Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why aren't saline implants banned?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2006, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!
Exclamation Why aren't saline implants banned?

If the following are correct:

1) Most people who have saline implants have at least two of them

2) The alleged perpetrators needed at least two seperate components to mix in order to make an explosive.

3) The alleged perpetrators were willing to sacrifice their 6-month-old so cutting into a body part would not be much discouragement to them.

The TSA must ban saline implants now!

Last edited by HeHateY; Aug 14, 2006 at 5:11 pm Reason: Added tounge
Old Aug 14, 2006, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA, AA
If one of the TSA's aim were to be consistency, one of their first targets ought to be said implants.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 5:15 pm

I don't know if they'd be willing to go to the risk, but I know that there can be "ports" just under the skin for the adding and removing of fluid from implants. All it takes is a syringe. A pair of implants, once each filled with half of an explosive, a diabetic kit, and an empty water bottle. That's all it would take, right?

Clearly, the fake boobies have to go.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 5:47 pm

Programs: back to AA PLT, 1.6+MM
Originally Posted by JakiChan
I don't know if they'd be willing to go to the risk, but I know that there can be "ports" just under the skin for the adding and removing of fluid from implants. All it takes is a syringe.
Yep. Temporary ones used to expand the tissues prior to installation of permanent implants have these valves.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 5:52 pm

Programs: Vanishing
On a realted note: The so called "Water Bras" apparently do not contain water but a gel-like substance. Since gel insoles are prohibited, are women now being felt up looking for water bras? Or is this just another of TSA's wonderful inconsitencies?
Old Aug 14, 2006, 5:53 pm

Forget saline implants- explain me this:

-HOW ABOUT SILICONE GEL IMPLANTS?

-HOW ABOUT GELS IN PADDED BRAS?

Sorry for screaming. This is just to illustrate that we can't get there from here....
Old Aug 14, 2006, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA MM Platinum; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Discoverist; Avis Preferred Plus
I wonder what the reaction would be if a clearly male passenger were to go through a security checkpoint wearing a (well padded) bra? What if he claimed implants?

Just curious.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 5:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Droneklax
Forget saline implants- explain me this:

-HOW ABOUT SILICONE GEL IMPLANTS?

-HOW ABOUT GELS IN PADDED BRAS?

Sorry for screaming. This is just to illustrate that we can't get there from here....
Originally Posted by L-1011
On a realted note: The so called "Water Bras" apparently do not contain water but a gel-like substance. Since gel insoles are prohibited, are women now being felt up looking for water bras? Or is this just another of TSA's wonderful inconsitencies?
I queried in another thread if the TSA was now going to go back to the grope. Is a woman wearing a gel bra going to have to take it off in order to get on a plane?
Old Aug 14, 2006, 6:04 pm

Programs: Vanishing
Originally Posted by red456
I queried in another thread if the TSA was now going to go back to the grope. Is a woman wearing a gel bra going to have to take it off in order to get on a plane?
Rightfully she should. For heavens sake, an 80 year-old man was forced to get rid of his insoles and had great difficult walking away from the checkpoint. I can't see why women should have a free pass smuggling explosives just to look more "padded".
Old Aug 14, 2006, 6:15 pm

Programs: Too much flying; Lots of hotels
Originally Posted by L-1011
Rightfully she should. For heavens sake, an 80 year-old man was forced to get rid of his insoles and had great difficult walking away from the checkpoint. I can't see why women should have a free pass smuggling explosives just to look more "padded".
But what about the security mom vote ?
Old Aug 14, 2006, 7:10 pm
J-M
Suspended

Why don't we just give extra special secondary screening to women with implants? In other news... I'm thinking of a career change. I'd like to be a screener
Old Aug 14, 2006, 8:28 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
What about someone in the process of gender reassignment who has gel "breasts" in a bra but has yet to undergo surgery? Wouldn't it be discrimination for the TSA to force them to give up part of their gender identity in the name of safety?

(OK, I know this applies to very few people, but it seems a valid point to me)
Old Aug 14, 2006, 9:04 pm

There are some males that have a penile implant. Should they (penile implant or the carrier) be banned too?
Old Aug 14, 2006, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
I would like to volunteer to be a water bra inspector. And yes, I would profile. I have always thought that terrorists would next use attractive women.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:55 pm
J-M
Suspended

Originally Posted by exerda
What about someone in the process of gender reassignment who has gel "breasts" in a bra but has yet to undergo surgery? Wouldn't it be discrimination for the TSA to force them to give up part of their gender identity in the name of safety?

(OK, I know this applies to very few people, but it seems a valid point to me)
No... not a valid point. You are either a man or a woman. A man with water-filled fake breasts outside of the body (i.e. as clothing) is not a woman. If they aren't real breasts, then you can't take it on the airplane. Fake breasts on a man are not allowed through and I see no reason why an exception should be made for cross-dressing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.