Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Customs at CDG for connecting flight to BCN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Customs at CDG for connecting flight to BCN

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2006, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Question Customs at CDG for connecting flight to BCN

Having never been to Europe before, I'm a little nervous about our connection time at CDG. Our inbound flight from EWR is on CO with 1 hr 35 min layover before our AF departure to Barcelona.

Do we have to clear customs at CDG or BCN?

Do we have to wait for our luggage, drag it through customs and recheck it with AF?

Is ther a lot of real estate between CO & AF gates?

Since we are flying on One Pass std. rewards tix , I get the feeling AF might be less than accomodating if we got delayed and missed the flight.

Thanks!
Old May 30, 2006, 7:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Your luggage will be interlined to BCN. You do not need to pick it up and recheck. You will follow the sign for transiting passengers. I had a similar tight connection when flying to IST last fall and had no problems making my connection. As long as you don't dilly dally you will make it.
Old May 30, 2006, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
There are plenty of information about CDG on the Flying Blue (AF/KL) forum. Go go it up there.

But, in short:

- You go through immigration at CDG. France and Spain belong to the Schengen common travel area, so the CDG-BCN flight is like a US domestic one. Like prncess674 says, your baggage will be checked through, so no collecting of bags at CDG.

- CO arrives at CDG 2A. Air France use all terminals of CDG 2, so you should find out which terminal BCN flights go out of. www.adp.fr is the CDG site, or look up www.airfrance.com.

- Study the layout of CDG 2. There are maps on the official site. A/C/E is on the south side, B/D/F is on the north. A/B/C/D are separated from E/F by the TGV/RER train station and the Sheraton, but there are walkways all the way through.

- The terminals are not that far apart. While there are shuttle buses, don't bother with them. Once you get off the plane, ignore the transfer signs and just go into France. Once on the landside, then walk towards the terminal where your BCN flight departs, briskly. At the other terminal, you'll go through security, which shouldn't be a problem, and no passport control.

Last edited by rkkwan; May 30, 2006 at 7:48 pm
Old May 30, 2006, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Thank you both for the good info!
Old May 30, 2006, 6:58 pm

Programs: United GS 1MM, WN A-List, Marriott LTPPE, CLEAR
I do the IAD-CDG then on a few times a year. Most CDG-Europe flights head out of 2D. The immigration at 2A (where CO lands) are usually not to bad, hopefully you aren't too far back in the plane. Between 2A and 2C (they are on the same side) is an underground tunnel that comes up between 2D and 2B. Go down and through (ignore the shope), find your "gate" and then head through security. A little tip for 2D. If the security lines are REALLY BAD, go to the far left hand side of 2D (if you are looking at the tarmac). There is an escalator that heads down. I believe it is gate's D14-15. Head down the escalator. D14-15 are "behind you" but to your left is a small security line that is usually empty as not many people are using those gates. Once you head through, take the escalator back up and voila (couldn't resist) you are on the other side of the giant security line from upstairs.

Good Luck!

Last edited by bwicoplat; May 31, 2006 at 8:34 am Reason: immigration, not customs...and yes, they waive you through immigration too!
Old May 31, 2006, 8:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, 2.3 MM
France has customs? I never would have known it... They'll just wave you through...
Old May 31, 2006, 3:48 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
AF flights from CDG to BCN depart from 2F1 (the Schengen peninsula of 2F). Walking from 2A can take up to 15mn. Just walk to 2C, cross over, above the TGV station, to the North side of CDG2 (no road crossing, you are still inside the terminal) and walk over to 2F.

Enjoy your flights .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.