Search

Private Carribbean Honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2006, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat - 2MM, SPG Gold
Private Carribbean Honeymoon

Hi -

Getting married in May and looking for someplace very upscale, remote and quiet for honeymoon. We are wanting carribbean for travel reasons from US. I've stayed at the Peter Island Resort in BVI and it was perfect, except new wifey would not appreciate going where I went with the First wifey.

Any suggestions from the peanut gallery? Where have y'all been to that's been heavenly? I would love to reap the rewards of SPG, but they just don't have private enough!
Old Jul 10, 2006, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
Necker Island would definitely be private - rather pricey, but as private as you can get!
Old Jul 10, 2006, 3:22 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
The new Amanyara in the Turks & Caicos would fit the bill. Haven't been there yet, though it is definitely very small, very private, quiet and exclusive.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 3:22 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Or, you might want to consider renting a villa on Mustique.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 3:23 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by digideals
Hi -

Getting married in May and looking for someplace very upscale, remote and quiet for honeymoon. We are wanting carribbean for travel reasons from US. I've stayed at the Peter Island Resort in BVI and it was perfect, except new wifey would not appreciate going where I went with the First wifey.

Any suggestions from the peanut gallery? Where have y'all been to that's been heavenly? I would love to reap the rewards of SPG, but they just don't have private enough!
Cap Juluca on Anguilla
Jumby Bay on Antigua
Ladera on St. Lucia
Old Jul 10, 2006, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Wow! Four replies in 10 minutes - Keep them coming! You gotta love the power of the FT Community - thanks everyone.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 4:05 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Mustique is pretty great as is St. Barth's. The most beautiful and private island of all, that I have visited is Jost Van Dkye.It was so private that there were no hotels at the time we dropped anchor there. Perhaps there is lodging available now. (Couldn't find any on Google).
Old Jul 10, 2006, 4:10 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by KatW
Ladera on St. Lucia
We stayed here in Feb. Unfortunately, we were underwhelmed - despite it being picked as #1 hotel in the world in a recent travel survey. It simply didn't have its act together servicewise. Rooms were rustic in a childhood camp sort of way, not a cool way. The view of course was stellar - and the restaurant appears to be the place for any celeb anchored in a yacht off shore to come for lunch.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 4:34 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We stayed here in Feb. Unfortunately, we were underwhelmed - despite it being picked as #1 hotel in the world in a recent travel survey. It simply didn't have its act together servicewise. Rooms were rustic in a childhood camp sort of way, not a cool way. The view of course was stellar - and the restaurant appears to be the place for any celeb anchored in a yacht off shore to come for lunch.
The survey was Conde Naste Traveler's reader survery. Clearly, survey's like this are very subjective. And I value Andrew Harper's opinion more when it comes to best of the best. I do not consider the Ladera luxury if you are comparing this to a Four Season's, Aman, One & Only, etc. resort, but if you set expectations of it being a "rustic", very small (25 units) resort, you shouldn't be disappointed. It is a very wonderful, extremely private place to escape for a honeymoon. The view is world-class and the experience is unduplicated elsewhere.

I'd recommend the Villas, but the last suite I had - Suite W, was great, because it was almost to the end of the suites. I personally think this would be the ideal places for a Carribean honeymoon because there are no phones, no televisions, no 4th wall, and you are able to relax.

The key to a successful stay at the Ladera is leaving any excess baggage and expectations at home.

The website doesn't do it justice.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SPG does actually have some fairly private stuff. Like off Puerto Vallarta, Greece, Sardinia. Not sure about Caribbean though.

In terms of making suggestions, what's your price range? Do you want all-inclusive?

It sounds like you want private island / villa type property..

I would also say Necker and Mustique are the first that come to mind in terms of private Islands.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
SPG does actually have some fairly private stuff. Like off Puerto Vallarta, Greece, Sardinia. Not sure about Caribbean though.

In terms of making suggestions, what's your price range? Do you want all-inclusive?

It sounds like you want private island / villa type property..

I would also say Necker and Mustique are the first that come to mind in terms of private Islands.

I think an All Inclusive would be first choice (or something that would be included...)

Price range - looking to spend about $500 - $750 a night, more if experiance would be that much more amazing.

I've also stumbled upon Thailand. I hear it's far less expensive once there and we could make it more of a destination, stay a week at the beach and a week site seeing.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've got you one (courtesy of Forbes best all-inclusive)

petit st vincent resort, grenadines

This resort is one of the most secluded and romantic in the world. The 113-acre island has only 22 cottages. To ensure privacy, guests communicate with staff via a system of flags. Raising yellow flag indicated a food or beverage emergency while yellow means do not disturb. Hobie Cats, Sunfish, windsurfers, kayaks, snorkeling and three meals a day are all included. Rates start at $585 per night based on double occupancy.

For more information, call (954) 963-7401.

http://www.psvresort.com/html/rates/rates_honey06.html

$3910 for 7 nights + $550 for additional nights

The Honeymoon Package Includes:
• Massage for two in the privacy of your own cottage or on your cottage patio
• Three meals per day
• Afternoon tea daily
• Champagne in room on arrival
• Unlimited room service
• Tennis night and day
• Picnic for two on a tiny deserted tropical island
• Unlimited use of Hobie Cats, windsurfers and Sunfish Sailing Dinghies, Spyaks and snorkeling equipment
• Service charges and taxes on the room

Not sure what "A 10% service charge will be added to beverage rates." means..

Seems like only thing you pay for are massages and boat charters.

In terms of privacy I'd say Necker > Petit St Vincent > Mustique.

Now, if you're considering other areas than the Caribbean, I would recommond exploring the options Starwood has in Greece and this private island off Puerto Vallarta > http://www.elcareyesresort.com/

It's always good to be earning 3-4x starpoints per dollar spent, as you probably can't get an award stay in the top rooms/villas.

(Of course, Starwood props wouldn't be all-inclusive..)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 10, 2006 at 5:08 pm
Old Jul 10, 2006, 7:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Montpelier Inn on Nevis.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 5:19 am

Petit St. Vincent would be the most romantic and secluded. Very personalized service, no TV, radio or phones. Hard to get to but worth it. It makes it that much more special. I had gone there for many years.

Alternatively try Little Dix if you want something with more action but not over done.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 7:10 am

Programs: US *G (AF, BA)
Cool

I did like the Bucuti Beach Resort on Aruba.
The beach is fantastic! The hotel is quiet and the new Tara Wing Suites or Penthouses are just great!
I would avoid the high rise hotels there, as you have to share the beach with lots of people!
When I was there with my partner, we could see sea-turtles hedge one of the nights, which was a stunning experience!

Otherwise I'd check on www.slh.com

A place I really really like to go to some time would be Dolphin Island

Or check for some Nature Travel at Inkaterra Resorts

JN ;-}

Last edited by Jack Napier; Jul 11, 2006 at 7:17 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.