Search

What is a "Club Level Suite"?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2006, 9:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
What is a "Club Level Suite"?

In December, I will be making my first visit to a Sheraton Suites (in Plantation, FL).

It is an award stay and I paid an extra 1000 *points to get a "SPECIALTY UPGRD". I was told this gives me a Club Level Suite.

I have no idea of what that means. How is it different from any other suite in hotel? Does it give me access to a club? If so, what does the club offer?

I am also considering flying without my laptop. It will be a month trip and I will have computer access everywhere except the four nights in Plantation. Does anybody know if they have a computer there I can use to get on the net (perhaps in that club)?
Old Sep 15, 2006, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
I'd guess that the Club portion of the Suite refers to its location on a Club Floor. Generally, these are higher floors that have some type of Club or Executive lounge where you can often enjoy a light complimentary breakfast and evening snacks and drinks. Sometimes other amenities are offered as well. You can try e-mailing the hotel for the best answer.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

It does say that I am on a Club Floor but does this give me automatic entry to the club?
Old Sep 15, 2006, 10:18 pm

Programs: DL, SPG (Gold)
Originally Posted by Dovster
It does say that I am on a Club Floor but does this give me automatic entry to the club?
It should......assuming that there is a true Club floor lounge at this hotel and/or that it's actually open during your stay.

AFAIK, access to a hotel's lounge is always a benefit of booking a club floor room.

Does the reservation info mention anything about club access, hor d'oeurves, etc. (check "room amenities" and/or "room description")?

FWIW, Club Floors are almost always "restricted access"....in that you need to use your room keycard in the elevator simply to get access to that floor.

FWIW, some SPG hotels have more than 1 "Club floor"....but only have a single lounge.

A.J.

Edit: Under "room amenities" for their club level suites at this hotel, it should say something along the lines of:

Club Floor Non-smoking,continental Brkfst,free Local/cc Access/800 Calls,dual-line Ph W/modem Jack,sweet Sleeper Bed

Last edited by Bulldog King; Sep 15, 2006 at 10:27 pm
Old Sep 15, 2006, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

My reservation reads:

CLUB SUITE, CONTINENTAL BRKFST, FREE LOCAL/CC ACCESS/800 CALLS, DUAL-LINE PH W/MODEM JACK, SWEET SLEEPER BED, CLUB LEVEL SUITE W/FLEXIBLE WORK ENVIRONMENT,RELAX IN A LUXURIOUS PILLOWTOP BED AND WELCOME THE SWEETEST OF DREAMS

This, of course, doesn't answer any of my questions. I don't know if it gives me access to a club or if there is a computer available to me.

The last part does, however, intrigue me. How can they guarantee that I will dream about Michelle Pfeiffer?
Old Sep 15, 2006, 10:52 pm

This, of course, doesn't answer any of my questions. I don't know if it gives me access to a club
Unfortunately, I couldn't find any mention of.....or photos of...a club lounge at this hotel.

While it's a bit unusual, it's not totally unheard of for a club/executive floor to not have an actual lounge.

or if there is a computer available to me.
Here's some additional info on this hotel from the hotel's own website:

www.sheratonplantation.com

World-Class Hospitality At Our Fort Lauderdale Hotel…

For your convenience, you may take advantage of our new 24 hour business center located on the lobby level. The business center offers complimentary services to hotel guests including two PC's with high speed Internet Access, one laptop hookup, copier and printer.

Note: There's a form (that might still work) under "contact us" on their (somewhat outdated) website which might provide the answers you seek without having to resort to calling the hotel directly.

A.J.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, Bulldog King. After reading your reply I sent them an e-mail and, hopefully, will get the answers from them.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While it's a bit unusual, it's not totally unheard of for a club/executive floor to not have an actual lounge.
Boy...I'll say. Seems I'm finding more Club Levels without Club Lounges, than with, these days.
Old Sep 16, 2006, 9:55 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
I think it's a confirmed suite, located on one of the Club floors.
Old Sep 16, 2006, 10:02 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Now I understand...this is an all suite hotel. So it is a club level room/suite. They do not have a Club Lounge, so you get free breakfast downstairs, but you are on the Club floor, with free water and the other nonimal amenities that Club rooms have over non-Club rooms.
Old Sep 16, 2006, 10:19 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Well, they do have a business center with at least a couple of computers. Not sure how much they charge to use them, but you could sweet talk your way in for free, right?

I rarely see computers available in Starwood lounges. (Used to be one in the Westin at Our Lucaya, but that lounge has been closed. Also one in the excellent lounge at the Westin Kierland.)

Dovster, check out this 2005 review of the property in the Palm Beach Post.
Old Sep 16, 2006, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by sc flier
I rarely see computers available in Starwood lounges.
The Sheraton Boston has 1 terminal in their Club Lounge........which was useful if those in the lobby (Yahoo! Link) were all in use.

All use is complimentary......with the lobby terminals having a 45 minute time limit.

A number of other SPG hotels provide free use of PCs as well:

Westin LAX: 1 in the Gold/Plat check-in area and 2 in the "SPG Lounge"

Westin O'Hare: 4 in the lobby's "business center".

However, some (i.e. Sheraton Suites Market Center in Dallas) still charge for use......sometimes at a relatively high rate ($.40+ per minute).

In cases like this, I simply look for a nearby FedEx Kinkos which offers more reasonable rates ($.20 or $25 per minute with IIRC, no minimum charge).

A.J.
Old Sep 16, 2006, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Bulldog King
The Sheraton Boston has 1 terminal in their Club Lounge........which was useful if those in the lobby (Yahoo! Link) were all in use.

All use is complimentary......with the lobby terminals having a 45 minute time limit.

A number of other SPG hotels provide free use of PCs as well:

Westin LAX: 1 in the Gold/Plat check-in area and 2 in the "SPG Lounge"

Westin O'Hare: 4 in the lobby's "business center".

However, some (i.e. Sheraton Suites Market Center in Dallas) still charge for use......sometimes at a relatively high rate ($.40+ per minute).

In cases like this, I simply look for a nearby FedEx Kinkos which offers more reasonable rates ($.20 or $25 per minute with IIRC, no minimum charge).

A.J.
The Sheraton NY Hotel & Towers has one free computer in the lounge...but the Sheraton Annapolis didn't even have any booze available in their lounge, or any computers, while the Sheraton Reston (VA seemed to be offering free beer and wine). Go figure.
Old Sep 16, 2006, 2:47 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
If you are a platinum you should get lounge access for free at Westins and Sheratons.
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...s_platinum.html
Complimentary Access: Enjoy complimentary access to the hotel gym and Executive and Club Level floors at WestinŽ and SheratonŽ Hotels & Resorts.
Old Sep 16, 2006, 3:19 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
I suspect that the Sheraton Suites in FLL is substantially similar to the SS in Tampa (where I have stayed) ... in which case, no club lounge but club floor gets you bathrobes and bottled water. Breakfast is a buffet in the restaurant downstairs (free, with coupons). Internet access is 1 or 2 PCs located near the front desk (available to anyone, don't even need to be a hotel guest much less staying on the club floor). All rooms are suites in these hotel type, so your upgrade is to club. Platinums would get the same benefits but the OP is not Plat, thus the upgrade might be worth it to him. For most the sheraton suites "product" simply doesn't have a club, and seems to be trying to compete more with Residence Inn etc. than something higher end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.