Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Mistakes in Hemispheres magazine's route map

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2006, 6:26 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'
Original Poster

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum

I was bored on my flight today and perusing the route map in the July Hemispheres and noticed a number of mistakes:

SEA-YVR still listed as a UX route. This has been an AC Jazz only route for a while now.

SEA-PSC still listed as a UX route. UA doesn't fly this route anymore.

LAX-BOI not shown. This route has been active for at least a month if I'm not mistaken.

MDW-IAD not shown. I realize it's being cut, but not until September, so no reason it shouldn't be on the July map.

ORD-ANC not shown. I know it's seasonal, but it should still be on there.

Those were just the ones I noticed off the top of my head, there's probably more. Seems like a pretty easy thing to stay on top of. I'm guessing UA probably cut the staff in charge of this type of upkeep
Old Jul 21, 2006, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold
Among other mistakes, they also list CDG-SFO as a route, but it was cancelled some time ago.... I think they must have laid off the editor of the route map during bankruptcy!
Old Jul 21, 2006, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by g_leyser
I was bored on my flight today and perusing the route map in the July Hemispheres and noticed a number of mistakes:

SEA-YVR still listed as a UX route. This has been an AC Jazz only route for a while now.

SEA-PSC still listed as a UX route. UA doesn't fly this route anymore.

LAX-BOI not shown. This route has been active for at least a month if I'm not mistaken.

MDW-IAD not shown. I realize it's being cut, but not until September, so no reason it shouldn't be on the July map.

ORD-ANC not shown. I know it's seasonal, but it should still be on there.

Those were just the ones I noticed off the top of my head, there's probably more. Seems like a pretty easy thing to stay on top of. I'm guessing UA probably cut the staff in charge of this type of upkeep
Very observant and you really know the system! I have been (silly me) relying on this source for quite some time.

Thanks for the report!
LWW
Old Jul 21, 2006, 6:51 pm

Programs: Lots
JFK-NRT still missing too...
Old Jul 21, 2006, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, *Wood Plat (Gold Lifetime)
Man...you really were bored. Good eye though.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 7:07 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Every week I look at that route map dreaming of where I will go with my miles (especially when the had the IAD ATW program) I always take for granted that I can go any route a line lands.

Never mind proofreading, I have trouble following the lines across the page break
Old Jul 21, 2006, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
DEN-RFD It says Ted service but we know it's express. This is one route where I wouldn't mind seeing Teddy.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
It still shows the routes into San Jose, CR as well.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 5:34 am

Programs: Star Alliance, UA 1p, SkyTeam
Is it printed on the page when exactly that route map was an accurate representation of UA flights? If not, can you place it?
Old Jul 22, 2006, 6:56 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
it would be nice if the website had the same map with all the route lines. I find it useless to look at those maps to find out exactly where UA goes instead of a codeshare, and surprise, they go everywhere! (useless)
Old Jul 22, 2006, 7:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by TA
it would be nice if the website had the same map with all the route lines. I find it useless to look at those maps to find out exactly where UA goes instead of a codeshare, and surprise, they go everywhere! (useless)
This is one I found to see actual destinations http://www.airlineroutemaps.com/USA/...Airlines.shtml

Also, I don't know about hempspheres, but the website for some time has shown Flint, MI (FNT) as a destination... there is no UA service or any *A carrier there.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 11:08 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
This is one I found to see actual destinations http://www.airlineroutemaps.com/USA/...Airlines.shtml
Thanks for the link ^ - still not 100% accurate, but much better than anything that UA provides
Old Jul 22, 2006, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
I keep chuckling because TLL (Tallinn, Estonia) is missing from the European Map. Both LH and SK fly there.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 1:48 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bluehen1
I keep chuckling because TLL (Tallinn, Estonia) is missing from the European Map. Both LH and SK fly there.
Actually that's because there are no UA codeshare flights to TLL. The Hemispheres map only shows flights that UA codeshares on.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 11:42 am

Programs: UA 1P, Rapid Rewards, SkyMiles
Arrow Missing SQ nonstop service from US to SIN

I've also noticed that SQ's LAX-SIN and JFK-SIN flights are not listed as Star Alliance routes on UA's map. Do you think UA doesn't want flyers to know that they can fly non-stop to SIN from the east and west coasts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.