Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airports with free internet [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2005, 12:53 am
Original Poster

Airports with free internet [Master thread]

I was passing through the CVG-Cincinnati terminal C this weekend and noticed free internet in all four corners. There was a counter with five positions to Connect and Recharge your laptops with wired internet ports. Had I realized it was available I might have lugged my computer along with me since I had a few hours to kill there. I also remembered passing through an Asian airport, SIN or HKG, that had free kiosks.

This inspired me to start a thread of airports with free internet for us lowly folks that do not have access to airline clubs on a regular basis. I will try to keep this up to date, somewhat like the where we all come from thread. I will look at people’s posts along the way and add them to a list at the top.

I am only looking for free access for the lowly folks, not the paid hotspots or kiosks. It can be wired or wireless. I’ll steal the information that I see from a 2000 thread in TravelBuzz and one from a couple of months ago in Travel Tech. If this works I will keep it up, if no one is interested I’ll let it drop away.

Please post in this format:

Airport------------Location-----Type---------------------Quantity of stations----As of:
CVG-Cincinnati----Terminal C----Wired laptop locations----4 Sets of 5-------------Aug 05

Cheers, MCRT

Thanks to slippahs for providing me with the link http://www.wififreespot.com/airport.html This one is great if you have your wi-fi laptop with you.

Mods, I am posting this in TravelBuzz to start, if you feel it is better in Travel Tech feel free to move it.

Updated through #19

Last edited by mcrt; Aug 9, 2005 at 8:31 pm
Old Aug 9, 2005, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Usa

Airport------------Location-----Type---------------------Quantity of stations----As of:

ABE-Allentown----All Terminals---Wireless----------------------------------------July 05
ABQ-Albuquerque-All terminals----Wireless----------------------------------------Current
AVP-Wilkes-Barre/Scranton--All---Wireless----------------------------------------Current
CVG-Cincinnati----Terminal C----Wired laptop locations----4 Sets of 5-------------Aug 05
DAY-Dayton-----"Free" Clubs w/ wireless and kiosks. Ports near gates--------------Aug 05
FLL-Fort Lauderdale---?--------- Wireless----------------------------------------June 05
LAS-Las Vegas----All Terminals---Wireless---------------------------------------June 05
PDX-Portland------Throughout----Wireless---------------------------------------Aug 05
PIT-Pittsburgh---------?---------Wireless----------------------------------------June 05
PNS-Pensacola----Throughout----Wireless---------------------------------------Apr 05
ROA-Roanoke---Wireless throughout, kiosksa and ports outside security.-----------July 05

Last edited by mcrt; Aug 21, 2005 at 11:03 am
Old Aug 9, 2005, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Balance of North/Central American and Carribean

MHH-Marsh Harbour--All Terminals---Wireless, but limited power------------------Jan 05
NAS-Nassau--------All Terminals---Wireless if it is working-----------------------Jan 05

Last edited by mcrt; Aug 21, 2005 at 11:07 am
Old Aug 9, 2005, 12:55 am
Original Poster

South America

SCL Santiago, Chile-------------Unknown----------------------------------------Current

Last edited by mcrt; Aug 21, 2005 at 10:35 am
Old Aug 9, 2005, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Europe

DUB Bublin---------Throughout----Wireless--------------------------------------Current
MAN Manchester----Throughout---Wireless---------------------------------------Current
TSR Timisoara, Romania--Wireless Throughout-------------------------------------Current
VIE Vienna--------Throughout---Wireless-----------------------------------------Current

Last edited by mcrt; Dec 26, 2005 at 8:12 pm
Old Aug 9, 2005, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Africa

Info to be added as I get it
Old Aug 9, 2005, 12:57 am
Original Poster

Asia

ICn-Seoul---------Upstairs------Internet enabled computers-Several--------------Current
KIX-Osaka--------Throughout---Wired/Wireless------------mobile/kiosks----------Current
SIN-Singapore----Throughout---Wired/Wireless------------Lots including kiosks----Current

Last edited by mcrt; Aug 21, 2005 at 10:30 am
Old Aug 9, 2005, 12:58 am
Original Poster

Australia/NZ South Pacific Islands

SYD-Sydney------Dep/Arr halls--Wired--------------------6 per hall--------------A year ago

Last edited by mcrt; Aug 9, 2005 at 8:06 pm
Old Aug 9, 2005, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
LAS - free wireless access throughout all terminals.
**just requires "your" email for access... so give a "real" address
Old Aug 9, 2005, 1:23 am

Singapore Changi Airport.
Everywhere in both terminals.
Wireless and Wired (Desktops available for free internet).
Plenty of internet stations available.
Available since: I don't know. Last year possibly??
Old Aug 9, 2005, 1:49 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
VIE has free wireless throughout. It is still marked as a trial, but for a trial, it's been going on for the last 3 years...
Old Aug 9, 2005, 2:09 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Seconded for SIN (though T2 has much faster access speeds). Approx 20 computers in T2 alone, with extra desks for those with laptops.

SYD, Departures & Arrival Halls (Landside), wired PC stations, 6 PCs in each hall, approx 12 months.
Old Aug 9, 2005, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
There's a perfectly good website that lists all the domestic free WiFi Airports here:
http://www.wififreespot.com/airport.html
Old Aug 9, 2005, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by slippahs
There's a perfectly good website that lists all the domestic free WiFi Airports here:
http://www.wififreespot.com/airport.html
Thanks for that link. I will add it at the top tonight when I have more time. I am also looking for free wired and free kiosks.
Old Aug 9, 2005, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ABE-Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton---------ALL---------Wireless------------------------------------July 30

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.