Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Chelsea New York City [Master Thread]

Four Points Chelsea New York City [Master Thread]

Old Mar 4, 2004, 2:05 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Arrow Four Points Chelsea New York City [Master Thread]

IT looks official, from the press release just sent out:

http://www.starwood.com/corporate/news.html

Of interest for SPG-ers from the press release (since it's important to ATTRIBUTE your source

"In honor of its opening, Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea is offering a special "Four Your Comfort" package, with rates starting at $169 for the first night and $40 off a second night's stay through May 1, 2004. In addition to complimentary high-speed Internet access, bottled water and newspapers in guest rooms, this introductory package also includes a complimentary champagne turndown. For reservations, book online at www.fourpoints.com or call 1-800-368-7764 and mention promotional code FOUR1. Some restrictions apply. Visit the website for terms and conditions."

Could also be an option for the Freddies weekend?

On another note: can't seem to get on the spg.com website. Maybe it's because Everyone's booking the 4 Points Chelsea.

[This message has been edited by Catman (edited Mar 04, 2004).]
Old Mar 4, 2004, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the news.

It's on the spg.com website's hotel listing again now, but they don't seem to be "live" with the reservations system yet as all dates come up zero.

The web site still states "April 1" as the date they are accepting reservations, but I think that's just out-of-date. Like I said, I can't get availability even after April 1.

I called the hotel directly and they do indeed now answer the phone "Four Points" now. She said she didn't know if they were online reservations-wise with Starwood but they are taking reservations there.

This is a category 4 Four Points! Yikes. And even the "Rates Starting At" of $169 is higher than the current $159 rate at The Russel (sometimes they have as low as $149). Haven't stayed at the Four Points yet so I can't rate it in comparison to The Russel. But that seems a bit high to me for a Four Points and the competition.

[This message has been edited by PremEx (edited Mar 04, 2004).]
Old Mar 4, 2004, 2:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
what are the odds this one has HS Internet access up and running and its at no additional charge????
Old Mar 4, 2004, 3:22 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TrojanHorse:
what are the odds this one has HS Internet access up and running and its at no additional charge????</font>
100%. Or, it would never been allowed to open as a new Four Points.

Even the press release says "complimentary high speed Internet access".

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Starwood Lurker (edited Mar 04, 2004).]
Old Mar 4, 2004, 3:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
thanks lurker, actually I tried to find it on Fourpoints.com but couldn't (for 3/19-21) so I never saw the hotel website..

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Starwood Lurker:
100%. Or, it would never been allowed to open as a new Four Points.

Even the press release says "complimentary high speed Internet access".

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

</font>
Old Mar 4, 2004, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just FYI:

http://www.starwood.com/preferredgue...ropertyID=1499

And on this Starwood site, it states:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Internet Service Provided in All Rooms (Charge)</font>
Better notify the web gurus, Lurker!

Old Mar 4, 2004, 4:22 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PremEx:
Just FYI:

http://www.starwood.com/preferredgue...ropertyID=1499

And on this Starwood site, it states:

Better notify the web gurus, Lurker!

</font>
That is the old web site for this hotel, which is still "live" at the moment, but appeares to have been disabled as far as confirming bookings is concerned. When it is resurrected, the property number will be changed, and hopefully, the charge information will go away and you will once again be able to confirm reservations there online.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Old Mar 11, 2004, 8:19 pm

I was just able to book online for 3/16/04 at the Starwood website.

http://www.starwood.com/fourpoints/s...ropertyID=1408

The room description in the rate ($169) includes high speed internet. "2 DOUBLE BEDS
TRADITIONAL NON-SMOKING HIGH SPEED INTERNET CONNECTION LARGE WORK AREA IN RM SAFE 2 TELEPHONES IN RM, 210 SQ FT. MODERN DESIGN APPOINTED WITH QUALITY FURNISHINGS & BEDDING. WORK STATION ERGONOMIC CHAIR, DUAL PHONE LINES."
Old Mar 11, 2004, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">210 SQ FT</font>
Man, that's tiny! I usually consider 325 sq.ft as tiny!

Or to quote Rodney Dangerfield:

"My room was so small, that when I put the key in the door...I broke the window!"
Old Mar 20, 2004, 11:47 pm

Programs: UA 1P (residual DL, US, AS), SPG
I just made reservations via phone for April 10-13. They quoted $169 first night, $199 next two nights (this is in line with the opening promotion?).

I was told that they did not name it as Four Points "until the restaurant was completed."
Old Mar 21, 2004, 8:47 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I picked a week in May when I'm having problems getting in elsewhere, and am getting qouted $284/night ($15 less than rack).
Old Mar 24, 2004, 12:45 pm

If anyone stays here or pops in for a visit, please give us a report! I am new to SPG and *Wood properties in general, and staying here April 10-13. Thanks in advance...
Old Mar 24, 2004, 7:48 pm

I stayed at the Four Points Manhattan this week.

There are 22 floors, and 8 small rooms per floor. No platinum upgrade offered. I'm not sure if they have any suites, and if they do, where they would be.

The beds are comfortable, nearly as good as the Sheraton beds. Although the rooms are small, oddly enough the bathrooms are spacious for NYC (and are brand new remodeled).

Free internet is wired (ISP is Wayport). Fast and reliable. Bring your own cable.

Avoid the odd numbered floors. These have an industrial-size ice machine sitting in the cramped hallway, that comes on every hour and runs for 15 minutes or so, as loud as a jet engine. On open space under the room door means there is no sound insulation from hallway noise.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 12:31 pm

Our even-numbered floor had an ice machine as well, but we were at the opposite end of the hall (#801) which is not that long. Never heard it.

Check-in and check-out were a breeze.

The lobby is quite small, the bar is tiny, the restaurant did not look appealing. Staff was quite courteous and efficient. We were greeted warmly, even when arriving back from evenings out at 6am and 4am on two consecutive nights (mornings). ^

The room was sufficient, the bathroom floor was charcoal slate, shower and water pressure were fine. Large armoir closet. I was disappointed that the clock did not have a CD-player in it (this is a relatively inexpensive amenity for Starwood to provide), as would be umbrellas in the lobby for guests -- it poured for two of the four days.

Location is great between Times Square and the West Village. Best feature is the enormous Whole Foods market around the corner on 24th St. at 7th Avenue. I was surprised to see an outpost of this chain which we have in California, and especially so large for New York...just huge. Great place to grab your morning coffee/latte/libation, and any manner of lunch, snack, or picnic supply. Truly wonderful for packing up "eats on the go" if you are running around all day.

I would return.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It sounds like the rooms are indeed tiny (especially if they are indeed only 210 sq ft). I'm just wondering if you would rather stay at say The Russell or one of the other Starwoods with larger rooms and more services (or better upgrade chances) if the price was the same?

Reading the review of this hotel, it almost sounds like a complete clone of the new Hampton Inn Chelsea! 8 small rooms to a floor, small lobby, small dining room, etc. It didn't happen to have a footprint like this did it?

http://members.aol.com/premexfiles/hampNYCfloor.gif

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.