Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Beijing Financial Street, China [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 11, 2014, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG INSTANT AWARDS

Print Wikipost

Westin Beijing Financial Street, China [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2004, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Arrow Westin Beijing Financial Street, China [Master Thread]

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/040701/15110_1.html

Press Release Source: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.

Starwood Reaches a Milestone Announcing Its 25th Property in China - The Westin Beijing
Thursday July 1, 9:00 am ET
Westin Brand Continues Its Expansion In Asia; Hotel Set To Open In Beijing's New Financial District In 2006

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 1, 2004-- Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT - News) and Beijing Jin Hao Real Estate Company Limited announced an agreement for Starwood to manage a 500-room hotel in Beijing's emerging financial district. Scheduled to open in 2006, The Westin Beijing Financial Street solidifies Starwood's position as the largest international operator of upscale hotels in China with 25 hotels open or under construction.

Located in Beijing's Financial Street area, the hotel is part of a multi-purpose complex that houses the hotel in one tower and serviced residences in a separate tower. In addition to its 500 guest rooms, The Westin Beijing Financial Street will feature 216 residences and approximately 27,000 square feet of meeting and function space. Notable hotel facilities include five dining outlets, sports and recreational facilities, a health club, an indoor swimming pool and retail center.

The Westin Beijing Financial Street marks another major step in Starwood Hotels & Resorts' fast-track expansion in China. This is the fourth development in China signed by Starwood in just the first six months of 2004. New developments signed earlier in the year include Sheraton hotels in Shenzhen, Ningbo and Xiamen.

"We are very proud and honored that Beijing Jin Hao Real Estate Company Limited has selected Westin for this much sought after development opportunity in a prime location that will become Beijing's new financial center," said Miguel Ko, President of Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Asia Pacific. "China's fast-growing travel sector, including business and leisure travel and the meetings industry, have raised the demand, from both national and international travelers, for upscale and international hotel products and services. Following the successful opening of The Westin Shanghai in 2002, we are now very proud to be able to introduce Westin and its many innovative and signature services and products to travelers visiting Beijing in future."

"The Westin Beijing Financial Street will be an outstanding development in Beijing, in terms of quality of design, decor and services," commented Ms. Jin Ling, Chairman of Beijing Jin Hao Real Estate Company Limited. "After reviewing many international hotel chains, we felt that the Westin brand best represented our needs due to the strength of its operations, well-established and professional experience, global reach with sales and marketing services, and its outstanding innovative products. This will be a good match with our product and we look forward to a successful partnership between Beijing Jin Hao Real Estate Company Ltd. and Starwood Hotels & Resorts."

Westin Hotels & Resorts, with 122 hotels and resorts in 30 countries and territories, is owned by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. and was voted the number one upper-upscale hotel brand for three years in Business Travel News' "Annual U.S. Hotel Chain Survey." Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 740 properties in 80 countries and 110,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. With internationally renowned brands, Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchiser of hotels and resorts including: St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, Sheraton, Westin, Four Points by Sheraton and W brands, as well as Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc., one of the premier developers and operators of high quality vacation interval ownership resorts. For further information, please visit www.starwood.com or www.westin.com.

**Please contact Starwood's new toll-free media hotline at
(866) 4-STAR-PR (866-478-2777)
for photography or additional information**

For additional information, please contact:

Hwee Peng Yeo
Corporate Communications Manager, Asia Pacific
Tel: (65) 6335 4837
Fax: (65) 6335 4820
Email: [email protected]

** JOURNALISTS - PLEASE NOTE: JOIN STARWOOD'S PRESS RELEASE ALERT
SERVICE TO RECEIVE STARWOOD COMPANY NEWS AND INFORMATION ** To become
a member, simply access the Starwood website, at www.starwood.com.
Once you reach the home page, simply click on "Company News," enter
your e-mail address, and click "Subscribe."

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
Media:
Mark Ricci, 914-640-8496
[email protected]

Source: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 10:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Arrow Beijing: Westin Financial Street (Master Thread)

Just checked in tonight - they opened this week (couldn't tell whether today was the first or second day).

Pretty nice so far - reminds me of some of the 'W' styling with dark wood panelling in the room entrance.

The club level is not open and won't be until December according to the desk clerk. Nor is the gym or other facilities, so that's a major drawback for me. Beware if you are planning to stay here in the next couple months. They said that only about 5 or 6 floors are open now - eventually it will be 26 floors.

I'll post some pics later if anyone is interested.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 11:57 pm

Programs: SQ PPS Solitaire - BA GGL - AF Plat - LH Senator - EK Gold
Thumbs down don't book if you are platinum until end of the year!

just checked in today and this is the bigest disapointement so far this year! No pool, no gym, no lounge, no suite! Why bother to come if I can't enjoy ANY of the platinum amenities?

Sure, I've received my 500 platinum points, but at the check-in they didn't even have my platinum number stored in the system and I have been asked to present my spg card the very first time since I've joined the programme. Then when I got to my room, it was a two bedded room instead of a king-sized bedded room. Later somebody called me and when I tried to pick up the phone, it still continued to ring and I couldn't figure out HOW to pick up the phone. Probably because it was a IP phone?

Anyhow a big disapointement and I wouldn't return to hthis hotel again until it's realy DONE with the construction which won't be before end of the year.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by bchl
just checked in today and this is the bigest disapointement so far this year! No pool, no gym, no lounge, no suite! Why bother to come if I can't enjoy ANY of the platinum amenities?

