Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Orlando Airport Sheraton Suites [Master Thread]

Orlando Airport Sheraton Suites [Master Thread]

Old Mar 8, 2001, 6:19 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Arrow Orlando Airport Sheraton Suites [Master Thread]

Hi Gang,

Does anyone have any information on the Sheraton Suites Orlando International Airport?

How close to the attractions?

William
Old Mar 11, 2001, 10:30 am

This is a good airport choice but not very close at all to the attractions. Disney's 25 minutes without traffic, Universal's about 20.
Old Mar 11, 2001, 2:33 pm

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
Hey, Cigarman stays here all the time with the rugrats when he goes to disney. It is about a 25 minute drive. Works well to calm them down and possibly fall asleep. I like it because has a door that closes between the rooms. This allows dad to (possibly) sleep, with children in other room. Has a side by side room layout. This is nice, because there is only one neighbor adjoining the kids room (that they can annoy by shreiking!). Embassy suites down the block has the two rooms in a "shotgun" house approach. Therefore you have 2 neighbors to each room. The pool is indoors and outdoors (swim under a curtain).
What do you want to know about the property specifically? Or drop me an e-mail.
Old Sep 8, 2003, 8:01 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Orlando Airport Sheraton Suites

I stayed at this Hotel this past weekend. Rate AAA was 69.99 versus AAA at Hyatt MCO of 124.00. Upon arrival into baggage claim area call Hotel. They will direct you to pick-up location. Time to Hotel about 5 minutes tops. The shuttle back runs every 20 minutes at 20 40 and top of hour. Shuttle will drop you off at airline. Check-in was a little slow. They are very nice people. Given "upgrade" to "suite" with step out. I guess not all rooms have. Get a room facing to the courtyard and away from pool. Amenity offered, took points. Rooms are all suites and 500 sqf according to my confirm. Extremely clean. Room has frig, microwave, pull out sofa, two tvs. Only complaint was AC which blows directly onto the bed. A nice property for CMR into MCO.
Old Sep 8, 2003, 8:31 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, AA 2MM Platinum
RTW, staying one night this Thanksgiving and
appreciate the report. Any description of pool area or pool. Our stay will be with another family, total of five kids, so pool critical. Txs.
Old Sep 8, 2003, 8:43 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I did not make it out there. I can tell you that lots of people did. I checked in at 10:45 PM and people were just heading out. You can see people also coming from the pool area. Parking is free. There are a number of restaurants in the immediate area. The king bed was huge. The sofa bed was also a good size. The room had only one sink in the bathroom and no sink if I remember in the "kitchen" area. The toilet and shower shared the same room. That was a bit small. Close to freeway access to Universal and Disney. I did not hear any noise which surprised me. I would get something on the third floor (highest) and facing courtyard. The airport is very close so you can get noise I would assume from it. Bar was lively and I did not see the restaurant. I know the menu was very reasonable for a Hotel. I was looking at a sandwich. Enjoy. E-mail direct with anything else. But I think you know everything I know now. Regards
Old Sep 8, 2003, 7:44 pm

I've split my stays between this hotel and the nice Hilton Garden Inn just next door depending upon which program is offering (or not) special promotions (and lower prices).

The pool consists of half indoor and half outdoor portions, and the hotel restaurant is adjacent the indoor portion.

As for the problem of the AC vent blowing onto the bed, that is easily corrected... simply adjust each of the little vent flaps in the upward direction to direct airflow elsewhere.

If you stay in room 244 I've already done that for you!

Old Sep 8, 2003, 7:59 pm

I spent a night here last month and thought it was a nice property.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 4:17 am

Programs: DL LTG, SPG LTP, Mar. PLT
Orlando Airport Sheraton Suites

Staying at the Sheraton Suites, Orlando Airport this weekend.
Being an all suites hotel, any extras for Platinums, other than the 500 points ?

Casey
Old Oct 5, 2005, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by CaseyN2
Staying at the Sheraton Suites, Orlando Airport this weekend.
Being an all suites hotel, any extras for Platinums, other than the 500 points ?
I seem to recall a couple of bottles of water and some chips.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your basic Sheraton Suites and those usually don't have much to offer in the way of upgrades.

Another FlyerTalker and I stayed there in 2004, each with our own room there. We checked in simultaneously with the same Front Desk Clerk...both filled out our Platinum Amenity Card and returned it to her at the same time. He got his 500 point amenity posted. I did not and had to go chase after mine. Go figure.

Other than that, an OK stay. Nothing really memorable about it either direction...positive or negative. So I guess that's a positive review.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 10:31 pm

Programs: SPG, AA: PLAT; Hilton: Diamon, UAL: Premier Exec; IC_PriClub; 308 hours flying Boeing 707's
Free Buffet Breakfast

I recollect being given a free buffet breakfast when I asked about a club floor in April. I'm always grousing about a free breakfast since I work to hard (12 hours a day) excluding travel time and I spend to much time running (ran 6 miles this morning before work, ran a 10K and hiked Mt. Whitney (22 miles plus 7500 ft elevation change) this weekend). I politely explain (usually when arriving between 11 pm and midnight) that it really sucks I missed evening appetizers. I have an 8 am (or earlier) meeting and I could sure use a good breakfast. Maybe the night clerk has sympathy for me since I spend less than 7 hours in their hotel... Each time (Sheraton Detroit, Westin Nagoya, Sheraton Suites Orlando and some Westin in California) they were very firm that this was a one time deal.

-- Captain G
Old Oct 6, 2005, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by CaptainG
I recollect being given a free buffet breakfast when I asked about a club floor in April. I'm always grousing about a free breakfast since I work to hard (12 hours a day) excluding travel time and I spend to much time running (ran 6 miles this morning before work, ran a 10K and hiked Mt. Whitney (22 miles plus 7500 ft elevation change) this weekend). I politely explain (usually when arriving between 11 pm and midnight) that it really sucks I missed evening appetizers. I have an 8 am (or earlier) meeting and I could sure use a good breakfast. Maybe the night clerk has sympathy for me since I spend less than 7 hours in their hotel... Each time (Sheraton Detroit, Westin Nagoya, Sheraton Suites Orlando and some Westin in California) they were very firm that this was a one time deal.

-- Captain G

During my stay there... it was absolutely nothing. Nothing special in the room, no breakfast... etc. Room rate was cheap, however, with AAA rate.
Old Oct 6, 2005, 8:43 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA MM Lifetime Gold, BA Silver
one free beer

i stayed there a couple of times last december and each time i was given a voucher for a free beer at the hotel bar. a colleague of mine received the same thing. we are both plats. YMMV
Old Jan 8, 2006, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Orlando Airport Sheraton Suites -- $215/night ?!?!?

Need to spend a Sunday night near the MCO airport. Logic would suggest a rate somewhere around $100 for a property like this (Orlando hotel prices are historically reasonable). Not any more. The regular "discount" rate is now $215. That strikes me as fairly insane. By comparison the Sheraton Safari near WDW is $109.

Looks like priceline or points (4000).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.