Wiki Posts
Search

Air France Flying Out of DET

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2006, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta ,
Air France Flying Out of DET

Just was searching for business class flights in late March to CDG.Found that AF metal will be flying out of DET.
Have not heard about this before.
Northwest Airlines 4301
operated by
AIR FRANCE -- AF 373

Booking Class: Z / Business
Ticket Designator:
Meal: Meal
Equipment: 330
Wed, Mar 28
7hr 45min
7:00pm Depart Detroit (DTW)
8:45am Arrive Paris (CDG)

Approximate Distance: 3896 miles
Old Sep 4, 2006, 8:18 pm

Programs: Delta - Silver
Air France has been flying to CDG for quite some time out of DTW. I've flown that flight 3 times in the past. I recommend Air France in business class. Never flown coach with them. :|
Old Sep 4, 2006, 8:38 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
AF has been flying this route for about 18 months.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 10:57 pm

Programs: Delta DM Marriott Gold
AF has been flying out of DTW since before I started back in 1999.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jjvan
AF has been flying out of DTW since before I started back in 1999.
This AF press release certianly suggests it hasn't been continuous since 1999.

http://www.airfrance.us/US/en/local/...oit_061305.htm
Old Sep 5, 2006, 5:03 am

Programs: Delta DM Marriott Gold
I know they have been flying there for quite some time. I know there was talk about a second daly flight at one poine. Unless they stoped service over the past 2 years, and are now restarting it, I don't know. But I know when I was based there in 1999, and most times passing through DTW over the past 7 years, I have seen an AF aircraft, aswell as BA.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 5:41 am

I think what you are noticing is the new code share arrangement between NW and AF. There was a thread about it a few weeks ago.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 5:02 pm
Suspended

I thought DET was Detroit City Airport. Southwest pulled out and ProAir went out of business. Surely, AF is not flying there....and you name isn't Shirley.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by seat 50J
I thought DET was Detroit City Airport. Southwest pulled out and ProAir went out of business. Surely, AF is not flying there....and you name isn't Shirley.
DET is both, City Airport code and City code (the same way WAS is the city code for DC)...now my question is is there really enough demand to fly a 330 out of both DTW & DET? (I know Mayor Young moved a cemetery to lengthen the runways but I didn't realize he made them long enough for a 330)
Old Sep 6, 2006, 6:29 pm

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
Originally Posted by socrates
DET is both, City Airport code and City code (the same way WAS is the city code for DC)...now my question is is there really enough demand to fly a 330 out of both DTW & DET? (I know Mayor Young moved a cemetery to lengthen the runways but I didn't realize he made them long enough for a 330)
Actually DET is Coleman Young / Detroit City Airport. DTT is the city code for Detroit including both DTW and DET - even though there is no scheduled service out of DET any more. It also includes YIP (Willow Run)

I've always wondered why NW tickets refer to DTT instead of DTW. Has NW ever operated out of DET?

http://www.ci.detroit.mi.us/airport/information.htm
Old Sep 6, 2006, 6:46 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by tev9999
Actually DET is Coleman Young / Detroit City Airport. DTT is the city code for Detroit including both DTW and DET - even though there is no scheduled service out of DET any more. It also includes YIP (Willow Run)

I've always wondered why NW tickets refer to DTT instead of DTW. Has NW ever operated out of DET?

http://www.ci.detroit.mi.us/airport/information.htm
I believe they ran some regional flights out of there a LONG time ago... I might be wrong though. This would have been long before Southwest operated there.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 8:11 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
DTT stands for detriot metro area and defintely includes:

Coleman A Young Municipal (Detroit, MI) (KDET)
Detroit Metro Wayne Co (Detroit, MI) (KDTW)
Grosse Ile Municipal (Detroit - Grosse Ile, MI) (KONZ)
Willow Run (Detroit, MI) (KYIP)

some include ARB and TOL into DTT, just like HPN is included into NYC

YIP is quite active:
http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KYIP
Old Sep 8, 2006, 10:58 am

DET NW Airlink Service

Originally Posted by james318
I believe they ran some regional flights out of there a LONG time ago... I might be wrong though. This would have been long before Southwest operated there.
You definitely remember correctly…back in 1986 both Northwest Airlink and Comair operated service between DET and Burke Lakefront Airport (BKL) in Cleveland, pre-Southwest. The Airlink flights were operated by Fisher Brother’s Aviation and, I’m pretty sure, used a CASA 212. I did this trip a lot with Comair and they used to run the trip with a SF-340 back and forth all day. This was before the expansion for Southwest so the terminal was this tiny room with no security and not much of anything else. I think NW pulled the service right around the time of the merger with Republic in the fall of 1986…I believe the Comair service lasted a while longer but am not sure.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 11:41 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by East Coast Wing
You definitely remember correctly…
Thank you for confirming I wasn't crazy. Being that I was SIX when they stopped service, I never had a chance to fly NW out of DET.

I'd like to see DET succeed with a more full-scale passenger service than what just started there, but I don't believe that will ever happen. That's a shame, too.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 11:13 am

Programs: DL - PM, (NW - Plat), AA - Gold, Marriott - Plat, Avis - First
Air France started CDG service back in early 2005 in DTW.

Just this past month, NW and AF announced they would begin codesharing on their DTW-CDG flights. Thus, what you are seeing now is just that. I had been looking for the codeshare as I can get some better connections through CDG than AMS, but I haven't been able to get them to come up yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.