Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Great deal via Hertz!a free night!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2006, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia

Just was looking through smartertrave.com and found something in the sidebar(which most of us-and this includes me-ignore)which looked TGTBT
But it was!
http://rd.smartertravel.com/?r=i1623...8&u=3E90736065
You have to book a car and they give you a code(HPR)which is good for a free night on a 3 night weekend stay!
Old Nov 9, 2006, 6:39 pm

Programs: MR Ag, LH FTL
Looks good indeed. Thanks for finding that!

From T&C: "Marriott hotel stay does not have to coincide with Hertz rental."

Does that mean I can rent Hertz once and then use the discount over and over again?
Old Nov 10, 2006, 8:07 am

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
The link is broken and when I went to SmarterTravel.com it appears to have died there to. Looks like it was pulled.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 8:10 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Fine print says it isn't combinable with other discounts or promotions. I wonder what rates it applies to? If it works with weekend rates, then it is a good deal. If you have to pay rack, it's not a good deal.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Ok-so to answer some questions.
Sorry about the link-don't know what happened.
Yes the car rental does not have to be consecuitive with the hotel stay and one could book multiple 3 night weekends using the same car rental contract.
The rates I got were good weekend rates,not rack.
Just go to hertz.com.Reserve a car/the last page will have a link to marriott.com with the promo attached.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 8:45 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I played with it a little last night and while the rates I received weren't as good as my corporate rate, they weren't horrible either. For a short rental, the free night coupon could definitely make up the difference in rate.

Nice find and thanks for sharing.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 11:44 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Let me also add my note of thanks. I'm also wondering if the coupon is good outside of the U.S.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Tried it for Montreal and it worked.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Can I make the Hertz rez, get the code and later cancel the Hertz rez, but still be able to use the Marriott free night?
Old Nov 10, 2006, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

I guess you could-but I think that falls in the same catagory as booking on corperate codes that you are not entitled too.Dirty pool in my book and if hertz does not get enough revenue from this they will pull it.
Let your concience be your guide.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 8:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
FWIW, I'm going to use one booking with every Hertz Rental, but everyone has a different threshold of comfort.

The main requirement is that you must have a Saturday night stay. You can book Saturday, Sunday, and Monday night and only pay for the two weekend nights. That can save a lot money in places like DC where weekday night cost a lot more that weekend nights. You can also use the code at properties exempt from EEOs.

Also, I noticed that for some weekends, the code will pull up cheaper rates for the weekend nights than what you would get if you just booked the weekend nights itself. For instance, some DC properties only had rooms at $399/night on certain dates, but the weekend rate would drop to $159/night with this code.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 9:47 pm

Link is back up ^

Booked a FREE night in Hawaii

Last edited by imverge; Nov 10, 2006 at 10:44 pm
Old Nov 20, 2006, 4:10 pm

proof?

Do I need to bring my rental agreement to the Marriott? The rate rule does not require any proofs!
Anyone stay with this promo already?
Old Nov 20, 2006, 4:36 pm

Booked another in Montreal. I will bring my HERTZ printout when I check-in.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 9:46 am

I booked a car but don't see the code for the free night - Where can I find it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.