Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Daning [Master Thread]

Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Daning [Master Thread]

Old May 10, 2006, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Arrow Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Daning [Master Thread]

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060510/20060510005297.html?.v=1

Press Release Source: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Reaches a Milestone in China, Announcing Its 50th Hotel in Greater China: Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Daning
Wednesday May 10, 10:00 am ET
Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Daning Will Be the Ninth Starwood Hotel in Shanghai

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 10, 2006--Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: HOT - News) continues its aggressive expansion in China, announcing an agreement with Shanghai Forrester (Zhabei) Development Ltd. to manage the Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Daning. Starwood now has 50 hotels in Greater China, 25 of which are in operation and 25 under construction. Expected to open in 2008, the newly signed Four Points by Sheraton will be the ninth Starwood hotel in Shanghai, and the sixth Four Points by Sheraton in Greater China.

Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Daning will consist of 315 rooms, 11,840 square foot of meeting space, three food and beverage outlets, a health club, indoor swimming pool and a business center. The hotel will be part of the integrated "Daning - the Life Hub" which is an exciting, open-air, innovative and integrated urban lifestyle center which will soon debut in central Zhabei, north of Shanghai central business district. The Life Hub concept is the first of its kind in Shanghai, and is being constructed on a 592,000 square foot site with 15 high and low-rise buildings, 11 piazzas and courtyards, a mile long pedestrian promenade , retail center, hotel, grade "A" offices, home offices and residential apartments.

"We are honored to partner with Shanghai Forrester (Zhabei) Development Ltd. to establish this new hotel, which will be an excellent addition to our portfolio in Shanghai and in China," said Miguel Ko, President for Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Asia Pacific. "Keeping with Four Points by Sheraton's commitment to providing honest, uncomplicated comfort, this hotel will offer travelers a new kind of style combined with spirited "can do" service at an honest value."

China's economy grew by more than 10% in the first quarter of 2006 and inbound travel is expected to grow by 8% in the next five years. It is predicted that China will become the world's largest inbound tourism nation by 2019. Such strong growth is certainly a good sign for the travel industry, and for international hotel companies like Starwood. With this addition, Starwood will be able to offer travelers a choice of nine upscale hotels in the exciting cosmopolitan hub of Shanghai:

* Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Pudong (opening mid 2006)

* Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Daning (opening mid 2008)

* Sheraton Shanghai Hotel & Residences (opening 2008)

* W Shanghai - Pudong (opening 2008)

* Le Royal Meridien Shanghai (opening 2006)

* Le Meridien She Shan Shanghai

* The Westin Shanghai

* St. Regis Hotel, Shanghai

* Sheraton Grand Tai Ping Yang Hotel, Shanghai

Source: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 11:57 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
A quick review of the property

Writing this from the property right now. 180 rmb taxi ride to the hotel from PVG, and took almost an hour! 45 rmb to the center of the city. Taxi driver haven't heard of the hotel, but know the street, so best to give the street address and say Daning Road as the intersection(hotel staff told me this).

Property is located within a big shopping complex, variety of foods and shopping, so one need not to walk far in search for food. It is new with the fresh paint smell everywhere. Staff were extremely friendly, when I arrived it seems all the hotel staff were there to greet me like I was some VIP. I meant they literally lined both sides of the lobby, the manager on duty and director of rooms came to shake my hand and introduce themselves. I only had two pieces of luggage, but took two people to carry them for me! I had to split the tip!

Check-in was done in the room. Upgraded two levels from a $688 rmb standard room(28 sq meters) to $988 superior deluxe(50 sq meters), a decent size corner room with a seating area, large screen tv, fruit plate, water, 250 pts, & full breakfast at the restaruant! Beats any 4-pts I have ever stayed in the US. I would say this is the first 5-star 4-pts I have ever check myself into! Sheraton Grand Tai Ping Yang is a dump compare to this property.

Tomorrow I am checking myself into the Le Royal Méridien Shanghai, but at twice the rate! My third stay is at the Westin, that will complete my three stay for the Asia/MC promo!
Old Oct 9, 2007, 6:39 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Just completed a 3-night stay at Four Points Daning. The hotel was fully booked for the Special Olympic, however, upon check-in, I was upgraded to Deluxe Suite xx10 (original booked a comfort room). The suite is about 70 sq meters, the living room has 2 large sofas, 1 dining table with 4 chairs, 1 32" LCD TV, and a fax machine on the study desk. There are 2 full bathrooms: one is next to the living room with a bath tub, another one inside the bedroom with a walk-in shower. There is another LCD TV in the bedroom, the bed is comfortable, however, the sheets could have used more fabric softener. One weird thing about the room is that the hair dryer is hidden inside the bedroom desk draw, it took me over 5 minutes to locate it. Here are some photos I took:

Living room 1

Living room 2

Living room 3

Living room 4

LCD TV

Study desk

Bathroom (living room) 1

Bathroom (living room) 2

Bedroom 1

Bedroom 2

Bedroom 3

Bathroom (bedroom) 1

Bathroom (bedroom) 2

Last edited by rdchen; Oct 9, 2007 at 6:44 pm
Old Dec 23, 2007, 7:16 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
transportation?

hi ,

as i know that shanghai is getting busier every day, and sometimes you need 30min to go 10km, i was wondering if there is public transportation near by.

i am used to go by metro anyway as this is traffic free etc.

dp
Old Dec 23, 2007, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA, AA, NWA, Hilton, Marriott, *wood, Hertz
a subway station is within 5 min walking distance.

