Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Ile Maurice (Mauritius) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien Ile Maurice (Mauritius) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2004, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Le Meridien Ile Maurice (Mauritius) [Master Thread]

Has any one got any info on Le Meridian Mauritius??

I have read the Web site but was looking for any personal / stay report info.

Thanks for any help.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
I have a reservation here next September, and would also appreciate comments.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 6:56 am

We stayed there in January 2004 as the hotel (formerly a Radisson) had just been reopening under the Meridien brand.

Nice room, but a lot of mosquitoes and small flies that can be a problem.
Sound insulation between rooms not really sufficient.
We had to run after chamber maids to get daily refills of soap or shampoo.

Good quality restaurants.

The beach is nice but not very large.
Nice pool (a bit small).
Good diving club.

As always in Mauritius good service and smiling people.

We know that they kept most of the staff from the Radisson era and obviously some of them were still working in the "Radisson" way...
But I heard other reports about the hotel and people seem to be generally satisfied, although it is a 4 star hotel, but not a 5 star one.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 7:05 am

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Thanks Joelle!!

We are also looking at Saint Geran, but it sure is a huge jump in price.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 7:19 am

oops... The Saint-Geran will definitely mean a high jump in prices....

Another option, a more affordable one maybe, would be the Sofitel Imperial in Flic-en-Flac which we also stayed at and this is a very nice hotel.

Very large rooms (almost 50 sq meters), excellent service, good restaurants (a bit pricy though), but this is a nice place, more of a real 5 stars level.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 9:14 am

Programs: US Gold, BA Silver, SPG Plat, Hilton Silver, Marriott Plat, Hertz 1Gold
Master Thread: Le Meridien Ile Maurice (Mauritius)

Trying to find out some info from anyone who's stayed there in the past six months. I have read on Tripadvisor that its great and finally a Starwood property exists there. I am looking to go there with 3 friends in November and am in charge of making the bookings.

1) Any MAJOR pros and cons about the place?
2) Is the $$ worth it or should I check out another property?
3) What benefits if any do they extend to Starwood Plats?

Any help would be appreciated.

DC FLYERBOY
Old Mar 15, 2007, 7:36 am

Programs: Starwood, AA
Any updates?

has anyone been to this hotel? i'm considering going, and can't find much info. anything at all would be appreciated.

thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2007, 8:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Haven't seen much on this hotel except:

http://www.starwoodlobby.com/archive...idien_ile.html
Old Mar 15, 2007, 8:46 am

I stayed there three years ago when the hotel had just reopened under Le Meridien brand (no Starwood at the time) after being a Radisson hotel.

At the time, the staff had difficulty to realize they had changed from Radisson to Le Meridien level... (no upgrade, a room full of mosquitoes...), but the food in the various restaurants was excellent.

Hopefully the integration into the Starwood Group is now completed.

The beach is rocky (special shoes to be taken), and there was a good dive club.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Joelle
I stayed there three years ago when the hotel had just reopened under Le Meridien brand (no Starwood at the time) after being a Radisson hotel.

At the time, the staff had difficulty to realize they had changed from Radisson to Le Meridien level... (no upgrade, a room full of mosquitoes...), but the food in the various restaurants was excellent.

Hopefully the integration into the Starwood Group is now completed.

The beach is rocky (special shoes to be taken), and there was a good dive club.
thanks. how's mauritium in general? is there much to do on the island? i will be visiting south africa and considering mauritius as a beach add-on to relax for a bit before heading back. did you like it and would you go again?
Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:29 am

We enjoyed quite much our trip to Mauritius (apart from our 2 day delay with Air Mauritius due to a cyclonic alert + an ill passenger). The island is pretty, people are quite nice.
Good beaches, but it does not compare with the Seychelles. You can either visit the island, or just relax at your hotel.

Very nice hotels, maybe among the most beautiful on earth, but outrageously overpriced...

We liked the destination and would not mind going back (hopefully with no delay this time...).
Old Mar 15, 2007, 4:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
There are some touristy things to do inland but the main attraction is the beach. Most beaches on Mauritius have a very shallow area (1-3 meters deep) that can extend up to seveal kilometers out toward the ocean. After the reef there's a big drop off to the open ocean. Since it's protected, there's a lot to do like snorkelling, water skiing, windsurfing, kayaking, parasailing, swimming, etc. Many of the top hotels offer all inclusive water sports, depending on the package you book. It's a big destination for Europeans; much less so for Americans. We went there on our honeymoon (to Mauritius, not to the Le Meridien) and really liked it. By the way, there are definitely seasons and you want the dry season, not the monsoon/rainy season.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 2:51 pm

For stunning white sandy beaches you should look at North East side of the island. There you have several 5-star resorts with varying flavour. Some pure romance, some more active and some more aimed at families.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...9,0.173035&t=h

We go to a resort called Beau Rivage as we usually are a big group, with some children. I like it very much. Great hospitality, good food, excellent activites and if you really feel like you don't have do a thing

I recommend Mauritius very much. Especially the better resorts.
Old May 22, 2007, 3:14 pm

getting to Ile Maurice?

what's the best way to get to Ile Maurice? i will be staying there for 2 days and wouldn't mind just chilling at the hotel..how much does the transfer from hotel cost? are taxis an option? if so, how much?
is it better to rent a car for 2 days?
thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2007, 7:21 am

Programs: DL Silver
bumpity bump

Heading to the Le Meridien later this month for a wedding (friend of my wife). We're going to be there for 3 full days not including arrival & departure days, and one of my questions is -- what should we do about ground transportation? On arrival day I figure we're going to be too blown to do anything other than hit the hotel and crash, and that can be accomplished via cab. But I am COMPLETELY unfamiliar with Mauritius; should we rent a car for the duration of our stay, or just rely on cabs/local transit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.