Sure, I've received my 500 platinum points, but at the check-in they didn't even have my platinum number stored in the system and I have been asked to present my spg card the very first time since I've joined the programme. Then when I got to my room, it was a two bedded room instead of a king-sized bedded room. Later somebody called me and when I tried to pick up the phone, it still continued to ring and I couldn't figure out HOW to pick up the phone. Probably because it was a IP phone?

Anyhow a big disapointement and I wouldn't return to hthis hotel again until it's realy DONE with the construction which won't be before end of the year.
Wow, I ENTIRELY agree now. All the reasons outlined above are spot-on, especially the construction.

I was awoken today at 8AM to constructoin in the room next door. Despite repeated calls and talking to the GM of the hotel, it persists at 10:47AM. I am absolutely leaving here early and not coming back. For this and the reasons above, this place should be totally off limits until 2007 and should not have opened this year at all.

Last edited by BobbySteel; Oct 26, 2006 at 12:46 am
Old Dec 17, 2006, 10:26 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Any updates from this property. Club lounge access, breakfast, & ect.

In addition, how close is this property to the Intercontinental Beijing, Financial Street?

Thanks.

Last edited by Motion122; Dec 17, 2006 at 10:28 am Reason: additional question.
Old Dec 17, 2006, 12:38 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Is this a good property from a tourist point of view or should I keep my reservation at the Sheraton Great Wall?
Old Dec 17, 2006, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Is this a good property from a tourist point of view or should I keep my reservation at the Sheraton Great Wall?
I have stayed at the Intercontinental Beijing, and by the address, the Westin should be right next to it(still need to confirm that). It is on the West end of the city, not much tourist attraction in the area, but the subway is 10 min walk away and taxi is always an option.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 3:26 pm

Programs: United MM
I cannot find a map of the location of this Westin on spg.com. I usually stay at the St Regis in Beijing, but it is sold out on my next trip. I'm currently booked at the Hyatt. Does anyone know if the Westin is very far from these hotels (these hotels are all in the Tiananmen Square area)?

If it is not too far, I'd like to try out the Westin.

Thanks!
Old Jan 9, 2007, 3:31 pm

It's a 10 minute walk (straight south) to the subway. Not too bad for touristy things. Not very far from the St Regis if I recall correctly.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by BobbySteel
It's a 10 minute walk (straight south) to the subway. Not too bad for touristy things. Not very far from the St Regis if I recall correctly.
The Financial District is in West Beijing, the St Regis (and Hyatt) is in Eastern/Central Beijing. I've heard that the Financial District hotels are a bad choice for tourists. I'd stick with the Hyatt which is very near Tianenmen Square and Forbidden Palace.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 8:46 pm

Just returned from the Westin Beijing. Paid 1100 rmb for a basic room before taxes. Great service, room upgrade, nice club lounge(great food throughout the day, computer terminals, and free printing up to 20 pages). In my opinion the Westin beats the St. Regis in every way except for location. The St. Regis wanted 2200 rmb for a King Deluxe or 1800 rmb for 2 Double Beds during the same weekend. The Westin is a 10 minute walk to the Fuchenmen subway station, and it is another 20 minute ride to Tianenmen Square(with one trasfer). If you opt for taxi, it is around 25-30 rmb to the center of Beijing with appox. 20-25 minute travel time depends on traffic. PEK is 35 minutes away, but can take up to an hour during rush hour.

If you are SPG Platinum, I would give the Westin a try!!!
Old Jan 24, 2007, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by Motion122
If you are SPG Platinum, I would give the Westin a try!!!
Thanks for the report. I think I actually might try this one out next time I go to Beijing. The St. Regis rates are thru the roof at times and this would be a good alternative during those times...................
Old Jan 26, 2007, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I just made a reservation and got the usual email back welcoming me. In the email there are the usual links to room amenities, hotel services, restaurants, etc. However clicking on each of those links brings up...

We're Sorry
The page that you requested cannot be found.

Please choose a Starwood brand below to go to that home page or click the 'Back' button on your browser to return to the previous page.

So I hope the hotel is indeed ready even though no one has bothered to create the web pages on SPG.bomb yet.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
I just made a reservation and got the usual email back welcoming me. In the email there are the usual links to room amenities, hotel services, restaurants, etc. However clicking on each of those links brings up...

We're Sorry
The page that you requested cannot be found.

Please choose a Starwood brand below to go to that home page or click the 'Back' button on your browser to return to the previous page.

So I hope the hotel is indeed ready even though no one has bothered to create the web pages on SPG.bomb yet.

The hotel is ready. I just had a wonderful stay there!
Old Feb 9, 2007, 1:42 am

Programs: United MM
I concur. I had a great stay at this hotel. As platinum, they say that I was upgraded, but I'm not really sure of that. The room was very nice, but it was not a suite. Anyway, I didn't care, because I really liked my room and the exec lounge and the service at this hotel.
One other small complaint: the thermostat in the rooms don't work very well. I couldn't adjust the temperature (it was too hot in the rooms), so I switched it off completely - but the blower continued to blow. Also, on my first night when I switched of the lights next to the bed, it caused the fuse to blow.

Kind of funny, now that I think about it. In spite of these issues, I like the value for the money (compared to the St. Regis).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.