Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

ACs Across the Pond promotion is here!Earn up to Triple Aeroplan Miles Canada-London

ACs Across the Pond promotion is here!Earn up to Triple Aeroplan Miles Canada-London

Old Sep 1, 2006, 5:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

Air Canada offers you more flights to the U.K. with direct flights from Halifax, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver. Better yet, Air Canada will introduce non-stop service between Edmonton and London on October 31, 2006.

From September 1 to December 15, 2006, register* and fly between Canada and London in Executive First - and youll earn Triple Aeroplan Miles** for every round-trip or two one-way segments on scheduled flights operated by Air Canada.

Register* and fly between Canada and London in Economy Classand youll earn Double Aeroplan Miles for every round-trip or two one-way segments on scheduled flights operated by Air Canada.

Hurry! Register* online for the Across the Pond promotion or by calling
1-800-342-8026 between September 1 and December 15, 2006.

Dont delay! The incredible Across the Pond promotion ends December 15, 2006.

Book your flight now at aircanada.com

Dont delayregister and fly to qualify right now!

Earn even more miles with Air Canadas Across the Pond promotion. Register online now or by calling 1-800-342-8026 by December 15, 2006 to qualify.

Executive First is a Registered Trademark of Air Canada.

* You must register by December 15, 2006 to qualify for this promotion. All eligible flights taken during the promotion period will earn Bonus Aeroplan Miles, including flights taken prior to registration. You need only register once to qualify for the Across the Pond promotion.

Eligible booking classes: Executive First (J, C), Latitude Plus (Y, M, U), Leisure (B, H, V, Q, L, A) and I class.

** Both eligible flight segments must be in Executive First to earn Triple Aeroplan Miles.

http://www.aeroplan.com/promotions/p...erID=AirCanada
Old Sep 1, 2006, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Although having read and re-read it many times, I didn't see a note about it being double Q miles, so will assume it's only bonus miles.

But YEG-LHR nonstop and 16978 AP miles total, as per GCM, all for CAD$900 all in ain't bad. ^
Old Sep 1, 2006, 5:50 pm

Is there a little competition here or what? BA?

I've already got a C-class mid-sept YYZ-LHR booked/bought/paid for. Do I get triple points, or are there some big caveat emptors here? Just registered online.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 6:15 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA PE, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the heads up tcook052, I have a flight next week. Now where is that HKG bonus...
Old Sep 1, 2006, 6:34 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
I've already got a C-class mid-sept YYZ-LHR booked/bought/paid for. Do I get triple points...
Me too. From my past experience with these promos, they apply to all flights taken during the window once you register. So you (and I) should be ok.

tcook052: Is there a way of finding out about these promos without obsessively checking aeroplan.com or reading your excellent bulletins on FT? I'm signed up for all the AP emails, but I didn't get any notification of this promo.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 6:58 pm

Is there a little competition here or what?
They could be offering triple Q-miles on LHR, and I'd still avoid it, what will all the foolishness. I suspect there are lots of others like me as well.

So far we've had one trashed laptop on an ex-LHR flight. MIS is still trying to recover the hard drive.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 7:13 pm

tcook052--thanks!! i did register as I have a flight to LHR in Nov. It is a bit late for my Sept. flight, as I had some J bookings and could have gone through LHR--but will take what I get!!
Old Sep 1, 2006, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by antirealist
tcook052: Is there a way of finding out about these promos without obsessively checking aeroplan.com or reading your excellent bulletins on FT?
Nope, no substitude for regular visits to AP website.

I'm signed up for all the AP emails, but I didn't get any notification of this promo.
Well, it did just start today, so everyone will no doubt read about it in some AC/AP email soon.

The promo does allow you some benefit in that you can register later but still get credit for every trip between the start & end date, so even if you hadn't heard about the promo until Oct., for example, once you registered all the trips you took in Sept. would still qualify for this bonus.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 9:22 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Originally Posted by antirealist
Me too. From my past experience with these promos, they apply to all flights taken during the window once you register. So you (and I) should be ok.
As long as you register and fly during the promo period, you'll get the bonuses. No specific requirements for when you purchase your tickets.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 12:05 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
I'm still going to connect in FRA until the stupid anti-liquid nothing larger than a laptop crap is lifted in LHR.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcook052
Although having read and re-read it many times, I didn't see a note about it being double Q miles, so will assume it's only bonus miles.

But YEG-LHR nonstop and 16978 AP miles total, as per GCM, all for CAD$900 all in ain't bad. ^
For those that opted for the bonus miles package(say 100% at SE level),that will also add to your numbers of AP miles.
Will the bonus be based on the base points or the cumulative triple points?
Old Sep 2, 2006, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cur
I'm still going to connect in FRA until the stupid anti-liquid nothing larger than a laptop crap is lifted in LHR.
I am also avoiding LHR under all but the most extenuating of circumstances. Not only the liquid, but the fact they have almost no security lines open means that this is nonsense. Hopefully Air Canada will follow the Ryanair model and sue BAA.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 7:26 am

Programs: AC*E, Alaska MVP Gold, FPC Premier, SPG Gold
Status miles?
Old Sep 2, 2006, 7:33 am

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
In previous promos I'm pretty sure they were not Q miles, and that the bonuses were calculated on the base miles for the trip. Not sure if COS bonus is included in the base though.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 9:38 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

Bonus miles earned are non status.
Originally Posted by acysb87
For those that opted for the bonus miles package(say 100% at SE level),that will also add to your numbers of AP miles.
Will the bonus be based on the base points or the cumulative triple points?
Bonus based on base points. So if it's 1000 Q miles you earn, double miles will get you another 1000 miles and triple will get you another 2000 miles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.