Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Four Points Montreal Airport leaves Starwood 11/1/2008 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Montreal Airport leaves Starwood 11/1/2008 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2004, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Four Points Montreal Airport leaves Starwood 11/1/2008 [Master Thread]

i stay at the sheraton 4points dorval in montreal at least 2 times a week in winter and the heater NEVER works properly, always have to order one..my collegues have the same problem...and half of the rooms..the internet cable does not even work..i have no choice but to head to hilton
Old May 18, 2006, 10:58 pm
SST

Four Points Montreal Airport-ugh

Just made the mistake of spending the nite prior to an early flight at the former Sheraton, now 4Pts Montreal Airport. What a dump this place has become! The "suite" I was in featured a nonworking jacuzzi tub, which was on a platform that had clearly collapsed a half-inch, as the tile and grout had actually separated from the tub! It also had the cheesiest mobile-home shower enclosure-- what a suite.

Add in the floortile groutwork looking like an elementary schoolchild had tried to learn tilesetting, and the aging, curled-up friction tape, and the bathroom really would have been uniquely poor, but I guess the unclean tub moved it into the category of horrifying. I was too tired to complain, and just sacked out, got up around 5.

Asked at the desk how the stay was, I told them of the maintenance deficiencies. Any points for me? Any apology? Nah; just got told "I'll write it up". Thanks. And thanks for the platinum upgrade. -I won't be back-.
Old May 19, 2006, 7:39 pm

Programs: AC super Elite Starwood Lifetime Platinum
same experience several times... most problems indeed in bathrooms, with loose moldings, and the other things you describe. Been a couple years... but seems not much has ch anged...
Old May 20, 2006, 6:28 am

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
I know it won't change your opinion on that hotel, but I found it a great place for locals to get that extra night for promotions or that end of year matress run at 75-80$/night. Before the flaming start, I must add that I don't sleep there at all...
Old May 20, 2006, 7:52 am

Programs: AA(2MM)-Plt, HH-Gld, HY-Glb, ICAmb-Plt, SPG-Plt (Life), AMEX-Plt
I've stayed here too and have to agree with the sentiment posted. Other than for a cheap stay, I'd rather stay downtown and just get up a little earlier to get to the airport rather than be close to the airport.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Sheraton 4 Points Montreal Airport

Tried to make a reservation for Aug 9 on SPG website. I first did a search on all Montreal hotels, and Sheraton 4 Points at the airport was showing a rate of $130, but when I clicked on the Reserve link, the rates dropped to $53.41 which is the "Employee Hot Rate". If I reserve this rate, will I be challenged when I go to check in?
Old Jul 27, 2007, 12:21 pm

You will need to present your employee discount papers at check in.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 6:38 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by mtlfoodie
Wow. Amazing rates... Please do let us know how it works.
Unless an introduction letter from a Starwood HR source is produced at check-in, I assure you that it won't be.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Oct 20, 2008, 10:55 am

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
Four Points Montreal Airport rebranded as a Crowne Plaza

I was driving near the Four Points Montreal Airport this weekend and noticed new signs saying that this hotel would become soon a Crowne Plaza.

I guess it will happen very soon (Nov 1st?). I was not a big fan of this hotel but sad to see it leave Starwood family. Prices were quite good and free parking a big plus. Now the new Aloft will be the only one in YUL area.

I think Starwood should have at least one more hotel in airport area. Marriott have been very active recently and have multiple properties now including a brand new one (still under construction) who will be located in the terminal.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 5:37 pm

Well, Starwood recently opened the aloft Montreal Airport, which in a way does replace the four points. The link to their website is http://www.starwoodhotels.com/alofth...ropertyID=3044 Thank you for letting us know about the four points closure.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 9:24 am

The Aloft YUL is a lovely zen purist style hotel, but... it charges $10 per nite parking during vacation. No free parking while your gone.

Now with the 4points YUL changing banners, there will be no more starwood hotels in YUL that offer free parking during vacation. This put a damper on my starwood uses... shucks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.