Community
Wiki Posts
Search

will this work?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2006, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

will this work?

I was told I lost my miles because of no activity but I just realized I had rented a car (alamo) last year and never got my miles for it. they told me it must be within 1 yr. well it's 1 yr and like 5 days. I sent them the copy of the receipt but never got my miles.

What are my chances? If I make a stink will it work?
Old Aug 1, 2006, 9:00 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Well, it depends. A year seems like a long time for most programs, and you may be out of luck. Please post what airline you're talking about -- a moderator will move your thread to the appropriate forum, where people may be able to answer your question.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tryinthis2
I was told I lost my miles because of no activity but I just realized I had rented a car (alamo) last year and never got my miles for it. they told me it must be within 1 yr. well it's 1 yr and like 5 days. I sent them the copy of the receipt but never got my miles.

What are my chances? If I make a stink will it work?
I'm not an expert, but it seems to me that this post isn't really closely related to Mileage Runs.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
Originally Posted by gemac
I'm not an expert, but it seems to me that this post isn't really closely related to Mileage Runs.
Agree -

Perhaps OP could specify which FF program he/she participated in and mods could move this to the appropriate board
Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:11 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by jpdx
Please post what airline you're talking about
A similar thread in the Alamo forum by the OP refers to AA. Please don't move it to AA, though, as he has already started a thread there, too:
LOST AA miles!
Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tom911
A similar thread in the Alamo forum by the OP refers to AA. Please don't move it to AA, though, as he has already started a thread there, too:
LOST AA miles!
Perhaps our moderators could help the OP out with his understanding of Flyertalk's cross-posting policy.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT->GLD|HH Gold|SPG PLT->GOLD|HGP Gold|MR Silver
I'm going to close this thread, as the issue is already being discussed in the AA forum.

That being said, I do want to remind everyone that if you have an issue with a post, use the Report Bad Post button to notify the moderators. We don't have the bandwidth to read every single post in the forum, so that's the easiest way to alert us to issues within the forums.

Also remember that posts such as most of these replies are just as inappropriate according to the TOS as posting in the wrong forum or cross-posting to more than one forum. Some of you should most definitely know better.

Dave, a.k.a. dmfriedman
Moderator, Mileage Run

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.