Wiki Posts
Search

My p.s. flight SUCKED!!!!!!! WORST SERVICE

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2006, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1P,NW-silver
My p.s. flight SUCKED!!!!!!! WORST SERVICE

First of all, English is NOT my first language, so it might be hard to understand my English....

Anyways, I was on UA 16(SFO-JFK) C-class red eye on Nov.10
This was my first experience to get board on p.s. flight. therefore, I was really excited. However, the JFK based FAs are terrible!!!

Welcome drink was ONLY water. NO OJ

After we took off, cheese plate was served for a meal.
The food was ok, but NO DVD player service!!!
I was unable to enjoy the great headphone !!!

During the flight, I asked the FA
"Excuse me, Can we get second meal (pre-arrival meal) before we arrive in JFK?"

Then, fat and ugly FA gave me scornful face and said

"huh?? you already got a meal. This is only 5 hour flights. You NEVER receive second meal on this route. If the fight is 8hours, there are 2meals."

I just wanted to make sure if there is second meal or not, but FA was very rude !!

I was pissed, I was gonna say "I know this is only 5hours flights, but this is a premium service flight! that's why I just asked you!!! yet I didn't say this...

In addition, FA NEVER asked me refill for drink.
My glass was ALWAYS empty .

After we arrived in JFK, I was taking a picture of C-class for souvenior, then FA came to me and said

"What are you doing? you have to get out now!!"

FA was really rude .

My fight SUCKED!! I was really excited about my first ps flight...
The FA's name looked like [name removed by the moderator], however, not only her but also all of this flight FAs did TERRIBLE job!!!! This was one of my worst flight!

NO OJ for welcome drink
NO DVD player in C
TERRIBLE service in ps flight
NO smile during the flight
ONLY one meal in C even NOT red eye flight

Is this as usual??

or

Did FA just discriminate me because my appearance is Asian??

Thanks for reading!
any comments are welcome!!!

Last edited by cblaisd; Nov 13, 2006 at 6:36 pm Reason: Remove name of FA per FT practice and rules
Old Nov 13, 2006, 5:30 pm

its a redeye most people sleep and not many eat. Yes cheese plate is standard affair as is no prearrival meal. I don't know why you did not get a DVD player, did you ask for one? Doesn't seem like worst PS flight ever but on par with shoddy/lazy redeye service.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When I last flew on a p.s. redeye, the F/As did not pass out the DVD players, but did announce that if anyone wanted to watch a movie or show, to not hesitate to ask for one. I didn't see many people ask for the DVD player, so it seems to be the right move. Why give out DVD players to everyone regardless of whether they want it, when most people seem to want to sleep?
Old Nov 13, 2006, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UnitedSkies
Why give out DVD players to everyone regardless of whether they want it, when most people seem to want to sleep?
The DVD players are NEVER given out to everyone. It is a cart which comes through the aisles, and you get one if you want, remember? That does not excuse the lack of DVD players.

In UA's defense, while crappy service is CERTAINLY UNACCEPTABLE, keep in mind that 98% of the pax want to do nothing but sleep. Most don't want more food, DVD players, or more drinks.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
The DVD players are NEVER given out to everyone. It is a cart which comes through the aisles, and you get one if you want, remember? That does not excuse the lack of DVD players.

In UA's defense, while crappy service is CERTAINLY UNACCEPTABLE, keep in mind that 98% of the pax want to do nothing but sleep. Most don't want more food, DVD players, or more drinks.
Fair enough. They probably boarded enough DVD players for everyone, but since they figured from experience that most people wouldn't want one, why come through the aisle pushing the cart? If it matters, they asked very nicely: "If you care to view a DVD on this evening's flight, please don't hesitate to let one of us know."
Old Nov 13, 2006, 5:46 pm

Can someone explain the DVD player in C? Are these for planes without the built-in LCD's? Are these for movie viewing?
thanks
Old Nov 13, 2006, 5:46 pm

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
Judging by the title, I was expecting a lot lot worse...
Old Nov 13, 2006, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS
Originally Posted by N792UA
However, the JFK based FAs are terrible!!! ... Then, fat and ugly FA gave me scornful face ... FA was really rude . Did FA just discriminate me because my appearance is Asian??
Well, being a New Yorker I can say most people find our unique brand of kindess to be quite strange, perhaps rude, but I find it comforting :-D

I doubt you were discriminated against because you appear to be Asian. If you feel this was the case, follow up with a United CSR and log a complaint. That would be totally and utterly unacceptable.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by qy112
Can someone explain the DVD player in C? Are these for planes without the built-in LCD's? Are these for movie viewing?
thanks
They are panasonic DVD players that run off the in seat power outlet. Along with them comes a case of that month's dvd's a kaboodle of wires and a NC headset. IMO very bulky and annoying...They are also only for PS flights
Old Nov 13, 2006, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
thanks

Only PS has them, its a portable DVD player and a booklet thingy of ~10 (usually somewhat old) dvds
Old Nov 13, 2006, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS
thanks
I think it's easier / cheaper for UA to distribute DVD players than upgrade the video monitors in the C class seats.

I flew KIX-YVR in F on AC back in March 2003 and we got DVD players. Granted it was an overnight flight, so the little bit of light coming from the screens were much better than overhead CRTs in that antiquated 767. (Man that plane sucked!)
Old Nov 13, 2006, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold, 1.8MM; Marriott lifetime Titanium
FWIW, the headphones that come with the portable DVD players are terrible compared to the other 3 sets of noise cancelling headphones that I own.

This sounds like a pretty bad flight to me and I wouldn't have been happy about the lack of options for predeparture either.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sandiegofun
FWIW, the headphones that come with the portable DVD players are terrible compared to the other 3 sets of noise cancelling headphones that I own.

This sounds like a pretty bad flight to me and I wouldn't have been happy about the lack of options for predeparture either.
Why do you need three seats of noise-cancelling headphones?
Old Nov 13, 2006, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vt2k
I think it's easier / cheaper for UA to distribute DVD players than upgrade the video monitors in the C class seats.
Definitely is...that's why p.s. has them.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 6:08 pm

The fact of the matter is that the "s" in "p.s." doesn't apply on the red-eye flights. You're getting a premium seat but that's it.

That said, I agree with what I think are a great deal many other people here in that it would be nice if these flights did offer better meal options. I understand that most people get on the plane and pass out (it's certainly what I do the majority of the time) but when I'm coughing up nearly $1,000 each way, something a bit more substantial than a fruit plate for dinner and anything at all before landing would be appreciated if I'm in the mood to eat.

The complete lack of food for breakfast is rather surprising. It would be great to get even a small "box" before landing -- something simple like a couple pieces of fruit and a muffin, for instance, which passengers could either eat on the plane or take with them and eat on their way into the city.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.