Delta FlyerTalk BAL -- please sign in here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2004, 9:19 am
JS
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
Delta FlyerTalk BAL -- please sign in here

What is a BAL, you ask? A b!tchalot, or b!tch-a-lot, (stupid censor) is someone who does nothing but whine and moan and complain.

Do you always look for the negative side of any Delta issue? Then you are a Delta BAL.

Do you always look for the negative side of anything in life? Then you are a well-rounded BAL (I actually know someone in this category, and it's downright depressing to talk to her).

I know who on this board is a BAL and who isn't, but since I can't name names as it is a violation of the FT TOS, I ask that BAL please identify themselves.

Just think of this as any other topic on this board, but we'll skip over the issue at hand and go straight to arguments!

------------------
If you receive a reward, you deserve it. If you expect a reward, you deserve nothing.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 9:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Location: Seattle, WA;HH Diamond, Avis PS, DL PM & 1MM ... back to travelling the globe consulting aerospace engineering
Does this designation also apply to those FTers who BAL about other FTers who BAL about DL on this board?

GMF
Old Mar 10, 2004, 9:32 am
JS
Suspended
Original Poster

Nope, just plain Delta BAL only please.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 9:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
JS,

Does it count if I B a lot about people I want to meet, and live in SC, but haven't yet signed up to come to the Great DL Board FLL-PBI Meet?

------------------
Sir Dovster, OBE
(Omni Boycotter Extraordinaire)
Old Mar 10, 2004, 10:00 am
JS
Suspended
Original Poster

I'm flattered, but I will be in NC that weekend.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 10:11 am

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast
Excuse me, I think I am juat a BAl (l = little).
Not to be confused with AlB.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 11:19 am

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by belle3388:
Excuse me, I think I am juat a BAl (l = little).
Not to be confused with AlB.
</font>
Belle, from Eatzi's in Buckhead! My son loves that place and goes tehre a lot. I've never been there becasue whenever I go down there to visit, he drags me to an expensive restaurant. I guess it beats doem food.

Old Mar 10, 2004, 11:26 am

JS,
Is a BAL someone who might start a thread and then BAL when people disagree with them?
Old Mar 10, 2004, 11:37 am

Or perhaps a BAL someone who has multiple personalities and thus refers to him/herself in third person.

BTW, How long before this thread is closed?
Old Mar 10, 2004, 11:53 am
JS
Suspended
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by findmeinfirst:

BTW, How long before this thread is closed?

</font>
Hopefully never, as long as we do not mention other FlyerTalkers by name.

Come on BAL, I can't sign you up per the TOS, you have to do it yourselves.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 12:10 pm
Suspended

Location: USA-BUSH COUNTRY to 08 (avote for Kerry is a vote for UBL), DL-PM expires 02/05 (RJ boycott), HP-PL, CO-PL, FL- Elite Plus, WN -
From a realist perspective, Dl's one class product and RJ deployment is a negative. If some people wish to view this as wonderful, fine. BTW, while the fantasy thinkers are shoveled into the CRJs and pretending to enjoy the experience, I will be relaxing in FC.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
I think being considered a BAL by you would be a compliment, JS! So I guess I'll admit to being one.

------------------
Vasant
Old Mar 10, 2004, 2:47 pm

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); formerly LEXington, KY; still like the nym
Programs: DL Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
BAL was the designation of Friendship airport before Maryland got uppity and went off to the south sea islands to bribe Bewani for their code.

As to Delta, I post 'em as I see 'em. My money is elsewhere mostly now, but I still comment on the airline which "loves to fly".

WhassamattaU? Bad day at the office?

vasantn rocks!

------------------
"It was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity..."
Old Mar 10, 2004, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JS:
What is a BAL, you ask? A b!tchalot, or b!tch-a-lot, (stupid censor) is someone who does nothing but whine and moan and complain.

Do you always look for the negative side of any Delta issue? Then you are a Delta BAL.

Do you always look for the negative side of anything in life? Then you are a well-rounded BAL (I actually know someone in this category, and it's downright depressing to talk to her).

I know who on this board is a BAL and who isn't, but since I can't name names as it is a violation of the FT TOS, I ask that BAL please identify themselves.

Just think of this as any other topic on this board, but we'll skip over the issue at hand and go straight to arguments!

</font>
JS, what happens when a BAL compliments DL for a job well done. Is he or she then promoted to a different elite level and considered only a 1/2 BAL? Perhaps we can give BAL's ranks such as FO, GM and PM BAL's?

Edited for a typo.

[This message has been edited by Rssrsvp (edited Mar 10, 2004).]
Old Mar 10, 2004, 8:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LexPassenger:
BAL was the designation of Friendship airport before Maryland got uppity and went off to the south sea islands to bribe Bewani for their code.</font>

LexPax.... congrat's!! Doubt that one FF out of a 1,000 would know that bit of trivia! I just happened to be based in and starting my FF career out of Baltimore when that happened. One of the few instances where one airport bribed another to gain a more desirable designation.

[This message has been edited by Cholula (edited Mar 10, 2004).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.