Search

The Great Delta Board PBI-FLL Meet

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2004, 8:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
The Great Delta Board PBI-FLL Meet

As many of you are no doubt aware, the Great Delta Board Meet will be held in Fort Lauderdale this May.

It will include such fantastic attractions as:

** Obscure2K whipping out her Cholula in a crowded restaurant.

** Cholula whipping out his rather obscure...

** Dovster muttering dark curses in Hebrew, Italian, and English in which the word "Omni" is repeated on a regular basis.

** Canarsie making puns about how he was blackmailed into attending with dire threats of having the Israeli Air Force bomb his home if he did not show up.

** Mikey1003 explaining why he was Lorena Bobbitted. (Mainly because he would have to cancel a theater date with his wife to go to the Meet.)

Dovster is trying to arrange an agreement whereby all those attending would chip in and buy an extremely expensive gift for the regular DL Board poster who flew furthest to be there. (OzStamps will not be eligible for this contest.)

This meet will NOT include any single sex marriages, toasts to Leo Mullen, or servings of Tabasco Sauce.

The schedule for this meet is as follows:

First arrivals will be on DL 591, ATL-PBI, May 14, at 19:45. It is not necessary to arrive on this flight, but PM's who do will be able to walk into the Peasant Cabin and laugh at lowly GM Dovster who will undoubtedly be stuck there between the two fattest men who were ever born.

Upon arrival at PBI, whoever has rented a car will have the honor of giving Dovster a ride to the Ramada Inn in Deerfield Beach. As this was the absolutely least expensive hotel Dovster could find on the internet, there is a very good chance that it will also host the annual Deerfield Beach Annual Cockroach Race.

Cholula will remain in PBI through May 17. Dovster will remain through May 19. Anyone wishing to meet only with Dovster is welcome to do so after Cholula has left, but will forever regret missing this rare opportunity to see the Hot Sauce King.

On May 20, anyone flying out of PBI in the morning will have another opportunity to meet with Dovster. This is especially true if he is a CRC member who can get Dovster into the club. A similar opportunity will be available to anyone hanging around ATL between 13:08 and 17:45.

(Note: Any psychiatrists attending the meet will be given the opportunity to try to discover why Dovster referred to himself in the third person throughout this posting.)

Old Feb 16, 2004, 9:06 am

I would seriously consider attending, if, Dovster provides boxing gloves and 2 minutes alone with anyone who ever accused me of being a "Troll" or being a gay man from San Fransisco.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Finemeinfirst, I would be happy to, but you have to remember that this is a Delta Board meet, not an Omni meet.

It will therefore be difficult to find anyone who makes outlandish accusations, provoking remarks or gestures, or bigoted attacks.

(Exception: If your real name is Leo Mullen, we will ALL be glad to make as many accusations, provoking remarks and gestures, and attacks as you might want.)

Old Feb 16, 2004, 11:14 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dovster:

It will therefore be difficult to find anyone who makes outlandish accusations, provoking remarks or gestures, or bigoted attacks.

</font>
Do a search of past posts and you would be suprised at some of the things I have been accused of. BTW, even though I have lived in some pretty tough nighborhoods I was always a little scared to venture into the OMNI board.

Old Feb 16, 2004, 11:31 am
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Are we serious about such a meeting?
Old Feb 16, 2004, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Jeffrey, if by "serious" you mean that this will be an official, FT-sponsored, meet -- no, it will not be.

But I am very serious about wanting to meet as many of you as possible while I am in FLL-PBI. Cholula has already said he will fly out from the Left Coast for it and the others that I mentioned have expressed interest.

As we have a great number of posters from South Florida, and an even larger number from the Atlanta area (a short hop away) I think we can get a very good meet going.

[This message has been edited by Dovster (edited Feb 16, 2004).]
Old Feb 16, 2004, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
He also invited his concubines

Dov - I'll let you do the explaining

Old Feb 16, 2004, 11:54 am
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
If I came, I'd probably fly AA into MIA. Would I still be eligible to attend?
Old Feb 16, 2004, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Mary2e:
He also invited his concubines

Dov - I'll let you do the explaining

</font>
Err, no. I better not. You can never tell when my UIG (Used Italian Girlfriend) will learn enough English to start reading this board.

My itinerary has me spending four days with her in Milan on my way to PBI and another four days on my way back.

Her suspicious nature will guarantee that she makes certain I fly out of MXP totally exhausted -- but I am dead meat if I fly back to Italy in the same condition.

As for mentioning my concubines (either of them) on this thread, well that would be pushing things with her TOO much!

Old Feb 16, 2004, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Robert Leach:
If I came, I'd probably fly AA into MIA. Would I still be eligible to attend?</font>
You would be more than welcome. In fact, you would even be allowed if you flew AirTran.

However, if you fly on Air Iran, I am going to be a bit nervous around you.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 12:46 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Robert Leach:
If I came, I'd probably fly AA into MIA. Would I still be eligible to attend?</font>
Hey, unless I can get an award ticket on DL, I’m flying on WN. They’ve got great one-stop service from S. CA into FLL, every seat is FC and no meals means you’re bound to lose a few pounds on a transcon flight. But guess that’s true on DL nowadays too.....

Old Feb 16, 2004, 12:59 pm

Count me in except I will be on Song. I was thinking I could try and find RJ service into ATL, that way I could be of the same mind set as some of you. I think I would rather enjoy my $5 Korbel champagne instead.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Will the UIG or BAG be there????
Old Feb 16, 2004, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
From what I understand, no

That's why the concubines have been invited

Mary
Old Feb 16, 2004, 3:29 pm

Seriously,
Is there any specific official hotel for your "Unofficial" meet? I would like to book today. Actually, I could use a trip to PBI-FLL now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.