Old Aug 16, 2006, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Avis to provide us with toothpaste!!

This is a great idea!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...8JH1REG0.shtml
Old Aug 16, 2006, 9:48 am

Programs: UA: MM
A great idea but...

Full sized products??? That's not real practical. It would make more sense if they gave out samples. Hopefully we will be able to give them back (unused) to Avis so they don't go to waste if you're on a one or two day trip.

FWIW

DLM
Old Aug 16, 2006, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
It is a great idea; I am surprised that hotels haven't started doing it--even if they charge a nominal fee; it would be worth it.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
It is a great idea; I am surprised that hotels haven't started doing it--even if they charge a nominal fee; it would be worth it.

I believe it will be for perferred renters only. I have been off playing in florida. I will find out on friday when I am back to work.

I thought it would be better to have a $5 gift pack of sampler size products or a family pack of full size items for $10 and sell them at the counter, perferred customers would get them for free. I was close.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 10:28 am

Programs: SPEBSQSA
So, do we have a list of the airports? The articles that I have found just state "25 airports", but I can't find a list.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 9:41 am

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
No toothpaste at SAN this Monday (8/21)...

... anyone got the toothpaste yet?
Old Aug 23, 2006, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CHM
None this week. 0/3

IAH SAT nor MCI
Old Aug 23, 2006, 5:34 pm

Nothing in SEA this week.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Well, at least it was a good idea. I am sorry it wasn't implemented I was hoping that if Avis offered this service, Hertz would follow.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 12:59 pm

I flew into Dulles (IAD) this last Tuesday and there was this gift pack sitting on my seat. Too bad it was a Minivan again (4th in a row) and I had to go back and swap it out (took the pack to the new car though). It contained a tube of Crest toothpaste, a bottle of mouth wash, and some floss.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 1:16 pm

PARTICIPATING AIRPORTS INCLUDE

Atlanta, GA, Baltimore, MD, Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, Cincinnati, OH, Cleveland, OH, Dallas, TX, Denver, CO, Detroit, MI, Fort Lauderdale, FL, Los Angeles, CA, Miami, FL, Minneapolis-St.Paul, MN, Nashville, TN, Oakland, CA, Orlando, FL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ, Sacramento, CA, San Jose, CA, San Francisco, CA, Seattle, WA, St. Louis, MO, Tampa, FL and Washington, D.C.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 11:43 am

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
I got a goody pack last week at FLL. But only on one of my two rentals.

It was nice except for the mouthwash - it is alocohol free and has a distinct artificial sweetener taste.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 2:12 pm

Location: PPSP. Yeah, I'm the bartender at that fancy 5-Star that forgot you said no salt on your freakin' frozen margarita. Listen up people! NO FROZEN DRINKS!
Yup, me too in BOS.

Actually, all of my colleagues had checked bags so nobody really needed a packet (included me - the only carry-on - as I was staying with a friend who drove in). But when I asked if we could have some, we were kindly accomodated (I gifted mine to my host). Perhaps it is my chairman's status?

(They also offered an upgrade/trade to a Durango from the reserved mini-van but my boss, the non-status renter, declined. He said if we got a Durango the whole team would want to borrow it! )
Old Sep 5, 2006, 6:01 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Originally Posted by jabez
PARTICIPATING AIRPORTS INCLUDE

Atlanta, GA, Baltimore, MD, Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, Cincinnati, OH, Cleveland, OH, Dallas, TX, Denver, CO, Detroit, MI, Fort Lauderdale, FL, Los Angeles, CA, Miami, FL, Minneapolis-St.Paul, MN, Nashville, TN, Oakland, CA, Orlando, FL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ, Sacramento, CA, San Jose, CA, San Francisco, CA, Seattle, WA, St. Louis, MO, Tampa, FL and Washington, D.C.
Nothing in STL last week.
Nothing in ATL this week.

Last edited by MileageAddict; Sep 6, 2006 at 10:26 pm
Old Sep 6, 2006, 6:32 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Nothing in MCO last week. Nice upgrade, though (see other thread).

Avis is very uneven with their perks. I get the WSJ maybe 10% of the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.