Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

2500 Bonus Points for Additional SPG Cardholder

Old Aug 10, 2006, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, CO Gold, AA Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, Citigroup Chairman

FYI, I got a targetted offer yesterday, which said this:

Take your loved ones on vacation even sooner.
Just turn their purchases into Starpoints® by giving them the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express.(1) When you add someone to your account, they'll enjoy the same great Card benefits you do, and you'll earn Starpoints for all their eligible purchases. You'll be amazed at how much faster Starpoints can add up. And now, for a limited time, earn 2,500 bonus Starpoints for the first Additional Card you add. (2)

Add as many Additional Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Cards as you like. Each comes with:
No annual fee
The ability to earn Starpoints at the same rate as your Card
Itemized and separated charges on monthly statements for your convenience
The great retail and travel benefits of American Express
Earn Starpoints even faster by adding Cardmembers to your account. Visit americanexpress.com/starwoodbp today.

I called and even though I have an additional cardholder already, I had to get an additional one with this offer in order to qualify. I called and confirmed that it was okay to put myself as another additional cardholder in order to receive the bonus points. Happy Hunting!

Jayzee9
Old Aug 10, 2006, 9:27 am

Programs: AA PLT | HHonors Gold | Starwood Gold*
looks nice. Did you get this thru email or postal?

Adding yourself. lol ^
Old Aug 10, 2006, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, CO Gold, AA Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, Citigroup Chairman
Email.

Originally Posted by cali99boy
looks nice. Did you get this thru email or postal?

Adding yourself. lol ^
I received it through email..
Old Aug 10, 2006, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by jayzee9
FYI, I got a targetted offer yesterday, which said this:

I called and even though I have an additional cardholder already, I had to get an additional one with this offer in order to qualify. I called and confirmed that it was okay to put myself as another additional cardholder in order to receive the bonus points. Happy Hunting!

Jayzee9
I assume you called Amex?

BTW, it was very nice of you to give Beyonce her own card.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

I did call.
Old Aug 11, 2006, 5:58 am

Smile

If you are able to get the points by giving yourself an additional card, it seems logical that you should also get the points by giving your additional card holder an additional card.
Old Aug 11, 2006, 10:01 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by jayzee9
I called and even though I have an additional cardholder already, I had to get an additional one with this offer in order to qualify. I called and confirmed that it was okay to put myself as another additional cardholder in order to receive the bonus points.
Do you still have the number you called? I got a similar offer from Amex for my HHonors card to get 5,000 points. I would rather have the 2,500 Starwood points if they will let me.
Old Aug 11, 2006, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Richard1148
Do you still have the number you called? I got a similar offer from Amex for my HHonors card to get 5,000 points. I would rather have the 2,500 Starwood points if they will let me.
I called the CS number on the back of my card..
Old Aug 15, 2006, 12:36 pm

Thumbs up

The link americanexpress.com/starwoodbp that you have provided, i do not see any mentioning of 2500 points. Will that link automatically gives us the bonus points?

Called CS, and it took him awhile to figure out about the bonus points, but he was able to add my mom to my account and processed the 2500 bonus points.

Thanks OP!

Last edited by afang; Aug 15, 2006 at 1:04 pm
Old Aug 15, 2006, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
I got the e-mail but neglected to see the bonus until pointed out here. I applied for a second card for myself so I can separate out business and personal expenses. Had been thinking about that anyway. 2500 was a good incentive to do it now.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
No email here. Bummer, I totally would have done this. Wonder why I got left off the list???
Old Aug 15, 2006, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by GoCanes
No email here. Bummer, I totally would have done this. Wonder why I got left off the list???
Just call the # on the back of your AMEX and they'll do it for you.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 8:38 pm

Programs: American Airlines, starwood
Thanks for the tip! I called the cust. serv. # and they gladly issued my husband and myself and additional card. We will get the extra points when we make our first purchase with each card.

Last edited by shar161; Aug 15, 2006 at 8:39 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 15, 2006, 9:34 pm

2500 pts for addtional card

Received the email, add my own name as the additional card holder
hopefully I can get this 2500 pts

This is better than HH Amex 's deal
Old Aug 15, 2006, 9:36 pm

I remember SPG AMEX had a better promotion last year

I remember SPG AMEX had a better promotion last year.
for 3 designated months, you got 1.5 x regular pts on whatever you spent.
Hopefully they continue this year

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.