this hotel and she would make sure I get a good rate and preferential treatment....
Big deal really considering I will never stay there again!
Old Apr 29, 2006, 5:00 pm
Suspended

i stayed at the FP Miami a few years ago and thought it was mediocre, at best...esp. for the price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.