Search

Outstanding Service HKG-SGN

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAexp, UA*G, HY LT Globalist, FB Plat, Centurion
Thumbs up Outstanding Service HKG-SGN

Well, I was quite surprised....

I boarded the HKG-SGN in first class, not being able to take CX because of teh flight time. I got on the plane with only my traveling companion and one other passenger. I was addressed by name from teh moment I got on the aircraft. Armando, the steward serving us was extremely detail oriented: 2 cocktail napkins with the nuts, set my silverware for me, turned the UA logos on the champagne glasses towards me--brilliant. I was absolutely amazed and told him that I felt like he had been trained by SQ. Everything was as perfect as he could make it given the fact that food was really not good.

Ilani the purser was also great and came over to offer us newspapers and magazines. All of the crew was really happy to be there...something I don't get when I get fly on other UA flights.

Why can't all United flights be like this. I wasn't even being served by an Asian crew; they were all expats and their service totally blew my mind. I have never given out a "good job certificate" but I did that flight.

On the other hand, my TED flight back from LAS last evening was terrible. They didn't even bring out the drink cart and the Purser yelled, "Down the Hatch" to tell me to finish up my water faster! Should I write a letter about that? All my other TED flights to LAS they have done a full beverage service even when the flight is full.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:47 am
par

Programs: UA 2K GS, SQ PPS, AA Ruby, NW Gold, Hertz Gold, Hyatt Gold, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
I've also thorougly enjoyed the hong kong to singapore flights. Really pleasant crew in the last year.

The UA NRT-ICN flights are also pleasant. Each time i've done it i've had a very nice FA with very strong customer service skills.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:51 am

Programs: The Marina. Comic Relief. UA 1K and 1MM. MacBook Pro.
Originally Posted by SQPPS
I got on the plane with only my traveling companion and one other passenger.
So there were only 3 passengers on the entire flight?
Old Sep 7, 2006, 12:06 pm

Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
Why can't all United flights be like this...
Good question! If they were, it would make UA F more competitive... I'm glad you had an excellent experience on International F... now, if I could get Armando on my next flight

On the other hand, my TED flight back from LAS last evening was terrible... Should I write a letter about that?...
I think you should write a letter about both of your experiences. Write it to WHQ to the attention of Sean Donohue, VP for Onboard Services (he was the VP in charge of Ted—RAR!, and he seems to be an on-the-ball kind of guy).
Old Sep 7, 2006, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by par
I've also thorougly enjoyed the hong kong to singapore flights.
Just so you know, the OP is referring to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), and not Singapore.

I too have found the service on HKG-SGN-HKG to be excellent in C, even though the food is lacking in quality! ^
Old Sep 7, 2006, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is the food like on that HKG-SGN run in C and F? Dinner, Snack??
Old Sep 7, 2006, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cesco.g
On the outbound it is a cold dinner, and breakfast on the return.

Here are pictures from C from back in November:
HKG-SGN Dinner
SGN-HKG Breakfast
Old Sep 7, 2006, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Can you PM me with the address of Mr. Donohue? I would like to write about my Ted experience and Armando.

Originally Posted by WindFlyer
Good question! If they were, it would make UA F more competitive... I'm glad you had an excellent experience on International F... now, if I could get Armando on my next flight

I think you should write a letter about both of your experiences. Write it to WHQ to the attention of Sean Donohue, VP for Onboard Services (he was the VP in charge of Ted—RAR!, and he seems to be an on-the-ball kind of guy).
Old Sep 7, 2006, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cesco.g
It was dinner with a small salad bowl served first. No bread plate! Then they served the main course of "oriental chicken." It was Panda Express food. I was totally offended and the fact that they call it Oriental Chicken is kind of stupid too. The food was totally inedible; I wouldn't have given it to a street person.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While HKG-SGN is a shorter flight, I am still surprised by the quality concerns, as I understand HKG-SIN catering is pretty decent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.