Originally Posted by derpelikan
hi ,

as i know that shanghai is getting busier every day, and sometimes you need 30min to go 10km, i was wondering if there is public transportation near by.

dp
Old Dec 23, 2007, 11:26 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by derpelikan
hi ,

dp
The closest one is Metro No.1 line YanChang Road (延长) station.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 2:14 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Great property. OK location.

Did multiple stays at at Four Points Daning in Shanghai this month. Very consistent (good) service. This was my first time staying at a Four Points outside North America, and I was amazed at how nice the property was! I did all nights on points.

Goodies as a Plat:
- welcome 15-min shoulder/back massage on 6th floor of the hotel
- daily free flow of drinks in the evenings
- upgrade to top floors' "superior deluxe" rooms (since I asked for 2 beds, I was given 2 double beds and a large sofa that can be used as a 3rd bed) - relatively large room with large bathroom compared to the ones I was used to in North America or Europe

Clean/relatively new gym and swimming pool. Attached to a complex with restaurants and across the street from commercial, pedestrian complex with cinema, Chinese food/fast food/bakeries, convenience store and Starbucks.

Transportation:
- Close to Yangchang Rd subway station (few stops from People's Square and Shanghai Train Station on Line 1)
- Taxi to Pudong Airport costs about Y150 and 30-60 minutes depending on traffic
Old Nov 14, 2008, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL Plat, BA Silver
Wow sounds like a pretty nice property. Question for the previous poster though... where were these "free flowing drinks" administered? It doesn't sound like this property has a lounge. Thanks!
Old Dec 16, 2008, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, HH Gold
I just finished stay there. This hotel treats platinums very well:
- free internet in room, normally costs RMB120 (lobby and business area is free also, but painfully slow)
- upgrade to suite (5 out of 5 times for me)
- no spg lounge, but they offer coupons for drinks in the lobby lounges
- free breakfast

Service is very good. Bell boys and front desk were eager to help. The cantonese restaurant in the hotel (near lobby) is excellent. Very good dim sum.

I would rate this as one of the best 4pts in the world. The really drawback is the location. Hotel is located in a re-developed residential area. Beside the mall, there's little else going on in the surroundings. The mall caters to the locals and the shops are only so so. You can find plenty of budget eating options though. The hotel is Cat 2 and you can't beat the value in Shanghai. The 4pts in Pudong is much lesser hotel and it's Cat 3.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 10:03 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
daning

i stayed at Four Points Daning a few times, and i liked staying there for:
- cheap (4k Starpoints per night)
- good service
- upgraded every time as a Plat to deluxe room (bigger and higher floor)
- welcome foot massage as a Plat
- walking distance from some familiar American shops such as Starbucks and KFC for quick drinks/bites
- close to subway
Old Nov 16, 2009, 4:49 pm

Programs: UAL - Premier, SPG - Plat
Smile Fantastic Property!!!

I just spent 15K points to get a 4 nights at the Four Points Daning for my parents trip to Shanghai. I'm currently a SPG gold and going after my first Plat after 2 years with SPG.

My dad told me that they got upgraded to the Deluxe suite (seating room, 3 bathroom, etc) 60+M room. He's especially estatic about the location of the hotel (near a shopping center with a lot of good food).

He asked me how did I amased all of my starwood point and I told him about BRG and Mattress run... He told me to make sure I keep doing what I'm doing to get the points. Even offering to help me research rates for my future stays!!!
Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
Daning visit, 9 March 2011

I am currently here in Daning and received a large corner room despite a late (2200) check in. Everything reported here still holds true, except for the foot massage, which I received a blank look from the front desk clerk when I asked about it. I checked in as a P; also received a welcome drink (Hoegaarden!), 500 points amenity (clerk said most Ps take the points, which is true) and breakfast buffet. The bacon here is GOOD!! Probably the best I've had in Asia. There was also an omelet station and the usual assortment of breakfast items (sausage, hot cakes, french toast, yoghurt, breads, etc). There was also a miso and congee station for those who want Japanese/Chinese breakfast too.

This is possibly the best deal in Shanghai and definitely nicer than a lot of the Sheratons I've been to in the US. The hotel is part of a lifestyle mall and condo redevelopment that's nice. I can see myself basing myself out here; excellent value from an excellent property.

How to get here: Metro Line 1, Yanchang Road Station. Leave by Exit 4 then make a left once you hit the street. Walk past the construction until you hit the outdoor mall area. Make a left into the outdoor mall; the hotel is in the back and really tall. Hard to miss.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.