Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

AMEX 5X the bonus miles when using your card from 11/15-12/31

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2006, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta; Marriott Silver

I received the following offer in the mail today. Registration required at www.americanexpress.com/delta5x or by calling 1-888-632-0093. I just enrolled my card with no problem. Good Luck.

Rich
Old Nov 10, 2006, 1:35 pm

Programs: CO Silver; DL FO; SPG Gold; HH Gold
Not eligible. That is a ridiculously good offer, and thus must have some pretty specific targetting criteria, so I didn't expect to be!

At least I have MR double promos through January, then the 30k HH promo to finish my $5k spend for... Better than the last few months where everything had to go on the SPG.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 2:02 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Not eligible either.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
me neither
would be sweet though!
Old Nov 10, 2006, 7:44 pm

Programs: Delta
No go
Old Nov 10, 2006, 8:05 pm
g50

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA LTP, Hyatt Globalist, FB Plat
nope.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 10:01 pm

Programs: Silver, US Air
Uh-Uh. Me neither.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 12:49 pm

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
I got a dead link the first few times I clicked on the link. I thought I might call the phone number in the OP, but I had second thoughts about calling a phone number and divulging my credit card number (and confirmation code) with no other verification of authenticity than an internet forum posting (nothing personal, LastSurvivor). But after a few more tries, I got the link to work, and the address it takes you to is the www109.americanexpress.com domain that we've seen before in legitimate postings, and the page at that address lists the same phone number as in the OP. So if you can't get the link to work, my interpretation is that the phone number is legitimate.

I also was ineligible.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 3:58 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Crown Room Club Member, United Mileage Plus, HiltonHonors
Thumbs down

Another DL AMEX promotion that didn't work for me ... HO HUM!
Old Nov 11, 2006, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta; Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Helena Handbaskets
I got a dead link the first few times I clicked on the link. I thought I might call the phone number in the OP, but I had second thoughts about calling a phone number and divulging my credit card number (and confirmation code) with no other verification of authenticity than an internet forum posting (nothing personal, LastSurvivor). But after a few more tries, I got the link to work, and the address it takes you to is the www109.americanexpress.com domain that we've seen before in legitimate postings, and the page at that address lists the same phone number as in the OP. So if you can't get the link to work, my interpretation is that the phone number is legitimate.

I also was ineligible.
No worries. I can certainly see why you would be paranoid. I'm a bit surprised that more of you have not received or been eligible for this promotion. I've put off all my purchases until 11/15.

Rich
Old Nov 11, 2006, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
same here... no deal.. so I will just use my AA Mastercard...
Old Nov 11, 2006, 5:40 pm

Programs: Lifetime Gold AA, Gold Delta, Gold Starwood, Silver UA, Silver Hyatt, etc.
Same Here

No go for me either. You would think I would get something after spending about $300K with Amex, but I don't get Squat!!!
Old Nov 11, 2006, 9:58 pm

Not me, either. I'm not surprised it's narrowly targeted, though.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 10:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL, HHonors, AA, US, Aloha Pass, BA, CO, HawaiianMiles, Chairman, Centurion, AXP, MR, MHC Gold
neit.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 5:41 am

Programs: DL Silver
no dice. thanks for the link, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.