Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Le Parker Méridien Palm Springs [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Parker Méridien Palm Springs [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2006, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
Arrow Le Parker Méridien Palm Springs [Master Thread]

Anyone stay here recently? How are they with upgrades?
Old Jul 6, 2006, 11:17 pm

Le Meridian Parker Palm Springs, best room/location

Booked a "standard, limited view" room. I've been there for dinner, but never stayed overnight so know there are 3-4 buildings, plus the villas/suites - but the website and a call to the hotel couldn't confirm where these rooms are located.

Anyone know which is best for a standard room or have other suggestions as to the best location on the property?

Thanks.

Last edited by sfcaFLYER; Jul 7, 2006 at 7:53 am
Old Jul 19, 2006, 9:33 am

I think the standard limited view rooms are probably in the main building. I'm not certain of that though. I booked a deluxe room, did a best rate guarantee (Starwood=$250, Expedia=$150). They check you in in the room. Based on my lowly SPG corporate status, I got upgraded to a Villa (rack rate $2500). They were pisssed when they saw my best rate guarantee email.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 9:34 am

I got upgraded to a villa from a deluxe. I'm only SPG corporate. not bad for $150 a night =)
Old Jul 19, 2006, 4:31 pm

Programs: Marriott - Titanium, AA - Lifetime Gold
I think the best upgrade would be to another city. It's 113 degrees there now!
Old Jul 19, 2006, 4:42 pm

I went from "limited view standard" to deluxe lanai (north bldg, first floor) last weekend. Not sure if it was because I was Gold or they were just nice.
Very hot. Very hot. Very hot.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 4:58 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by sfcaFLYER
Very hot. Very hot. Very hot.
Does it cool off at night so playing tennis is a reasonable activity? I notice they have clay courts which is very rare here in CA.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 12:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat, UA 1P, Marriot Silver
I've stayed here on business and its a good property. i do prefer the westin in rancho mirage a lot more. like mentioned above if your a pts whore, you don't get pts nor stay credits. although the rates for this place are usually alot cheaper than the westin property. sometimes a hundred or more cheaper.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 5:30 pm

Programs: Platinum, MM - SPG lifetime Gold
Parker Palm Springs in need of a facelift

I saw that the Parker in Palm Springs was offering a nice package for $199 which included a room and a $200 credit to use on food, liquor or spa (you pick one). Decided to check out the property and was amazed to see a property in such poor condition. The landscaping was terrible, weeds everywhere, non manicured shrubs, trash in the bushes and so on. I noticed a guy playing tennis without a shirt, not my idea of a category 5 property. Am I missing something about this property, I understand the history but it doesn't excuse the condition.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 9:06 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by Always on a plane
I saw that the Parker in Palm Springs was offering a nice package for $199 which included a room and a $200 credit to use on food, liquor or spa (you pick one). Decided to check out the property and was amazed to see a property in such poor condition. The landscaping was terrible, weeds everywhere, non manicured shrubs, trash in the bushes and so on. I noticed a guy playing tennis without a shirt, not my idea of a category 5 property. Am I missing something about this property, I understand the history but it doesn't excuse the condition.
The whole property was redone around two years ago-and launched as a reborn hotel(featured on a Bravo tv show)If it already looks shabby(suprsing if that is indeed the case)then they need to look at their management team.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 10:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Originally Posted by Always on a plane

Did you get any Upgrade as a Platinum?
Old Nov 18, 2008, 5:17 pm

Programs: Platinum, MM - SPG lifetime Gold
I was planning on staying there and went over to take a look since I had never been there before. Was thinking it would be a nice place to go for turkey day.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
The whole property was redone around two years ago-and launched as a reborn hotel(featured on a Bravo tv show)If it already looks shabby(suprsing if that is indeed the case)then they need to look at their management team.
So this is the same one featured in the TV series. Wow, hard to believe a GM with the detail-mania displayed in that show would let the place slip...but then it also revealed a lot about the calibre of staff who work at US hotels and how pathetic they are. Seemed that the room service staff were the best in the house, the rest rather pathetic. Going to PS in February and the Westin never seemed to have the recent promotional rate available, so maybe this one is worth a try for a night or two.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 2:44 pm

Programs: SPG Plat/Hyatt Plat/DL/AmexPlat/CO
Stayed at the Parker two nights ago - pretty disappointed. This is the most disjointed property (physically) that I have ever seen. Very old - but with fairly new carpet and paint. My room was in the main building (South) - but i don't believe I received an upgraded room - in spite of asking them for one. The restaurant was closed so cannot comment on it. This is a property for people in their 20's or 30's - played "Wave" music in the lobby area all night. The good news is the service - the staff was incredible and very helpful (except for the check-in clerk). Why SPG has this property in their portfolio I have no idea -
Old Dec 6, 2008, 6:56 pm
Community Director Emerita

$99 rates until Dec 29

I just received an email from the hotel, announcing rates as low as $99 thru Dec 29 that must be booked by December 12. The special rate plan is LTO125.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.