Community
Wiki Posts
Search

almost 2 yr old to miami

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2006, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

almost 2 yr old to miami

Why cant they make these direct flights!? Are there any hints to keeping a toddler busy "on your lap" for that long ways???
Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:31 pm

Programs: *wood Gold, Marriott Gold, DL Silver, Hilton Silver, F9 Ascent
Originally Posted by tryinthis2
Why cant they make these direct flights!? Are there any hints to keeping a toddler busy "on your lap" for that long ways???
As a lap child he (she?) won't have a luggage allotment but you can bring a diaper bag as an extra carry-on. We just made a road trip to Las Vegas (9 hour drive) and my wife "dissapeared" a few toys over the last two weeks. So, when our 13 month old got antsy, out came a "new" toy to keep him occupied. We learned that last year from the folks here on FT ^ You might try that trick. Just keep the "new" toy in the under-seat bag.

How long are your flights and where are you connecting through? Could you time the flights around naptimes? Or maybe skip the usual nap(s) so that he'll be tired enough to sleep--which doesn't work with our kid, he gets verrrrrrry angry when he misses a nap Finally, though I don't endorse it, some have suggested a mild sedative (Benadryl, Dimmetap etc) to keep kids calm in-flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.