Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

no more E+ access for non-UA *A Gold/Silver? [MERGED THREADS]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

no more E+ access for non-UA *A Gold/Silver? [MERGED THREADS]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:54 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
no more E+ access for non-UA *A Gold/Silver?

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,1314,00.html

The web site was recently updated and no longer lists *A Gold/Silver as able to sit in E+.

Someone on the US forum was just told that this is no longer a benefit.

Now - UA phone rez tells people thay are ineligible for E+ all the time and 99% of the time just don't know what they're talking about (hang up, call back) ... but now that the web site doesn't list it anymore I'm getting antsy.

Can some UA flyers confirm or deny this with an informed view?
Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Marriott Plat, SwissBel Gold
Good for all

It took two nasty grams to UA and TG to get the line thing sorted for boarding! things are now OK in BKK, HKT and Chiang Mai for my personel knowledge....I pay for C and use to board with the box people...Now the have two lines and it is announced in Thai and Engrit!

BTW, will be very sorry to see the Thai Lounge in BKK go as it was a very beautiful woodladen thai style room!

Lovely
Old Sep 8, 2006, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've always wondered why *A G/S get this benefit when there is no reciprocal benefit on any other *A airline. Not that I am saying they should or shouldn't, just always wondered. Guess UA wants more revenue.

I also notice it does not say Full Fare non elites get it anymore. Way i read that linked page is if you are not an elite on UA you have to pay either by segment or through E+Access program purchase.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Well UA Star Silvers and Golds don't get into the premium Economy cabins on NH and SK*, for example, so perhaps UA is just bringing their rules into adjustment?

* Not sure if NH's and SK's PEs offer anything over the extra legroom (and in NH's case, legrests) like nicer meals or better drinks that would seriously differentiate it from E+.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by SEA_Tigger
Well UA Star Silvers and Golds don't get into the premium Economy cabins on NH and SK*, for example, so perhaps UA is just bringing their rules into adjustment?

* Not sure if NH's and SK's PEs offer anything over the extra legroom (and in NH's case, legrests) like nicer meals or better drinks that would seriously differentiate it from E+.
NZ's premium economy gets a bigger seat as you would expect and the same Y meals. The only difference is that you get C wines to go with your Y meal.

I think BD's premium economy is a seat only upgrade.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 1:08 pm

hi i work for united and i will try and find out the correct info on this for you in the morning
Old Sep 8, 2006, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Welcome! Always nice to see more UA staffers, and especially nice to see one from an international gateway.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lhrgirl
hi i work for united and i will try and find out the correct info on this for you in the morning
Great! Welcome to FT! ^

Can we assume you are LHR based?
Old Sep 8, 2006, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, *Wood Plat (Gold Lifetime)
Always wondered why I couldn't sit in NZ "Pacific Premium Economy" seats...
Old Sep 8, 2006, 1:12 pm

yes london ground staff nice to be here thanks
Old Sep 8, 2006, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flyin4MAG
If you assumed the benefit was reciprocal, you are incorrect. This may be why UA is getting rid of the current benefit to non-UA *G/*S, but I expect that they would rather sign people up to EPA or sell chicken/gate upgrades for hard cash instead.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Jumpgate
... but now that the web site doesn't list it anymore I'm getting antsy..
The page also does not mention the access rights of full fare travellers or those
on standard awards.
Which still holds AFAIK.
So maybe the list provided on that page is incomplete?
The FAQ still lists *Gs and full farers as eligible. See question 3 from
above.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Flyin4MAG
Well... Because its a seperately sold class of service, much like World Traveller Plus on BA. E+ on United is simply a bit more space in the same class/es of service, rather than a different cabin. "Pacific Premium Economy" goes for $2600 London-AKL, while the regular economy is more like $1200.

UA (and other *A) golds and silver members gain access to the 'preferred' seating areas on NZ operated flights - much like E+ they're the green seats on the ITN seatmap.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 1:42 pm
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Welcome to FT!
Old Sep 8, 2006, 1:48 pm

Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
Hi! Welcome to FT ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.